• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyRiven

How do you gals manage to deal with the haircut thing? I just want to hide from the world after my evening trip to Shampoodle, it's so awful. And she won't give me a do-over, not even in another town ;_;

My first trip to shampoodle was a nightmare. I wore a hat until the next day. lol

I remember getting a terrible haircut from someone who wasn't my usual barber years ago and I wore a hat outdoors to cover it up for a week.

I did the same in Animal Crossing after my first cut.

I went through all of the weird ones so that I could get the girl hairstyles!

UberTag

I need the blue fence for my Trendy theme challenge.
My city will enter a new day in 30 minutes, mind if I come by?
I'll open up my gates in 30 minutes for ya then. I believe Nook is still open for the next hour.
Let me know if you plan to drop by earlier.

Leeness

You...you guys.

I cut down a tree and instead of rings...it had a Triforce on the stump.

...Have I found the secret to life itself?!

Koomaster

How do you gals manage to deal with the haircut thing? I just want to hide from the world after my evening trip to Shampoodle, it's so awful. And she won't give me a do-over, not even in another town ;_;
tumblr_mqvup2RA6h1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mqvuqt5qKN1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mqvusuRgV61swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mqvuukXbs01swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mqvuw9M8Ce1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mqvuxvFUfF1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mqvuzlZaOK1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

As a sidenote to this, I found out I have taken 1,800+ pictures in New Leaf so far. Just transferred them all to my PC since my SD card was getting full.

I just visited the town of one of the Japanese twelve year olds that I added from club tortimer.

I want Tiara Hair.

How long until Gracie opens a shop? Minimum?

Marvie_3

Banned
I just visited the town of one of the Japanese twelve year olds that I added from club tortimer.

I want Tiara Hair.

Minimum of 30 days and 4 Gracie checks after T.I.Y. opens and around 70 days from the first day you play.

Koomaster

I want Tiara Hair.

31 days after TIY opens in your town assuming Gracie visits your town 4 times and you pass all 4 of her fashion checks between now and then.

ramyeon

I want Tiara Hair.

She opens with the Department store (Final Nookling's upgrade). Min of 30 days since the 3rd shop upgrade and you need to pass her fashion checks at least 4 times.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Ditto. Like someone posted last night, I have had Pete as my special visitor 2 days in a row now. Waiting for him to show up again tomorrow.

Oh seriously? I didn't know that he counted. I see that dude like every damn day. That's really lame :/

UberTag

Pete is the defacto "nobody else bothered to show up today" visitor.
They show up even less once Katrina leaves the rotation to open up shop on Main Street.

ramyeon

Now that I've got all the Gold stuff from the HHA I'm gonna add one to my house exterior every day.

Except that Gold Exterior. Why does it have to be so ugly? :/

It's would have been awesome if it was actually all gold, then my Zen Castle would look kind of like the Kinkakuji.

Elija2

How often are you guys getting chores to do for your villagers? Lately it seems like my villagers rarely ask me to do anything for them. I'm trying to get their pictures, but this really doesn't help.

Niraj

How often are you guys getting chores to do for your villagers? Lately it seems like my villagers rarely ask me to do anything for them. I'm trying to get their pictures, but this really doesn't help.

Rarely these days as well. If I'm lucky I get 1-2 of them a day

Although today I had a few more to be honest. Flurry had me deliver a package. Lionel wanted fruit and a piece of furniture. Tammi asked for a horse mackerel. That's it I think.

Koomaster

Usually anyone outside or in their homes will give me at least 1 quest per day.

Animekatt

Ditto. Like someone posted last night, I have had Pete as my special visitor 2 days in a row now. Waiting for him to show up again tomorrow.

I was just telling my bf how lame it was for Pete to be treated as a special npc. Another thing to add to the check list of negative ACNL things. :{

Roto13

I want to change my town tune to the theme from The Prisoner.

I also want to design a jacket like the one Number 6 wears.

I've been watching The Prisoner.

Elija2

Rarely these days as well. If I'm lucky I get 1-2 of them a day

Although today I had a few more to be honest. Flurry had me deliver a package. Lionel wanted fruit and a piece of furniture. Tammi asked for a horse mackerel. That's it I think.

Yeah, yesterday I think I got just one but today I got a couple. Curly asked me to bury his time capsule so I don't know if I'll even get a chance to get his picture until he asks me to dig it back up.

Also, how many days is there between villagers wanting to move out? I think it varies. Tia wanted to move out on the 28th of last month and Hans wanted to move out today. That's four days in between, which means I'll likely have to wait at least four more days until another villager wants to move out. I hate this, all of my favourite villagers want to move out but the ones I want to leave never even ask. I wonder if it's truly random or not.

Koomaster

Yeah, yesterday I think I got just one but today I got a couple. Curly asked me to bury his time capsule so I don't know if I'll even get a chance to get his picture until he asks me to dig it back up.

Also, how many days is there between villagers wanting to move out? I think it varies. Tia wanted to move out on the 28th of last month and Hans wanted to move out today. That's four days in between, which means I'll likely have to wait at least four more days until another villager wants to move out. I hate this, all of my favourite villagers want to move out but the ones I want to leave never even ask. I wonder if it's truly random or not.
I think its' random honestly. Don't think your friendship affects it one way or the other.

As for the time capsule thing. Tomorrow Curly will forget about it and you can get other requests from him like normal. In a couple weeks (if he's still in your town) he'll have a request for you to dig the time capsule back up.

If you've never buried a time capsule before, memorize tonight where it is or maybe place a special pattern by it. The little X marker will disappear tomorrow. If you don't remember where it is, when it re-appears you could accidentally dig it up before Curly asks.

Koomaster

Wait, does he really count as the special visitor for the day? That's pretty lame.
I'm pretty sure he does. The dogs in the police station keep track of special visitors and will mention Pete when you ask if anything is going on in town saying 'Pete is making his rounds at 9am and 5pm today.'

Plus I never have any other special visitors when Pete is around. Although I have gotten both Pete and Katie on the same day. Don't think she counts as a special visitor though.

Niraj

I think its' random honestly. Don't think your friendship affects it one way or the other.

As for the time capsule thing. Tomorrow Curly will forget about it and you can get other requests from him like normal. In a couple weeks (if he's still in your town) he'll have a request for you to dig the time capsule back up.

If you've never buried a time capsule before, memorize tonight where it is or maybe place a special pattern by it. The little X marker will disappear tomorrow. If you don't remember where it is, when it re-appears you could accidentally dig it up before Curly asks.

I'm not sure if this is always the case, but I dug up Flurry's before she asked me to and just gave it to her. She said something to the effect of "oh, I was going to ask you to dig this up, and here you are!" There weren't any adverse effects in this instance.

Roto13

I'm pretty sure he does. The dogs in the police station keep track of special visitors and will mention Pete when you ask if anything is going on in town saying 'Pete is making his rounds at 9am and 5pm today.'

Plus I never have any other special visitors when Pete is around. Although I have gotten both Pete and Katie on the same day. Don't think she counts as a special visitor though.

That doesn't mean he counts as a special visitor. He's not keeping the actual special visitors from being there.

Frogstep

That doesn't mean he counts as a special visitor. He's not keeping the actual special visitors from being there.

Ah ok, gotcha. That totally would suck if he did, cause he does nothing and he just repeats the same line over and over.

Koomaster

He's not keeping special visitors from being there.
But special visitors don't show up when he's there.

So is he a special visitor himself or does he show up in the absence of anyone else?

Could go either way and I see why you think he's not a special visitor as well. I just choose to think he's a special visitor because the police dogs make mention of him like they do other special visitors.

Ultimately if Pete is there, nobody else is showing up who is a special visitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom