• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

So how are they handling rooms now?
I see there are now seven rooms, but what is the layout? Is it main floor, second floor, west wing, east wing, north wing, basement (now fully furnished), and... what?

kuppy

Great OT, gets me hyped, so I signed up at the google doc.

Choosing Your Face

At the opening of the game, you'll be asked a couple seemingly meaningless questions. Your answers to these questions decide the fate of your eyes and face for the game. You can't change the majority of this later down the line so if your look is important to you, consider using this handy Face Guide. Just answer the questions as stated in the guide for the face of your choice!
Well, do those answers also kind of define my personality? If my answers for example seem to be ignorant will I then get treated that way/differently?

Iacobellis

Great OT, gets me hyped, so I signed up at the google doc.

Well, do those answers also kind of define my personality? If my answers for example seem to be ignorant will I then get treated that way/differently?

I don't think so. None of the previous games worked that way.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why would I want to do online in this game? Can people just pop in as I'm playing to hang out?

Well for one different regions will have exclusive items. Then you have things like turnip prices where you can benefit from visiting someone with a good buying price.

Lasdrub

Well for one different regions will have exclusive items. Then you have things like turnip prices where you can benefit from visiting someone with a good buying price.

Yeah, as long as your town gate is open. You can trade items, chat, play island games.

Interesting. I didn't know about any of the stuff they added to this game because I already knew I would get it. The online sounds much better than in the past games.

Ndayday

Neo Member
"What is your Town's Name in Animal Crossing: New Leaf?
8 characters max. Avoid duplicate Town names if possible!"

I've been staring at this for the past hour. It's good practice for when I get the game.

Stoof

Added you all all :)

4554-0549-5441

Added! :) My FC: 1203-9542-1648

Added a few from this page:

MicH
Drago
Sordid
Stoof
javac

Anyone wanna add me back or just add me in general, I'm on the spreadsheet, but here it is again anyways: 4682-8436-2576

Although I'm UK, I'll be active on both sides of the pond, as I often work long nightshifts.
Added All of you back!

So who wants to add me (no one)

0602 - 6262 - 9774
Added you as well!

Well, Stoof took Tharja, so...
Only the best FE waifu!

I kinda want this.

Should I get this?

Never played other animal crossings and this OT is scaring me somewhat. Does the game explain shit probably?

I've never played before either, but this OT has been pretty encouraging. People have said the game is really approachable and there's a lot of knowledgeable players here that could probably answer any questions that come up when playing(or even before).

I'm excited yo!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm home!

What a beautiful OT! Hope to see the guys I added in the original ACNL thread in my town! The FC list is going to be massive!

If anyone else wants to add me, feel free to shoot me a PM. I draw awesome SwapNotes (others can back me up on that)!

c2ZcqzM.jpg

Name: Diggeh
Town: Shindig

XaosWolf

I'm home!

What a beautiful OT! Hope to see the guys I added in the original ACNL thread in my town! The FC list is going to be massive!

If anyone else wants to add me, feel free to shoot me a PM. I draw awesome SwapNotes (others can back me up on that)!

c2ZcqzM.jpg

Added! =D
I'm 4682-8436-2576

Can the three additional players do any mayor-like stuff? Or is their game limited in that way?

My wife and I share a 3DS and I'm the big Animal Crossing nut, though I could see her getting into it. I'm just trying to figure out if it's more fun to share a town or if I need to get a 2nd 3DS so she can be a mayor too.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Can the three additional players do any mayor-like stuff? Or is their game limited in that way?

My wife and I share a 3DS and I'm the big Animal Crossing nut, though I could see her getting into it. I'm just trying to figure out if it's more fun to share a town or if I need to get a 2nd 3DS so she can be a mayor too.
Only the first created can do mayor things.

-GJ-

She will be a 'regular' resident just like you would be in any other AC game. However, you can transfer her character to a different 3DS (and game) and she can become a mayor there.

OmegaFax

I'm home!

c2ZcqzM.jpg

4897-5952-1916!

Haha, I saw your Mii and thought that too!

Added both of you. I'm 1993-7586-2867

I'm kind of addicted to SwapNote. Terrible at drawing but I like to send messages from time to time.

Iph

Banned
Probably going to read this thread front to back over the next couple days. So excited! I've only played City Folk but it left me wanting more, and in a handheld. I've purposely avoided info on this game aside from a few trailers. I want to be surprised. Thanks OP. =D

Only the first created can do mayor things.
Figured as much... thanks for the info.

She will be a 'regular' resident just like you would be in any other AC game. However, you can transfer her character to a different 3DS (and game) and she can become a mayor there.

So she can be a resident in "our" town, and then if she decides she is really into it and wants to be mayor, we can get another 3DS and game, transfer her, and have her become mayor there? That is awesome. Very smart thinking by Nintendo.

OmegaFax

I haven't added anyone yet so I'll add you!

0473- 9004 - 4904

Added you as well.

Currently at 99 registered from mostly NeoGAF and this thread. I kind of appreciate the ... well, "effort" Nintendo put into adding some sort of online features like SpotPass to the 3DS but all this does is make me want Miiverse.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
After looking down the list, nobody has named their town Hyrule... all my nostalgia is going out the window.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Add me if you haven't already my fellow Animal Crossing lovers! And PM me with your code so I can add you back :)

My Friend Code: 0989-2087-7811

Kenai

I'm definitely getting this. I haven't played Animal Crossing since the original Gamecube version and am ready to have my mind blown by the awesome.

FC: 3523-2059-4138

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm staying the fuck away from this game. I really need to get shit done in the coming months.

-GJ-

So she can be a resident in "our" town, and then if she decides she is really into it and wants to be mayor, we can get another 3DS and game, transfer her, and have her become mayor there? That is awesome. Very smart thinking by Nintendo.

Exactly.

Added you, Diggeh. 0602 6262 9774

Stoof, what's your FC?

Added! =D
I'm 4682-8436-2576

Add me if you haven't already my fellow Animal Crossing lovers! And PM me with your code so I can add you back :)

My Friend Code: 0989-2087-7811

4897-5952-1916!

Haha, I saw your Mii and thought that too!

Added you folks.

Mine is: 1435-4168-8789 If you want to add back.

This thread is growing fast btw, I look away for a few minutes and pages flood in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom