• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

After extensive testing i have found out that all flower bag types eventually appear in your shop, i literally got every kind of flower base colour bag so it is doable on your own but some of them wont appear till the next season has kicked in i found.

really I thought I was stuck but I did get my yellows. time travel? Seasons?

I am mostly interested in getting a blue rose for the lulz

I am mostly farming Gold Roses right now and making 600K per bloom every few days.

Thurible

Don't know if this has been posted already but this is a massive help for turnip stocks...

Had to sell all my turnips this morning after using one of these applications. It predicted the selling price continuously plummeting this week for me. Sold for 168 bells each, I still made a profit but I couldn't become a bellionare :(. It is pretty helpful though, current price is around 50 bells.

BouncyFrag

A water egg that nibbles on your line 5 times before letting you reel it in during the fishing contest sure does rustle my jimmies. Guess which villager is finishing last in the tournament in Futurama?

Hint:

EVXx7slUUAAj6_2
I began my ignore campaign yesterday against Rocket...on her birthday. Only a few more days...

Last edited:
I have a DIY called a GOLD ROSE CROWN
I was dreaming about something I could make using golden roses and I think my dream came true

golden roses are 10 per pocket slot and I get them up to 360K I need to plant a few more for a full pocket of 40 spaces
10 roses sell for 10K bells - 1k per rose

Gold Rose Crown sell for 12k bells and only needs 6 roses to craft
so it sells for more than a stack of 10 roses

HTO76fb.jpg

kE6ud9y.jpg

CM9u7bP.jpg

right now I can get over 600k per run lol

now if Nooks could ofter this item as the HOT ITEM of the day to sell at 2x Wooo I feel so greedy

Omg, can you give me some golden roses so i can grow more myself? 🙈

I'm in need of financing 6 more bridges, 5 inclines, and my house got only 2 rooms - I'm desperate for sources of money :D

Impotaku

really I thought I was stuck but I did get my yellows. time travel? Seasons?

I am mostly interested in getting a blue rose for the lulz

I am mostly farming Gold Roses right now and making 600K per bloom every few days.

Yeah i time travelled to see if they ever changed going a few days each time then checking the shop, by the time i had reached autumn & winter i had the other flower bags appearing in nooks cranny. I originally thought you would only ever get certain flowers in your town and would have to travel to get the other breeds but i managed to get them all, when you get isabells morning announcement look at the flower pot on her counter you'll notice it will have flowers in that you might not have yet in your town im wondering if this is a indicator of sorts?? But if you play for long enough you'll eventually get them all, obviously if you can't wait then you can get friends to trade.

Last edited:
Omg, can you give me some golden roses so i can grow more myself? 🙈

I'm in need of financing 6 more bridges, 5 inclines, and my house got only 2 rooms - I'm desperate for sources of money :D

gold roses don't reproduce as far as I've seen I wish they did would make this easier

you need to start with red to get blacks and blacks to get reds, you can't get my gold rose farm to my numbers without heavy TT
most people would ruin their game time travelling that much. I have over 330 hours spent building this farm

gold roses don't reproduce as far as I've seen I wish they did would make this easier

you need to start with red to get blacks and blacks to get reds, you can't get my gold rose farm to my numbers without heavy TT
most people would ruin their game time travelling that much. I have over 330 hours spent building this farm

Oh! I just saw a black flower growing next to my field of red roses! So i need lots of blacks, then they produce reds, and then?

I know nothing about flower breeding, i just picked them cause they're pretty *triceratopsdies*

Oh! I just saw a black flower growing next to my field of red roses! So i need lots of blacks, then they produce reds, and then?

I know nothing about flower breeding, i just picked them cause they're pretty *triceratopsdies*

you get blacks then you'll need to water the blacks with a gold watering can for a chance to get a gold rose it takes a lot of time that is why most people do turnips

don't know about anyone else but my villagers are branching out in stuff they are asking me to do

two of them had a fight so one asked me to deliver a present to the other

one asked me if I had time while I was really busy and ended up playing a game where I had to find buried treasure with a 5 minute countdown clock

I thought I had seen everything they could do or ask

mcjmetroid

Starting to wonder if there's much left for me to do in this game. I've a 4 star island so I guess I can keep plowing on.

A few questions left though:

How many residents can you have? Nobody seems to be coming to my campsite and the dodo islands are largely the same.

Also how do you grow bamboo?

Also I still have no oranges. Anyone got 🍊?

Starting to wonder if there's much left for me to do in this game. I've a 4 star island so I guess I can keep plowing on.

A few questions left though:

How many residents can you have? Nobody seems to be coming to my campsite and the dodo islands are largely the same.

Also how do you grow bamboo?

Also I still have no oranges. Anyone got 🍊?

If you are going to m,ove on from the game why do you need bamboo and oranges? Those things just open up a whole lot of crafting items.

I can bring you bamboo and orange if you PM me a dodo code

10 villagers max no one shows up in your campsite unless you have an empty plot of land so someone has to move out.

If you are going to m,ove on from the game why do you need bamboo and oranges? Those things just open up a whole lot of crafting items.

I can bring you bamboo and orange if you PM me a dodo code

10 villagers max no one shows up in your campsite unless you have an empty plot of land so someone has to move out.

How do I get one to move out? I went to Isabelle, but she was just like 'oh, i'll talk with him' and that was 2 days ago.

How do I get one to move out? I went to Isabelle, but she was just like 'oh, i'll talk with him' and that was 2 days ago.
There's a 2 ways to get someone to move out as far as I know. the 1 way is to become friends with them then ignore them. Ignore them as in don't talk to them don't hit them with a net don't even push them. Only talk to them if you see a white cloud around them. This could mean they are thinking of moving.
The other way is guaranteed to get them to move out, Although you need an amiibo card of a villager. You scan the villager card at the Nook Services terminal that will get them at the campsite. Visit them and keep talking to them till they give you a task. Do the task and talk to them till they consider moving to your island. You will need to repeat that for up to 3 days. On the third day they will ask if anyone is thinking of moving this will bring up a list of all your residents you pick one and they will immediately be packed up.

'
Isabelle only resets speech and what they wear not kick them out

you can't kick them out, they tell you they want to move and you tell them stay or encourage them to move
if you are not time travelling this might take you a many weeks to see one of them ask this, the clue is a thinking cloud over their heads

the other way is using an amiibo card

I am down to 4 million myself which I want to use this sunday again for some turnips. You should save up 200-300k for turnips and you can turn that in 1million+ easily.

That's my plan for this weekend. :i I need to get off the grind (fishing, insects) and let my money work for me.

... damn, why is AC so real ... 🙈

I am down to 4 million myself which I want to use this sunday again for some turnips. You should save up 200-300k for turnips and you can turn that in 1million+ easily.

down to 4 from 20?

I should not even ask I blow so much money buying everything and if I have to move my bridges it adds up

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I've had my March and April bugs & fish done for a while so I've mostly been concentrating on building up my island rating. I've got a tons of items out and about but need more options from Nook's Cranny, the ABM, and DIY recipes. I think supposedly Nook's Cranny will upgrade soon, as it's around 30 days required.

Outside of that, not much going on in game since I have 7 million bells in my account and my house entirely paid off.

Impotaku

finally breached the 150,000 point ranking for the happy home academy and got the gold trophy, not sure if there's any more awards now as i have the gold silver & bronze plaques & trophies as well as the wall hanging thingy. I have a sneaking suspicion there might be something for 200,000 but i have yet to get that high.
S4d2RRP.jpg

h95y2Uh.jpg

Happy home designer taught me well on decorating homes, it's my favourite part of the game.

Thurible

Finished the very lasy home loan, now I have free access to home exterior customization and relocation. Maybe I shouldn't have focused on it as it was a bit of an unneccesary goal, but I like completing the things I can in games. Now I guess the only goals left are decorating my island into a five star one (I feel like that will be impossible for me. I am not very creative and I already have a ton of things there, but they may be a tad all over the place) and completing the museum exhibits.
mXgvKtF.jpg

I keep getting something called Throwback Rocket, but I need a Rocket to create my robot :(

I have a feeling that rocket is from Celeste she does not show up often enough

Tukker

down to 4 from 20?

I should not even ask I blow so much money buying everything and if I have to move my bridges it adds up
I have a slight shopping problem :(. I buy everything from nooks cranny and the able sister they have made millions off me. Meanwhile I have 20 different umbrella's and I don't know why :D. Another issue is that due to me not being sure if I have an item or not I sometimes but duplicate ones lol.

Bluecondor

Good people: turnips going for 340 bells on my island: dodo code is 5YRQS. All I ask is that you go across the bridge on the left and sling some cash to build the ramp.

Aw - I was on your island and in Timmy and Tommy's, but then it kicked me out. I will try again and leave a tip at the bridge after I sell my turnips.
No luck reconnecting. I will try later on.

Last edited:

Sleepydays

Banned
Aw - I was on your island and in Timmy and Tommy's, but then it kicked me out. I will try again and leave a tip at the bridge after I sell my turnips.
No luck reconnecting. I will try later on.

Ah, sorry: console went to sleep: set it up to stay on now. Code is 9R9GF.

...and the price has tanked to 141. Sorry about that!

Last edited:

Bluecondor

Ah, sorry: console went to sleep: set it up to stay on now. Code is 9R9GF.

...and the price has tanked to 141. Sorry about that!

Aw man - it is 12:30. The turnip prices reset to 141.]

Thanks for trying. I'm going to hold on to my turnips. I only have 20,000 bells, but I will kick in 5,000 for your bridge (lol - sorry I'm poor)

I have a slight shopping problem :(. I buy everything from nooks cranny and the able sister they have made millions off me. Meanwhile I have 20 different umbrella's and I don't know why :D. Another issue is that due to me not being sure if I have an item or not I sometimes but duplicate ones lol.

I fully understand I do the same thing but most of my stuff are duplicates so I sell back all duplicates even though I only get back half the price. The danger is Able Sisters if they had a better checkout I would buy each color of each dress. I still buy one colore or two before give up from buying one at a time, I give them to my animals so they look cuter when they walk around town.

Top Bottom