• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse24

Guess I'll have to catch those later tonight then. If anyone has bad weather where snails become catchable though, I'll gift you something if you let me visit your town to catch one. How's that?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
tumblr_mtm20qjy0a1sp8elno1_500.png

tumblr_mtm20qjy0a1sp8elno2_500.png

tumblr_mtm20qjy0a1sp8elno3_500.png

tumblr_mtm20qjy0a1sp8elno4_500.png

Don't forget!

Don't forget!

Thanks!

I think I have everything again. (I feel bad for the scorpion hunters; I must have caught half a dozen.)

That reminds me, occasionally villagers will give you back bugs you've given them, eg. when they swap the bug for another furniture.

Would it be possible for character B to give a villager a scorpion and then character A swaps out the scorpion? My sister's alt caught one, but her main character hasn't : P

EDIT

F yeah, no more mosquitos! Those things bug me so much when laying flowers/paths.

Coldsnap

Technically yes.

I seem to catch one every other day--just look for one of the fat shadows in the river (could be a pike too or, if the shadow's massive, an arapaima).

Dang, I've lost my chance on that a few times. I'm too slow I guess. Someone told me to close me eyes and listen to the noise, I'm going to do that next time.

Dang, I've lost my chance on that a few times. I'm too slow I guess. Someone told me to close me eyes and listen to the noise, I'm going to do that next time.

Yeah, that's a great tip. I personally have trouble catching fish when it's noisy and you can't hear the "dunk" noise.

I also recommend putting the volume up to max when the lure's in the water, if you weren't already told so : P

It's slightly easier if you have the silver rod as well, but you need about 50% fish completion for that.

Niraj

Holy shit that's a huge list! I'm missing loads of those. Stupid breaks from things.

Keep in mind that a lot of these can still be caught on the island.

Thanks!

I think I have everything again. (I feel bad for the scorpion hunters; I must have caught half a dozen.)

That reminds me, occasionally villagers will give you back bugs you've given them, eg. when they swap the bug for another furniture.

Would it be possible for character B to give a villager a scorpion and then character A swaps out the scorpion? My sister's alt caught one, but her main character hasn't : P

EDIT

F yeah, no more mosquitos! Those things bug me so much when laying flowers/paths.

Hmm...that's an interesting question. Seems like a tough thing to make happen though. The initial request to replace it, that is. You'd probably have to reset a lot. After that though, you'd just have to save and quit until the villager is in their house to make sure they give that back. You should try it and let us know ;)

zigg

I've given up on total fish and bug domination. I did manage fish domination in Wild World yet missed bugs by a scorpion and a tarantula (both of which I caught in the same night in this game, ha!)

Missing a lot of fish. I'll focus on that tonight. I don't count on anything though. Nibblefish will be impossible. I just can't fish the time it's available today. And fuck scorpions so hard Nooks ball's finally drop on his feet. So insanely pissed off about that. Two. In two months. Ugh.

Niraj

CRAP. Rune Factory 4 is coming out. I wasn't ready to pack Animal Crossing away yet… but Rune Factory…

Off-topic, but have those improved? I played the first one and quite enjoyed it (though I had to wait for winter to progress to that one dungeon), but I felt the second one was a bit of a drag. Heard 3 was good, but didn't play that, or the console ones.

CRAP. Rune Factory 4 is coming out. I wasn't ready to pack Animal Crossing away yet… but Rune Factory…

Yeah, I've been juggling Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem but I think this is next. I can't let my villagers go though. I'm too attached.

I find saddled bichirs to be super common. Usually kind of near the wide part of the river. Tiger prawn wasn't too bad either.

Gotcha. Last ditch effort tonight, I guess.

zigg

Off-topic, but have those improved? I played the first one and quite enjoyed it (though I had to wait for winter to progress to that one dungeon), but I felt the second one was a bit of a drag. Heard 3 was good, but didn't play that, or the console ones.
3 was pretty dramatically better, yeah. I liked them all, but 3 was amazingly good. The whole series seems to be on a solid upward trend (though some people hated Tides of Destiny's experimental vibe.)

I expect 4 to check in a little below 3, owing mostly to the dropping of the (local) multiplayer dungeon. But still really good.

Yeah, I've been juggling Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem but I think this is next. I can't let my villagers go though. I'm too attached.
Yeah, that's my only hesitation. Otherwise I'd just flip on BT and go, checking in infrequently…

(I still have an un-started FE on my shelf, ha)

Oxx

Yay, Rasher is on his way out.

I completely ignored him for months but started to feel bad, and as soon as I began talking to him he's off.

Definitely feeling like I'm running out of things to do in the game. Having no finished town layout helps, but there's not much to do each day to finish it. Gotta wait for particular flowers or bushes, or try and breed what I need, but it's less than 30 minutes worth of playtime.

And I just never get PWP suggestions. Desperately want the police station. :(

Definitely feeling like I'm running out of things to do in the game. Having no finished town layout helps, but there's not much to do each day to finish it. Gotta wait for particular flowers or bushes, or try and breed what I need, but it's less than 30 minutes worth of playtime.

And I just never get PWP suggestions. Desperately want the police station. :(

Hate to say it but this your problem unless your first ping of the day just happens to be a PWP suggestion.

Can't check myself, but are Nintendo's online servers down right now?

My sister's Zell is leaving today, but if the maintenance is going on, he's not going anywhere soon (and I don't want him to end up in my town).

Frogstep

That's a lot of bug and fish that are going away next month. I'm really looking forward to some new catches!

Will October be the month I finally complete my froggy kingdom? I can only hope! :O

Niraj

Can't check myself, but are Nintendo's online servers down right now?

My sister's Zell is leaving today, but if the maintenance is going on, he's not going anywhere soon (and I don't want him to end up in my town).

My bf chat is working again, so should be good now?

Coldsnap

This game is incredible. Girlfriend visited my town and Kid Cat (who use to live in her town) recognized her. I'm just surprised that sorta of stuff goes with them, game is so immerse for a handheld game.

Chopper

I'm missing a horse shoe crab from that list it seems. Is that catchable on the island whenever?
It's common enough at night. You shouldn't have any problems finding it.

Done a load of tweaking with my town today. I'm pretty pleased with the way it looks. A few more days of PWP building, and I would say it's...done.

Filled up my HHA showcase thanks to Eurogamer, so my catalogue will be getting another boost this week. Not much left to get now...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I was never able to find a scorpion, and every tarantula I saw instantly leaped into the water.

That really bugs me.

Hate to say it but this your problem unless your first ping of the day just happens to be a PWP suggestion.
Yeah. I just don't know how to fix it. I tried grinding last night to no avail. Getting desperate and writing letters to villagers asking for it in the hopes the software will parse them and make them suggest it (though I doubt it'll work.)

I especially need it because, while I think I managed to fix my bush situation, I think it now doesn't leave enough room for the station next to town hall. There'd only be five spaces between town hall and the new outer bush line. :/

Frogstep

Aww was hoping for more than 3 new catches, and they're found all day too so they'll be caught really quick.

Oh well, at least it's something and there's that Halloween event this month, looking forward to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom