• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

Anyone have AC wallpaper for smartphones without the title and logo? Something clean and simple that accommodates the fact that I have an app toolbar at the bottom of the screen I can't change?

javac

As I said earlier, trying to get my backlog out of the way in preparation for AC so I'm off to play Fire Emblem! Take care guys I'll see ya all soon!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is my favourite villager:
I9zE1GS.jpg

He's moe.

Stoof

Ugh my hype just spiked up really high again. This will be a long week. :(

Also, I have plenty of open spots left on my friends list so quote this or shoot me a PM if you want to be friends!

FC: 4897-5952-1916

javac

Anyone have AC wallpaper for smartphones without the title and logo? Something clean and simple that accommodates the fact that I have an app toolbar at the bottom of the screen I can't change?

Ha same I added that picture with the yellow bit at the bottom but it clashes with my icons on this damn phone. finding a wallpaper for a phone with a 1080p screen is hard :s

I'm so torn. I want to get the digital download version so I can keep it on my system at all times, but also don't want to spend that much on a game that will be then be tied to one system. Bah.

Sleepy

Also researching this game by the bucket load.

I'm trying to stay away from the game. I want to go in relatively "clear."

Yep. I bet you could convince someone to 'give' you them too. Go to their town and be nice to that villager and they could move to your town.

So you can steal villagers from others. Crap! I'm going to wind up with an empty town. lol

You can buy AC a day early at the nintendo world store event.[/spoiler]

Dammit! New York bias.

So who wants to add me (no one)

0602 - 6262 - 9774

I wanna add you ^_^ I haven't added anyone since the last AC:NL thread.

My FC is: 2852-7583-1536

Sure! I added you! My FC: 2836-0194-8979

I haven't added anyone yet so I'll add you!

0473- 9004 - 4904

I've added everyone, too; just add me if you want. FC: 2105-9776-2493

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I got approved just in time for the OT! I added my information to the form. I'll be adding and PMing people from the list who are closer to my time zone, but anyone who adds me please PM me also since it's going to be hard to keep track of posts here.

Welcome aboard!

My, I'm really liking seeing so many new faces in time for the game.

I think someone with the Japanese copy confirmed 60FPS, I'm not completely sure, though. All footage I've seen looks 60FPS, however.

That's interesting. Animal Crossing isn't really a game that needs 60FPS, unless I'm missing some crazy fast part of the game or something.

Welcome aboard!

My, I'm really liking seeing so many new faces in time for the game.

That's interesting. Animal Crossing isn't really a game that needs 60FPS, unless I'm missing some crazy fast part of the game or something.

It's probably more a matter of "the game is simple, so why not 60fps?"

Robin64

Wild World was only bad because it was doing something the poor DS wasn't designed to do (ie, 3D on both screens)

Not very optimised at that point.

DAhbU2T.png

Quick FAQ
To further induce hype, I'll be running an AC: City Folk stream every day until release. You can watch, mellow out to the music, join in the chat, or if you have a copy of the game (NA or EU regions work) you can register my friend code and hang out on the stream.

Also, June 8th (New Leaf's eve, I'm calling it!) I'll be doing an extra long stream starting at 9pm EST (6PM EST, 1am GMT) where I'll be giving away games live on the stream. But come midnight I'm dropping everything to download NL <_<.

Q: Where can I watch the stream?
A: http://www.twitch.tv/marriedtoletsplay

Q: What times will the stream be on?
A: 5pm EST (that's 2pm PST or 9pm GMT)

Q: Are you playing on an emulator or...?
A: A real wii using an Avermedia digital capture card and xsplit to stream gameplay

Q: What's your friend code?
A: 0992-2728-6006. If you want to join my town, just put your AC:CF friend code into stream chat.

Q: What if I want to chat?
A: Just click on the stream link and create a user name for twitch if you don't already have one.

Q: Will you stream New Leaf?
A: I would love to, but I lack the proper hardware to capture 3DS video and unfortunately it's fairly cost prohibitive for a free web series like ours (approx $400 before shipping). We will look into acquiring it down the road, but for now we're limited to streaming from console based games.

Yes. You can create your own town tune. You can create whatever you want :). And DJ K.K. will play remixes of your town tune in the club.

Are you serious!? That's awesoome!

Guys, what do I need to know about this game. I want to get into a lot more, especially to please my girlfriend with her recently trying to get me into it because she's hyped up for this game. :3

eXistor

Can't wait to finally play it. It's been so long since AC on GC had me hooked. I wasn't that fond of WW and CF but this one really adds so much.

epmode

I think someone with the Japanese copy confirmed 60FPS, I'm not completely sure, though. All footage I've seen looks 60FPS, however.

I hope you're right! It's usually not possible to confirm 60 FPS from innernet videos, though, since most sites are limited to 30 max.

Animekatt

I'm confused about the "Stalk Market". Are turnips the only items that are worth selling there? And what is this about many people having different prices?

Tattooth

Went through the list and added:
Nooferu
Labrys
Caclido
Serplux
Javac
Rouken
FlynCL
Tempy
-GJ-
Capell
SodaBeam
MicH
HotColdman
Pixel Warrior
BGBW
Kuppy

Sorry for the long post! Can't wait to see you guys in game!

Labrys

I hope you're right! It's usually not possible to confirm 60 FPS from innernet videos, though, since most sites are limited to 30 max.

Oh, I didn't know that. All I know that it looked really nice and smooth compared to "30fps" footage.

I'm not good with that kind of stuff ;~;

backlot

I'm confused about the "Stalk Market". Are turnips the only items that are worth selling there? And what is this about many people having different prices?

The turnips are the stocks. You buy them on Sundays and sell them before the next week. They buying price for turnips changes a couple times a day and is different at everyone's town.

XaosWolf

Added a few from this page:

MicH
Drago
Sordid
Stoof
javac

Anyone wanna add me back or just add me in general, I'm on the spreadsheet, but here it is again anyways: 4682-8436-2576

Although I'm UK, I'll be active on both sides of the pond, as I often work long nightshifts.

zigg

You buy as many turnips as you wish from Sow Joan (get it?) on Sunday morning.

Twice a day, the buying price of turnips changes, independently in each town. Your goal is to sell at a higher price—hopefully, a way higher price—than you bought for.

But the turnips rot if you hold them a full week.

Kouriozan

I want to say that once Animal Crossing is released, I'll probably stop using swapnote.
Don't know for sure. So far it has been fantastic.

I'm gonna pray and reset until I get Rolf. After 30 reset if I still don't have him I'll pick the first tiger that come :p

Drago

I haven't added anyone yet so I'll add you!

0473- 9004 - 4904

I'm trying to stay away from the game. I want to go in relatively "clear."

So you can steal villagers from others. Crap! I'm going to wind up with an empty town. lol

Dammit! New York bias.

I've added everyone, too; just add me if you want. FC: 2105-9776-2493

Added you all all :)

4554-0549-5441

Added! :) My FC: 1203-9542-1648

Added a few from this page:

MicH
Drago
Sordid
Stoof
javac

Anyone wanna add me back or just add me in general, I'm on the spreadsheet, but here it is again anyways: 4682-8436-2576

Although I'm UK, I'll be active on both sides of the pond, as I often work long nightshifts.
Added all of you back!

Shoogoo

I'm gonna pray and reset until I get Rolf. After 30 reset if I still don't have him I'll pick the first tiger that come :p

Care to explain this? I understand the face is based on your answers to 3 questions, but there is also some kind of randomized host?

I want to say that once Animal Crossing is released, I'll probably stop using swapnote.
Don't know for sure. So far it has been fantastic.

AFAIK You can pick up villagers from people on your friend list if they leave their towns, so there is still hope. I'm hoping for Cousteau, but other than that I don't care too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom