• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I got to see the year to its near-end before I had to pack my 3ds in a box for a long time. I even got to celebrate my birthday in-game with my favorite villagers.

hni_0019_jpgwqk8b.jpg

That being said I would never recommend time traveling on a technical level. Your favorite villagers can be gone with only a letter in the mail telling you so, lamer villagers move in messing up your paths/plants in the process, public works don't get built, and weeds pop up. Keeping beautiful town ordinance on only seems to save the flowers. When I get my 3ds back I'm betting we'll be on |OT6|, and I look forward to being able to sit down with the town and relax. I don't think I would have had half the fun I did without GAF, so thank you to everyone.

There is one big thing you can do by years end too!
hni_0041_jpgosjz1.jpg

hni_0042_jpgj8jvj.jpg

See you in the future.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm glad I got to see the year to its near-end before I had to pack my 3ds in a box for a long time. I even got to celebrate my birthday in-game with my favorite villagers.

hni_0019_jpgwqk8b.jpg

That being said I would never recommend time traveling on a technical level. Your favorite villagers can be gone with only a letter in the mail telling you so, lamer villagers move in messing up your paths/plants in the process, public works don't get built, and weeds pop up. Keeping beautiful town ordinance on only seems to save the flowers. When I get my 3ds back I'm betting we'll be on |OT6|, and I look forward to being able to sit down with the town and relax. I don't think I would have had half the fun I did without GAF, so thank you to everyone.

hni_0041_jpgosjz1.jpg

hni_0042_jpgj8jvj.jpg

See you in the future.

Take care of yourself bud. Stay safe.

zroid

Banned
When I get my 3ds back I'm betting we'll be on |OT6|, and I look forward to being able to sit down with the town and relax. I don't think I would have had half the fun I did without GAF, so thank you to everyone.

See you in the future.

Sorry to see you go. :(

Thanks for all the brief glances into our futures! Come back to us soon!

I'm glad I got to see the year to its near-end before I had to pack my 3ds in a box for a long time.

I get my 3ds back I'm betting we'll be on |OT6|, and I look forward to being able to sit down with the town and relax. I don't think I would have had half the fun I did without GAF, so thank you to everyone.

See you in the future.

We'll welcome you back with open arms and/or gates. Either way, best of luck as you enter the service. Also please don't ever show a picture of that disgusting house centipede again.

hni_0019_jpgwqk8b.jpg

hni_0041_jpgosjz1.jpg

hni_0042_jpgj8jvj.jpg

See you in the future.

Glad it was my town you caught it in. As Niraj said, stay safe.

I was just telling my bf how lame it was for Pete to be treated as a special npc. Another thing to add to the check list of negative ACNL things. :{
My checklist consists of the following:

The simplification of the villagers and special characters. In previous games villagers were easier to aggravate and disappoint. Now they're almost never mad at you. I understand that was intentional, but it honestly removes some of the personality from the personality types. Cranky guys don't really feel all that cranky, for instance. I miss the special character "episodes" from WW, too. I miss Blathers rambling on about bugs and fish and fossils. I know the encyclopedia things in the museum are great, but they're factual and dry. I like the prose used for Blathers. And the only thing I've seen resembling the character stories in NL so far are the occasional Nook/Lyle recounting and the rehashed "talk to Sable for x days" bit, but with Labelle's addition to the store being addressed.

The simplification of the geometry. This is one thing that irks me every time it happens. In AC we had large towns with hills and valleys. In WW we're completely flat. CF brings it back. NL nixes it in favor of elevating the landmass and pushing the beach down. CF had a lot more varieties in the river set up, too. Now it's just a stream to waterfall leading into the ocean, pointing in one of two directions.

Other than that, I can't really think of much that I have a problem with in NL, aside from how limited the mayoral powers are. I'd love to see a few more ordinances, such as ones that increase the likelihood of rare items popping up (perhaps at the cost of raising prices?) and a more convenient PWP placer. I feel like I should ask Isabelle, then have the outline of the PWP brought up so that I can move it on my own. If it's not good, the outline is red. If it is good, the outline is green.

Would like to be able to hold more letters on my person and more items in my closets, but that's something I want from every AC.

Jintor

they're complaining about weeds and trash but I walk around every day the whole place and don't see crap. What are they freaking out about?

So you guys have actually been finding house centipedes? I've gotten the regular ones, but after hours of idle rock bashing while chatting with friends, I haven't seen a house centipede - and the Brady guide says September.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So you guys have actually been finding house centipedes? I've gotten the regular ones, but after hours of idle rock bashing while chatting with friends, I haven't seen a house centipede - and the Brady guide says September.

I got one tonight. Haven't seen the normal one, though I honestly haven't really looked for them either.

On another note, just missing quaint and wild in terms of paintings. Then I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers whenever Redd shows up and hope he has the statues I need :p

Promised Katt I'd post here so here I am :p

Nice to see Katt and T! first thing this morning in my town :) Thanks for the pressies!

Will get to work on my town soon and actually start to have a house that has matching furniture :p

It is done.

BQpCdD9CUAA3dAU.jpg

BQpCrVgCIAADyIf.jpg

BQpC3KjCAAET1By.jpg

BQpDCYbCUAAlioq.jpg

Quick thing, though.
Can I earn another one of these by having another 15 day streak?
Not that I intend to lose the can, but am I able to get another one?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OK. so I'm clearing out stuff from my closet that I don't see myself using in the short term and the stuff that's basically lying outside my house. If you want any of this EXCITING stuff just tell me and you can come on over and pick it up. Don't need anything in return... but if you happen to have some spare balloon dog lamps I wouldn't mind taking them off your hands. Oh and I still need to catalogue the Exotic chest and rug.

Up for grabs!

astro dresser
ball return
cabin bed
cello
chaise lounge
dharma
DJ's turntable
effects rack
fame shelf
game-show stand
glass display case
green dresser
grenn pantry
ionian post
kiddie clock
modern bed
modern sofa
modern wall clock
modern wood clock
modern wood closet
modern wood sofa
modern wood stool
pepper mill
racoon clock
ranch couch
record player
rocket
space shuttle
standing spotlight
tall display case
traffic cone
wheat field
wobbelina

And Nintendo stuff no one wants anymore!

1-Up Mushroom
bib bro's mustache
block floor
blue Pikmin
hero's pants
kart
Pikmin
S.S. Dolphin
Super Mushroom x2
Super Star x2
Toad hat x2
Triple Red Shells x2
Varia Suit pants
Varia Suit
Wii Balance Board
Yoshi's Egg

Oh and there are some random rugs, wallpapers, tops and gyroids. If anyone is interested in those I suppose I could get round to listing them.

Soulmate

Banned
I'm not sure, but I think I once read that if you have other characters you can go with them and talk to Isabelle and she will give you another gold watering can for everyone.

oh another thing I noticed while slapping rocks with my shovel trying to find this stupid centipede - I'm getting a lot of "surprised" villager conversations. Perhaps faster if more tedious than the swimming trick.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
oh another thing I noticed while slapping rocks with my shovel trying to find this stupid centipede - I'm getting a lot of "surprised" villager conversations. Perhaps faster if more tedious than the swimming trick.
I also noticed that laying down patterns seems to trigger it as well.

I'm fed up. This game's stealing my life. :(
Definitely know that feeling. xD I really want to get to stuff like New Super Luigi U and the Oracle games, but Animal Crossing still seems to have a firm grip on me, even 300+ hours in. Every time I think I might finally be able to put it aside, it just finds some other way to grab me again.

I wonder what it feels like to get SpotPass houses...

I bet it's glorious!
Eh... not really, since they've pretty much just been sets of furniture thrown into rooms, with the obvious intent of helping people to catalog stuff (but then, that's what threads like these are for anyway :D). But they really haven't been much to actually look at or anything. You're really not exactly missing out on much.

All the same though, there's really no reason NoE shouldn't be doing the same thing for you guys and it's really kind of weird that they aren't.

MicH

I have no idea why, but I had a feeling I would have Gracie today after having Pete for EVERY SINGLE DAY THIS WEEK. And I did NOT want Gracie today because I would be unable to complete her tasks as my sister is visiting me later today and throughout the weekend, so I couldn't order some clothes and complete her fashion check later.

But of course, she's visiting today. OF COURSE. Of ALL the days it had to be the day where I cannot participate. I went to see her anyway in case I had some of it already (like the complete Link and Samus outfit).

The category? Rock'n' roll. Holy shit. I've never been this lucky. I have the complete Samus outfit on hand so I passed it with flying colors. Thank fucking god :D Gracie chair for me (which is pretty damn UGLY). So that's two checks down!

Hybridwise I got a red carnation and a pink cosmos (drowning in these)

Currently trying to get my PWP because I won't be able to get it later :/ Come on animals!

Tash

I wonder what it feels like to get SpotPass houses...

I bet it's glorious!

I wonder too..

Also, Pete does not count against special NPCs visits. I had the police guy mention Pete and other npcs in town the same time (such as Sahara and Gulliver).

Does Gracie only show up after something is met? Never seen here so far but then I am behind everyone else anyway. My T&T only just closed down for the first gardencenter merger and I didn't manage to get a mannequin yet from any of the sisters, either :)

MicH

I wonder too..

Also, Pete does not count against special NPCs visits. I had the police guy mention Pete and other npcs in town the same time (such as Sahara and Gulliver).

Does Gracie only show up after something is met? Never seen here so far but then I am behind everyone else anyway. My T&T only just closed down for the first gardencenter merger and I didn't manage to get a mannequin yet from any of the sisters, either :)
She only shows up after you've spent 65k bells in TIY (the home center you're getting)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BGBW

Can I have a varia suit and that modern set please?

FC is 5327-1353-6553
Sure I'll open the gate now for you. I've left the three items by the station.

EDIT: I'll be away from my system for the meantime, but I haven't closed the gate.

Linius

Got a Red Carnation, Orange Cosmos and Orange Rose today. Not too bad for hybrids I'd say. T.I.Y. opened, have yet to check it out. And Reese is trolling me by buying perfect pears with a premium in my own town :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom