• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

gela94

Is there a good way to plant things in a precise manner? I always end up with my flower not in the spot I want then I've to dig them up and so on, that is pretty annoying.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Is there a good way to plant things in a precise manner? I always end up with my flower not in the spot I want then I've to dig them up and so on, that is pretty annoying.

You don't need to dig a hole for flowers / seeds. Just stand where you want to plant it and your villager will plant it on the spot you're standing on (if there isn't anything else there)

Impotaku

Decided to stop for a while and do some decorating as i have enough pieces to at least make some half decent rooms, still lacking details but i'm gettin there.

Arcade room
YDbZDwx.jpg

kLjaDQx.jpg

Main room
wvFf6nK.jpg

exz2RhI.jpg

Bathroom
NApuvGF.jpg

Kitchen
fMud7t5.jpg

sEiUuQw.jpg

Back room
xmR52eC.jpg

Basement chill out room
56cM87X.jpg

FcHL9cf.jpg

iconmaster

Banned
Impotaku Impotaku All of those rooms are great! I’m especially taken with your kitchen.

It feels shameful to boast about my complete Bunny Day collection after that display, but I have no shame.

itKiwYs.jpg

Some items outside or in storage. The wand is the one thing I can’t make yet.

Last edited:

Impotaku

I love that moon lamp!! What is the item called? The lighting for the basement in general is really nice! I just got my town to 3 star so really haven’t focused on my house at all yet

I ended up getting it randomly from a balloon it can be learned from a diy recipe but i only got the item not the recipe but it's part of the star set it's a chair you can sit on.

Last edited:
Twas my son's birthday yesterday and my wife mentioned this game at breakfast because her friends were talking about their kids enjoying it. So I bought it as an extra present. Both kids played for an hour or so and got themselves set up. They then insisted I join the island. I wasn't that bothered. Not really interested in Animal Crossing.

3 hours later...

jfc

Twas my son's birthday yesterday and my wife mentioned this game at breakfast because her friends were talking about their kids enjoying it. So I bought it as an extra present. Both kids played for an hour or so and got themselves set up. They then insisted I join the island. I wasn't that bothered. Not really interested in Animal Crossing.

3 hours later...

jfc
Welcome to your new addiction.

Collete

Thank Nook, the spawn of Satan is leaving

So now that she's leaving, how does getting a replacement villager work?
5s1e3hh.jpg

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
But I mean, do they leave an empty plot of land when they leave? And can you remove that empty plot of land?

I'm not entirely sure yet. I think this would be the case as each villager has their own home. I don't think it would revert to the move-in plot. I will know for sure tomorrow when Axel moves out.

Jooxed

Gold Member

5s1e3hh.jpg
How long did you ignore them for ? I am ignoring a villager for 3 days now and he keeps running after me trying to tell me something.

5s1e3hh.jpg

I have had many leave so far so I know most patterns. Do not wait for campsite visitors
get some Nook Miles and try to invite someone new in yourself as soon as the house is gone and an empty plot of land is left.

I don't think you can move an empty plot of land (I have not tried) I did try moving a house with someone who was moving out and Nook rejected it saying that person is moving.

After an animal says they want to move and you say Go the next day they will box up their home.
The day after you get a plot of land for sale.

Campsite don't not automatically get an animal for me. But if you do nothing Nook will sell the land to some ugly annoying surprise thing you might not want

Last edited:
How long did you ignore them for ? I am ignoring a villager for 3 days now and he keeps running after me trying to tell me something.

You need to speak to them when they have a cloud over their heads.

Ignoring them does not always work, it is based on personalities. Some of your best friends will ask to move after a while to test you.
If you want them to move is is best to speak to them get friend ship level up then ignore them for a week or so. But keep an eye on them spy on them if they get a thinking cloud, they might have something they want to get rid of or sell or they might want to move.

If they want to sell something sometimes you will get a text for a bit of a hint that they have something they want to get rid off.

but often it is they are worried about moving or thinking about moving.

I have a DIY called a GOLD ROSE CROWN
I was dreaming about something I could make using golden roses and I think my dream came true

golden roses are 10 per pocket slot and I get them up to 360K I need to plant a few more for a full pocket of 40 spaces
10 roses sell for 10K bells - 1k per rose

Gold Rose Crown sell for 12k bells and only needs 6 roses to craft
so it sells for more than a stack of 10 roses

HTO76fb.jpg

kE6ud9y.jpg

CM9u7bP.jpg

right now I can get over 600k per run lol

now if Nooks could ofter this item as the HOT ITEM of the day to sell at 2x Wooo I feel so greedy

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Well my girlfriend played this so much during quarantine that she broke the left controller stick. Now she's complaining that she has to play it on the TV with the pro controller while Amazon is going to take over a week to deliver new joycons or whatever the fuck they're called and she is using my money to buy.

Well anyways. She has built an elaborate road / sidewalk system across our island that is honestly really impressive. She also made a huge orchid of every kind of fruit.

Well my girlfriend played this so much during quarantine that she broke the left controller stick. Now she's complaining that she has to play it on the TV with the pro controller while Amazon is going to take over a week to deliver new joycons or whatever the fuck they're called and she is using my money to buy.

Well anyways. She has built an elaborate road / sidewalk system across our island that is honestly really impressive. She also made a huge orchid of every kind of fruit.

thinking of getting a turbo controller from Amazon because I am afraid I will damage my pro controller soon

all the spamming of the A button for mass crafting and shooting stars can be best done with a turbo controller with A on repeat fire

rubenburgt

Maybe a dumb question, but is it possible to get all fruits from Nook Miles Island?

I started with apples, and I found coconuts, Oranges and Cherries, but I can't seem to find Peaches and Pears, and I have used like 20 tickets in a row today. (I did got a few rare island though.)

The same thing counts for plants btw. I can't seem to find roses.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Maybe a dumb question, but is it possible to get all fruits from Nook Miles Island?

I started with apples, and I found coconuts, Oranges and Cherries, but I can't seem to find Peaches and Pears, and I have used like 20 tickets in a row today. (I did got a few rare island though.)

The same thing counts for plants btw. I can't seem to find roses.

No, you won't be able to get them all from nook miles. Need to get them from other people or their islands. I'd be happy to give you the ones you're missing if it helps

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:
How does nookazon work? Do I have to contact people on discord, go to their island or invite them over to trade?

wish they did a better job of explaining I left discord years ago I know you can do so much more with it now so it must be just for messaging and talking with the person you are trading with so you can set up a trip for the trade or purchase

Thurible

wish they did a better job of explaining I left discord years ago I know you can do so much more with it now so it must be just for messaging and talking with the person you are trading with so you can set up a trip for the trade or purchase
Sounds a bit risky but possibly worth it. I still don't have all the cherry blossom recipes.

Impotaku

naz
SW-3443-8795-3698

yeah I would need some seeds since my place don't sell them at all but even one plant could help get me started

After extensive testing i have found out that all flower bag types eventually appear in your shop, i literally got every kind of flower base colour bag so it is doable on your own but some of them wont appear till the next season has kicked in i found.

DeaDPo0L84

There are so many things that need to be added as QoL improvements, sometimes it's downright frustrating trying to get shit done.

Top Bottom