• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'm almost to the silver trophy. I've got all the fish items except the flooring. I'm okay with not getting that but I suspect I will once I cash in my points after getting the gold trophy.

i am still in the process of going from Red Roses >>> to Black Roses >>> to Gold Roses

right now I've phased out all of my red roses and trying to get the the point where all my black roses are replaced by gold roses

half way done I think maybe a week of work to get it done.

209K right now if I pick up all my gold roses and sell them. Might be able to get to 500k per harvest.
This is how I waste my time with this game lol.

I wish I could rename my town.

ebevan91

LOL my playtime is already at "115 hours or more" which makes this game my 2nd most played Switch game behind Pokemon Sword which I have 160 hours of playtime. And a lot of that playtime went towards building a living dex and (unsuccessfully) shiny hunting.

Thurible

I'm almost to the silver trophy. I've got all the fish items except the flooring. I'm okay with not getting that but I suspect I will once I cash in my points after getting the gold trophy.
There are trophies? I got to 100 points in the tourney and he said something about a prize (I think).

Moogle11

Banned
Got several of the items, no trophy as I got a later start today and didn’t have any bait ready as I hadn’t been digging up clams and making bait. I’ll be ready and stocked for the July tourney.

Just wanted to say that I love how wholesome and pleasant this game is. They couldn't have released this at a better time.

I'm absolutely in love with everything. I played every game in the series and I really enjoyed all of them, but this is comfortably my favorite one. It's exactly what I wanted it to be and it's up there with BOTW, Odyssey and Smash Bros in that it's hard to find much to complain about if you're a fan of those games. Nintendo is flat out killing it this gen.

bender

What time is it?
A water egg that nibbles on your line 5 times before letting you reel it in during the fishing contest sure does rustle my jimmies. Guess which villager is finishing last in the tournament in Futurama?

Hint:

EVXx7slUUAAj6_2

DeaDPo0L84

Anyone have even a remotely decent turnip price? I bought at 109 and everyday the purchase price has gotten worse and worse, it's now 42 😭

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Turnips are 100 here. I'll probably hop on the turnip discord and find an island at 90 later today.

I finished all the Bunny Day recipes and got the wand crafted. I also made a dedicated playground area and village square/gathering area next to the campground. I plan to flesh out a park area and a hiking trail on the 2nd level. I am really starting to like how my island is coming together. I've got a few more villager houses to relocate.

pulga

Banned
I've got turnips for 94, shoot me a PM if you want a Dodo. Tips are appreciated but not required ;)

Last edited:

Sleepydays

Banned
So a bit of a problem. Bunny Day is here, and I'm so close to getting all the recipes done...except resident services is closed for the day, so no crafting. What are my options? Am I SOL? Why do I care about completing some arbitrary, unimportant event in this game?

pulga

Banned
So a bit of a problem. Bunny Day is here, and I'm so close to getting all the recipes done...except resident services is closed for the day, so no crafting. What are my options? Am I SOL? Why do I care about completing some arbitrary, unimportant event in this game?

Didnt you at some point receive a portable crafting table? Ive got one inside my house and one I carry around everywhere.

And no you shouldnt care.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Did you get a recipe for a simple DIY workbench?
Do you have any Nook Miles Tickets?

You could fly to a mystery island and use that bench.

Sleepydays

Banned
Didnt you at some point receive a portable crafting table? Ive got one inside my house and one I carry around everywhere.

And no you shouldnt care.
Did you get a recipe for a simple DIY workbench?
Do you have any Nook Miles Tickets?

You could fly to a mystery island and use that bench.

Two heroes here. Thank you!

So I did have the bench, but i tried to use it inside my house with no luck. I figured it was just a cosmetic item, proving I am too dumb for this game.

ebevan91

Loaded up in 1m worth of turnips at 109. Not ideal.

I bought 15k turnips at 91 each. I wanted to do 20k turnips but I don't really have room to put down 20k turnips lol. I have my upstairs filled and then I have a big field of them on my island. I even moved a house yesterday away from there so I could have more room.

I'm not even tarantula farming anymore for money. If you can play the stalk market well enough then you'll have all the bells you need.

Last edited:

Rbk_3

I bought 15k turnips at 91 each. I wanted to do 20k turnips but I don't really have room to put down 20k turnips lol. I have my upstairs filled and then I have a big field of them on my island. I even moved a house yesterday away from there so I could have more room.

I'm not even tarantula farming anymore for money. If you can play the stalk market well enough then you'll have all the bells you need.

How do you tarantula farm? I haven't seen any all week, and have only caught one since I got the game and have been bitten 5 times or so.

Thurible

Finally am starting to get into this whole turnip business. Hopefully I get a good payout. :messenger_grimmacing_

JetNdVK.jpg

S6XJuxg.jpg

Got all the easter "bunny day" stuff. Honestly, though it was fun, I will be glad when all the egg stuff ends tommorrow.

Also got a golden slingshot recipe. Hopefully it degrades at a much slower rate than the normal one.

wZzdZGX.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I spent a lot of time today working on the layout of the island. It's really rewarding to see it come to life with paths, objects, and so on.

DeaDPo0L84

Today was the first time I became genuinely frustrated with the game. I need 2 more recipes for the easter event and I have run around my island legit for 2 hours straight popping balloons and looking for bottles and have had absolutely shit for luck. I was making zero progress and felt like I was just wasting time. Maybe i'll hop on later (hardy har har bunny joke) and do a few laps to see if rng is kinder.

Moogle11

Banned
Glad to be done with the Easter event. Got everyone made, got the reward then crafted shit to use up my eggs and sold all the hedonism shoe for 200k+ bells.

Moogle11

Banned
Today was the first time I became genuinely frustrated with the game. I need 2 more recipes for the easter event and I have run around my island legit for 2 hours straight popping balloons and looking for bottles and have had absolutely shit for luck. I was making zero progress and felt like I was just wasting time. Maybe i'll hop on later (hardy har har bunny joke) and do a few laps to see if rng is kinder.

Are you sure you still need two more? I was in the same boat and then realized I just needed to craft a couple things I had recipes for but hadn’t crafted. Then talking to the bunny led to getting the last two things.

The last two things are
a toy and a wand.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse

Which ones are you missing? I kept a few doubles lying around, if the ones you're missing are among them then they're yours

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
I'll look in minute, thanks!

Just had a check

I have recipes for:

Bunny Day Flooring
Bunny Day Wardrobe
Bunny Day Fence
Bunny Day Table
Bunny Day Wall

Not a lot but once you've got all of the recipes they stop spawning from balloons so you only get doubles from bottles thereafter. If you're missing any of those, you're welcome to them. Otherwise, check that the ones you are missing aren't the three you get today

Edit: Also, your character comes up with a lot of them him/herself when you collect enough eggs of a particular kind. E.g. the outfits come from collecting enough eggs of each type.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Just had a check

I have recipes for:

Bunny Day Flooring
Bunny Day Wardrobe
Bunny Day Fence
Bunny Day Table
Bunny Day Wall

Not a lot but once you've got all of the recipes they stop spawning from balloons so you only get doubles from bottles thereafter. If you're missing any of those, you're welcome to them. Otherwise, check that the ones you are missing aren't the three you get today

Edit: Also, your character comes up with a lot of them him/herself when you collect enough eggs of a particular kind. E.g. the outfits come from collecting enough eggs of each type.

I just looked, I have all those, but again I really appreciate your help. The outfits don't count right?

Moogle11

Banned
I just looked, I have all those, but again I really appreciate your help. The outfits don't count right?

The outfits don’t count. And the rabbit said the ones form recipes you think of while collecting he eggs fine either. Just the ones from balloons and washed up bottles.

Make sure you aren’t just missing the arch, toy or wand as those are the ones you get from talking to the rabbit/crafting things today and that you have crafted everything, rather than just having the recipe, as I didn’t get the toy recipe from him until I crafted a couple things I hadn’t yet.

I believe you don’t start getting duplicate recipes from balloons/bottles until you’ve gotten them all so you may just be missing crafting something or talking to the rabbit If you’re already getting duplicates.

Silvawuff

I think I'm hitting the point where I'd really love some QoL changes to the prompts we're forced to cycle through ad-nauseum to do literally anything in this game. It happens every AC I play. The first month is like fire and I start to get annoyed with it taking so long to do literally anything.

I still love this game and enjoy that it really is in a masterclass of what it is, but this is a simple game design flaw for a game designed to be played over a long, long period of time.

-Arcadia-

Banned
How did Bunny Day go for everyone? I needed a break from gaming for the past few days, on top of getting my first room add-on and having to redecorate the entire house (please excuse the ‘good enough’-ness, lol), so I couldn’t get as crazy as I liked, but still had a little bit of fun.

M00jeD3.jpg

(The wreath and balloons were two of my favorites and I put them to good use)

zJz894A.jpg

(Very um... minimal, lol, but just to give the place some Easter cheer)

IIqaEyp.jpg

(Same. Love the clock and will probably keep it outside of Easter, and this is my first wardrobe. The fitting room functionality is amazing. Again, excuse the room. I need more furniture, room, and playtime, lol.)

j5mjbNt.jpg

(This will look cooler next year when I have more time. : P I want to put Easter stuff and egg fencing everywhere)

I’d love to see some of yours, as I’m sure some of you made some crazy set-ups.

Moogle11

Banned
I think I'm hitting the point where I'd really love some QoL changes to the prompts we're forced to cycle through ad-nauseum to do literally anything in this game. It happens every AC I play. The first month is like fire and I start to get annoyed with it taking so long to do literally anything.

I still love this game and enjoy that it really is in a masterclass of what it is, but this is a simple game design flaw for a game designed to be played over a long, long period of time.

Same. It doesn't kill it for me, but little things like all the repetitive dialogue do start to get annoying after a while.

Lots of other little QoL things too--tools break too quickly (and annoying that even the hard to get gold ones still break), not being able to batch craft things like fish bait, tools shouldn't take up inventory spots--especially now that you need to lug around crafting mats and a crafting table to craft tools when things break an so on.

Game is charming and relaxing as hell so I'll still play it long term. But it could be even more so with some pretty minor QoL improvments.

BorntoPlay

Same. It doesn't kill it for me, but little things like all the repetitive dialogue do start to get annoying after a while.

Lots of other little QoL things too--tools break too quickly (and annoying that even the hard to get gold ones still break), not being able to batch craft things like fish bait, tools shouldn't take up inventory spots--especially now that you need to lug around crafting mats and a crafting table to craft tools when things break an so on.

Game is charming and relaxing as hell so I'll still play it long term. But it could be even more so with some pretty minor QoL improvments.

Maybe it's me, but the only thing I really find regrettable is that golden tools don't last... I'm not going to waste my gold on tools that are going to break anyway, it doesn't make any sense...

Last edited:

Lrnex

Finally got my island to 3 star! My highland area is a mess of awkward rivers and and cliffs so super excited to get terraforming soon and clean things up.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Edit: Thank you!! Someone helped. That saved me so much pain lol.

Anyone have some extra eggs? I'm on the last thing and this holiday is breaking me.

I need:

1 leaf egg
2 sky eggs
2 water eggs
1 wood egg
4 stone eggs
4 earth eggs

Dodo Code is N5GD3

Even if you just have stone and earth that would help immensely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom