• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think it sounds like "bad layout" is a layout that's not so good for efficiency/productivity based on that.

I imagine some people would want their towns to be unique and any layout could be cool if you just wanted to focus on the look of the town and not necessarily how fast you could hit the beach to grab shells or something and run back to the store to pawn them. lol

To be clear, a LOT of this game is running back and forth... I'd say this town in CF has extended my average game length by 30%... and not in a good way. In a "arrrrgh I have to talk to villager B on the other side again!?" kinda way.

It's not just about efficiency, it's about quality of life.

What exactly makes a layout good or bad? I've never put that much thought into my starts :lol. Just take what I get and roll with it.

Nothing was really a bad layout for me, but everything after my GCN town I never considered a good layout just because I wasn't used to it anymore. I liked having my shop in a certain spot, etc...

Emitan

tumblr_m7mprkFWtU1qfsxpyo1_r1_500.gif

<3

zigg

The acre system of the GC version sounds like it makes managing the amount of trees you need for a perfect town a lot easier.
Acres still existed in WW and CF (and I believe are here too, but see below). I just counted out the tiles and dropped patterns in the corners to mark them off. Problem solved. And I really vastly prefer the continuous look.

Thing is, I'm not sure acre tree counts are critical for perfect town-hood this time 'round. Things like the types of projects you put down matter too&#8230; truth be told, I'm kinda freaking out a little about this, haha.

Philia

To be clear, a LOT of this game is running back and forth... I'd say this town in CF has extended my average game length by 30%... and not in a good way. In a "arrrrgh I have to talk to villager B on the other side again!?" kinda way.

It's not just about efficiency, it's about quality of life.

Veteran AC player KNOW what he's talking about, people.

So excited, can't wait until next weekend. Bought the 3DS primarily for this game.

Do you all prefer the rolling log style world that is feature in every game after the GC version of Animal Crossing? The acre system of the GC version sounds like it makes managing the amount of trees you need for a perfect town a lot easier.

I'd prefer a "seemless" version of the GCN map myself... the rolling log thing is okay, but it took awhile to get used to. As odd as it may sound, it gave me slight motion sickness at first in WW. I can imagine I won't likely use 3D in this game for the same reason.

MicH

Could I be changed to R on the list? I doubt I'll be encouraging my villagers to have potty mouths but it's best to stay safe!

I added a bunch of UK/Euro folks before I got tired of adding codes:

KennyLinder
javac
Senator Soufflé
Samurai_Heart
Robin64
FlynnCL
-GJ-
nin1000
Capell
SodaBeam
MicH
Tattooth
Jo Shishido's Cheek's
Pixel Warrior
shengfs
BGBW
DeadRockstar
MasterBalls

Add me back if you have room :) 3539-9248-0902. If anyone else wants to add me too feel free :)
I added you back :)

If anyone else would like to add me my FC is 2836-0194-8979

I only have 5 spaces left though :/

javac

I'm thinking of building my house in a remote part of town lol peace and quiet. I'm guessing that's a bad idea however. Damn dirty animals ruining my sleep! Lol these animals think I'm the mayor. Foolish animals. Foolish.

Lucent

Veteran AC player KNOW what he's talking about, people.

NO HE DOESN'T!

lol j/k. Yeah I know what he means now. I was just saying. I hope we get a lot of interesting towns to visit. Would just seem kinda boring if everyone picked the same exact layout somehow.

XaosWolf

Preparation, though some lucky souls have review/Japanese copies. So it'll be fun on launch to visit many towns.

I've not added my FC either because I've yet get my bundle! :) Feel free to input you other info and get with me later with your FC OR you can leave it empty for pm/privacy purposes.

Awesome! Gotta add mine then. I work 12-hour Nightshifts regularly so I can spend time with both this side and those across the pond. =D

Added my details in preparation. I'd only forget about it later. =P

Labrys

So excited, can't wait until next weekend. Bought the 3DS primarily for this game.

Do you all prefer the rolling log style world that is feature in every game after the GC version of Animal Crossing? The acre system of the GC version sounds like it makes managing the amount of trees you need for a perfect town a lot easier.

I like the rolling world if only for the game not pausing when going from acre to acre. That was my biggest pet peeve with the original.

-GJ-

Could I be changed to R on the list? I doubt I'll be encouraging my villagers to have potty mouths but it's best to stay safe!

Add me back if you have room :) 3539-9248-0902. If anyone else wants to add me too feel free :)

Got you!

As for what I'm doing... the Oracle games won't last me till the game is out. I'm already 80%+ done on Seasons and I've only played it a bit off and on since it came out. I expect ages to go by even faster because I beat it back in the day.

Thank you sir

I you haven't read this, please do.

"If they turn humans into animals... what do they turn animals into?"

As for what I'm doing... the Oracle games won't last me till the game is out. I'm already 80%+ done on Seasons and I've only played it a bit off and on since it came out. I expect ages to go by even faster because I beat it back in the day.

Oh yeah, I'm nearly done with Ages now, Seasons next. I also have Fire Emblem which is 50% done and Luigi's Mansion which is about 60% done. I don't complete games well!

Sheena

Neo Member
I got approved just in time for the OT! I added my information to the form. I'll be adding and PMing people from the list who are closer to my time zone, but anyone who adds me please PM me also since it's going to be hard to keep track of posts here.

Added you back!

-GJ-

Wait, what is this? You can actually pick a theme and it'll play in-game? If so, that's awesome!

I have never played Animal Crossing before.

Yes. You can create your own town tune. You can create whatever you want :). And DJ K.K. will play remixes of your town tune in the club.

Tenumi

Banned
I don't think I will care about the perfect town thing. Just wanna chillax with my citizens, man.

Same here. I just want to relax and have fun with my townfolk. Heck of a lot funner and easier than doing that with the people that live around me.

Philia

I got approved just in time for the OT! I added my information to the form. I'll be adding and PMing people from the list who are closer to my time zone, but anyone who adds me please PM me also since it's going to be hard to keep track of posts here.

Welcome to GAF! :)

Lucent

Are those games really that short? I got both of them. And Awakening. But I've only started Seasons and haven't even done the first dungeon yet. lol

Welcome to the rest of your life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom