• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame this:

tumblr_mqf2an3YZD1svw95ao4_400.jpg

Never really got over that and her subsequent mocking

Oh man, I lol'd hard at that pic.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The cherry blossom version is nice.

lmao.

Weak!

Excusuzu

Btw I've been stockpiling gifts for your next visit. None are as good as the hashtag shirt though #brownieswag

At shoes:

Please don't encourage her.

Ellix

Hmm I think I've confused myself with the rose hybrids. Will red rose+ spawn from orange+purple, orange+orange, purple+purple, all of the above? I've had fields of all orange roses and all purple roses yet I've only found one red rose+ (between the two fields).

Hmm I think I've confused myself with the rose hybrids. Will red rose+ spawn from orange+purple, orange+orange, purple+purple, all of the above? I've had fields of all orange roses and all purple roses yet I've only found one red rose+ (between the two fields).

O+P seems to be the best combo, but yeah, all those should produce hybrid reds.

suzu

Finished getting all my fossils. Finally!

Excusuzu

Btw I've been stockpiling gifts for your next visit. None are as good as the hashtag shirt though #brownieswag

At shoes:

Please don't encourage her.

:D

Yo! You gotta stop using those hashtags bro.

zigg

How do you gals manage to deal with the haircut thing? I just want to hide from the world after my evening trip to Shampoodle, it's so awful. And she won't give me a do-over, not even in another town ;_;

Midou

Do floors/walls count as items towards a theme challenge (like are they part of the 8+ items that gets you 600 points per?).

I have been doing some experimenting with watering flowers on my physical copy of this game (TTing involved).

I started out with a single red and a single white rose. I initiated Beautiful Town and watered ONLY those two.

Next day I got a pink rose. I watered the three.

Next day two pink roses.

I'm now a little month in and I have way over 40 pink roses, ~10-15 purple roses (spawned off pink roses) and 3 black roses (also off pink roses).

I am now only watering the purple and black roses and get about 3-4 hybrids a day, often 2 purple and 1-2 pink.

Watering flowers definitely has an effect. The flowers I don't water pretty much NEVER spawn another flower.

It's gotten to the point where I have way too many pink roses, it is absolutely incredible.

So water the flowers you want to breed, people.

Purple roses spawn off of pink roses? What combo, pink x pink? Thonky needs to update their guide . . .

Flipyap

How do you gals manage to deal with the haircut thing? I just want to hide from the world after my evening trip to Shampoodle, it's so awful. And she won't give me a do-over, not even in another town ;_;
I have yet to make us of Shampoodle's services, but I have little interest in doing that since wigs have been pretty good to me so far, and I'm definitely going to keep them handy in case of hairmergency.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Anyone have any "modern" theme clothing on sale at their shops? Gracie's back.

Airy Shirt
Blue Check Print
Blue Check Print Long
Blue Diamond Top
Blue Diamond Top Long
Blue Retro Dress
Cloche Hat
Cool Dress
Cool Shirt
Crewel Shirt
Dark Polka Shirt
Dark Polka Shirt Long
Dark Polka Skirt
Ellipse Sunglasses
Go-Go Shirt
Gracie Glasses
Gracie Hat
Gracie's Top
Grape Stripe Long
Grape Stripe Tee
Jade Check Print
Jade Check Print Long
Night Sky Tee
Orange Pinstripe
Orange Pinstripe Long
Sabots
Stripe Pumps
Swell Shirt
Swell Shirt Long
Trendy Shirt

MicH

Purple roses spawn off of pink roses? What combo, pink x pink? Thonky needs to update their guide . . .
They are bred from the white genes in the pink rose (as it's from a red x white pair). Same goes for the black rose that is bred from the red genes.

That's also why a lot of us are getting our black flowers from our pink and orange flowers

Flower genetics man. Serious business

zigg

I have yet to make us of Shampoodle's services, but I have little interest in doing that since wigs have been pretty good to me so far, and I'm definitely going to keep them handy in case of hairmergency.
Ahh, I should have considered a hair-covering hat of some sort. Regrettably, I'm fresh out of anything useful. I'll just hide until Early Bird forces Shampoodle to see me again early tomorrow ;)

Yeah ok its the first one on the left lol. Cookies for all!

I think the contrast on these flowers at night is pretty terrible I can hardly tell the difference personally.

zroid

Banned
Yeah I can never tell, lol. It's not possible for me to discern the colours at all, but since you said there was only one blue, I was able to find the one flower which looked slightly different from the rest.

Despera

Banned
What happens if you haven't received a package because your mailbox was full? Do you get it at the next scheduled delivery time?

Guys, I have a dilemma. Nintendo restored my ambassador status on my new 3DS (since I got mugged) but instead of restoring my purchase history they credited the money to my eShop funds.

So now I don't know if i should repurchase Animal Crossing or get a physical version to avoid losing my save file AGAIN. I'm actually having trouble deciding if I should repurchase whatever I had before or just buy new stuff since I had finished most of those games :/

Unless it's mandatory I download the same stuff again but the guys I talked to at Nintendo didn't mention anything like that when I called...

its very hard to tell, but it is noticable. If I had a lot of blue violets and purple roses I'd have a hard time (at night anyway) discerning one from another.

Guys, I have a dilemma. Nintendo restored my ambassador status on my new 3DS (since I got mugged) but instead of restoring my purchase history they credited the money to my eShop funds.

So now I don't know if i should repurchase Animal Crossing or get a physical version to avoid losing my save file AGAIN. I'm actually having trouble deciding if I should repurchase whatever I had before or just buy new stuff since I had finished most of those games :/

Unless it's mandatory I download the same stuff again but the guys I talked to at Nintendo didn't mention anything like that when I called...

Since you have a choice, get the physical copy. Digital is more convenient, but the save corruption nightmares and having the game tied to your system. It just seems like a bad idea.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

You lucky sunuvabitch!

buy new games!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Second Gracie Check Passed!

Her randomly showing up is crap though. I'm going to go well past the 30 days for the last upgrade before she shows up. Took her almost 3 weeks to show up the first time.

UberTag

In case anyone wants to visit my town to catalog stuff, here is what's in my shops tonight:

Timmy - K.K. Mambo, Mrs. Flamingo, Director's Chair, Exotic Wall Shelf, Bird Feeder, Lava Lamp, Astro Wall, Playroom Wall, Ornate Rug, Plush Carpet
Leif - Pothos, Blue-Hydrangea Start, White-Azalea Start
Mabel - Camel Shirt, Green Dress, Checkerboard Skirt
Labelle - Blue Dot Parasol, Batter's Helmet, Blue Ribbon, King's Beard, Pink Glasses, Yellow Glasses
Kicks - Brown Pumps, Flower Loafers, Kimono Sandals, Zap Boots, Soccer Socks
Celeste - Rope Partition, Dig-Site Wall, Silver Shovel
Tom Nook - Cobblestone Exterior, Simple Gray Roof, Blue Fence, Fairy-Tale Door, Arched Blue Door, Metal Mailbox, Blue-Brick Pavement
Grams - Mermaid Dresser, Aloha Shorts, Red-Hibiscus Start

And Reese is paying double for... Sea-snail Shell.
wtzgU.gif

Zero_IYAD

In case anyone wants to visit my town to catalog stuff, here is what's in my shops tonight:

Timmy - K.K. Mambo, Mrs. Flamingo, Director's Chair, Exotic Wall Shelf, Bird Feeder, Lava Lamp, Astro Wall, Playroom Wall, Ornate Rug, Plush Carpet
Leif - Pothos, Blue-Hydrangea Start, White-Azalea Start
Mabel - Camel Shirt, Green Dress, Checkerboard Skirt
Labelle - Blue Dot Parasol, Batter's Helmet, Blue Ribbon, King's Beard, Pink Glasses, Yellow Glasses
Kicks - Brown Pumps, Flower Loafers, Kimono Sandals, Zap Boots, Soccer Socks
Celeste - Rope Partition, Dig-Site Wall, Silver Shovel
Tom Nook - Cobblestone Exterior, Simple Gray Roof, Blue Fence, Fairy-Tale Door, Arched Blue Door, Metal Mailbox, Blue-Brick Pavement
Grams - Mermaid Dresser, Aloha Shorts, Red-Hibiscus Start

And Reese is paying double for... Sea-snail Shell.
wtzgU.gif
I need the blue fence for my Trendy theme challenge.
My city will enter a new day in 30 minutes, mind if I come by?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom