• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

BorntoPlay

I got the real tarantula island on my 3rd day playing (Sunday March 22nd) and it was amazing. Had absolutely no clue it existed. I did the “tarantula island trick” afterwards and it was ok, but not quite the same. And it is time intensive as hell.

I’ll probably never see the real thing again. I wonder if there’s gonna be a “scorpion island” starting next month, when the tarantula moves away and the scorpion comes into scene at the same price.

I got the tarantula island yesterday, more than 3 weeks after i start playing... I was used to plundering the island to prepare the ground for tarantulas, this time it was too easy...lol

Reactions: jts
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Not mine!
if5gp6u4a0u41.png

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Oh man. I think I'm going to have a decrasing pattern for my turnip pricing. Gutted, I thought I was due big bucks!!

You're not alone. Plus, my Nooks is closing for renovations tomorrow so I'm right up the creek.

I'm going to have to go looking for islands to sell on. Which is time consuming and results in getting scalped for a sizable cut. Definately one of my least liked parts of the game.

You're not alone. Plus, my Nooks is closing for renovations tomorrow so I'm right up the creek.

I'm going to have to go looking for islands to sell on. Which is time consuming and results in getting scalped for a sizable cut. Definately one of my least liked parts of the game.
I lucked out and managed to get something on Turnip Exchange, so I'm not too displeased. But not sure what to do with my leftover Turnips, fuck paying some of the fees people have.

Hopefully a friend will get good prices.

Care to explain to this animal crossing newbie what a Rover is?
Rover's primary role in the older AC games was to help set up your player character. He used to ask a bunch of questions and it would determine your looks and would also set up the time and date.

In other games his role was taken by Kapp'n, so I'm not sure what purpose he's going to serve here, but it's nice to have him back!

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
What are the chances of different types of shops that were supposedly rumored? I would like to see more to interact with my villagers.

alf717

What are the chances of different types of shops that were supposedly rumored? I would like to see more to interact with my villagers.

Once I got a four star island one of the things Isabelle tells me is that it would be nice to have more shops or something along those lines. At this point I am going to need a bigger island if they keep adding stuff! It would be great to have the option to fly to a second island that you could build on the side. Maybe even create one that is on the other side of the hemisphere.

beyond getting the art, I want to know if Timmy and Tommy's shop can upgrade again like Ninji said he saw hints for
It would be nice because I am way ahead in days seen and hours played

What about sleeping? Though I'd be impressed if you slept 48 hours.

oh I've done that before but I'm not that sick today praise Nook's bells

Last edited:
I am hyped!! The next update should have Brewster and
the third nook store upgrade!

why does it need a spoiler most people who don't time travel are getting their first upgrade because it has been 30 days which is part of the requirement to upgrade

people will hate visiting me if my am 2 upgrades ahead :D

I wanted to cook food right away, maybe food and drinks can be part of Brewster's

I at least want to carry around a sandwich like villagers do they make me jealous and hungry

Last edited:

Thurible

April 23rd? That's my birthday! I'm looking forward to the art expansion (I hope they aren't seasonally tied) and bushes. Now I just got a 4 star rating and hopefully some more flora will help add my score up.

-Jing-

Neo Member
I spent over 400k bells in turnips on Sunday and so far the highest I've seen my nooks offer is 140, today, for them. May the turnip Gods have mercy on me this week.

Mista

Banned
I spent over 400k bells in turnips on Sunday and so far the highest I've seen my nooks offer is 140, today, for them. May the turnip Gods have mercy on me this week.
Communicate with the folks here. I’m sure you’ll hit a profit :)

JSoup

Banned
I have done jack all in this game.
One room addition, Sable sisters moved in, campground, that's about it.
Well that's not true, I also got a Horde emblem for my island flag and a BadDragon stamp for my cell phone case.
Wonder if someone came up with some Rider costumes I can download.

Moogle11

Banned
SMH.

I’d found Gulliver washed up in my beaches a few times. Didn’t realize I just needed to keep talking to him to wake him up until I decided to Google him this time to see what the deal was.

Appleprosy

I just started a new game after giving my wife the Switch Lite. I don't have any NeoGAF members on my friend list, so...

SW-6886-5177-9196

Impotaku

IS 👏
THE👏
PATCH👏
OUT👏
ALREADY?👏
it drops 10am japan time so count backwards how many hours difference between you and japan and thats when it should drop. For uk thats approx 1am.

had a go at the burning elmo shirt, not bad for 20 mins work, due to the way the game smooths out textures you have to draw slightly differentl watching the preview on left to see how it turns out. Might go back and tweak the flames.
EXGQrOd.jpg

Gorki247

Had a quick update this morning - v1.1.4. I assume this is just a preliminary update, and a bigger one is due tomorrow.

On another note, I really hope we see an update to the number of custom designs we can hold. I'm finding so many good designs out there, but just not enough space to hold them all.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
There's a free rug if you have Nintendo online:

There's a free rug if you have Nintendo online:
I did this and it still costs 600 Nook Miles. Which, whilst not expensive I was still a bit surprised.

Also, any Pocket Camp players can get exclusive promotional items

See details here: Pocket Camp / New Horizons promo

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I did this and it still costs 600 Nook Miles. Which, whilst not expensive I was still a bit surprised.

Also, any Pocket Camp players can get exclusive promotional items

See details here: Pocket Camp / New Horizons promo

I see. I claimed mine on the NO store but haven't booted to game since. The Pocket Camp items are nice though. The campground sign is my favorite out of the bunch.

I see. I claimed mine on the NO store but haven't booted to game since. The Pocket Camp items are nice though. The campground sign is my favorite out of the bunch.
Yeah, it's not earth shatteringly expensive but still.

I love the Market flag and the Fortune Cookie stall! I'm waiting for tomorrow's patch to relocate my Campsite. Got some things planned but still need the cliff construction tool. I hope they do more tie-in promo items. Some of them are great.

Impotaku

This finally plopped through the letterbox, time to see what secrets this guide has. I know it sure as hell doesn't contain any info of upate data stuff. It will be over a year before guide books can contain everything but this will do for now.
6wO8nY4.jpg

Jooxed

Gold Member
Day 5 of ignoring Rex, he refuses to leave. I refuse to give him back his journal. We are at a standstill. He had a thought bubble yesterday, I thought I was finally there, He just wanted to give me an ugly sweater. I hate you Rex, now I have to start over because I talked to your stupid ugly head.

Collete

So, my OG switch broke down, meaning I pretty much lost Julian and Sherb and all my hard work in a matter of 5 minutes.

So, I have a new Switch!...The old switch now belongs to my fiance where Julian and Sherb are now, but my switch no longer can connect to the internet and no longer be useable without attached joycons...so thats been fun...

As usual, if anyone is on the look out for Julian and Sherb, please tell me. They were my sweethearts and now I'm sad they're lost to the offline void :(

So, my OG switch broke down, meaning I pretty much lost Julian and Sherb and all my hard work in a matter of 5 minutes.

So, I have a new Switch!...The old switch now belongs to my fiance where Julian and Sherb are now, but my switch no longer can connect to the internet and no longer be useable without attached joycons...so thats been fun...

As usual, if anyone is on the look out for Julian and Sherb, please tell me. They were my sweethearts and now I'm sad they're lost to the offline void :(

shocked you are able to get another Switch
but you should send that old one in for repairs

Top Bottom