• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkham

anyone still opening up for bingo?

my numbers are 8, 25, 32, 36
i need:
coldsnap: 2
chanser: 3
niraj: 4
chanser: 5
frogstep: 18
roto13: 21
warrior_keoni: 21
warrior_keoni: 23
linius: 26
roto13: 26
wheelhoss1: 28
frogstep: 38
elija2: 44
elija2: 45
chanser: 45

who had sheldon moving out yesterday?

This is a bit off-topic, but I'm hoping the Animal Crossing community can help me. My daughter's 3DS was recently stolen, and Animal Crossing New Leaf was the game inside. A friend of hers just told her that there was an update to the friend's town from my daughter's town. Is this done via Streetpass? Does this mean the thief is in close proximity to her friend? Or is it updating via an Internet connection? Is there any way to use this information to track her 3DS down?

milkham

This is a bit off-topic, but I'm hoping the Animal Crossing community can help me. My daughter's 3DS was recently stolen, and Animal Crossing New Leaf was the game inside. A friend of hers just told her that there was an update to the friend's town from my daughter's town. Is this done via Streetpass? Does this mean the thief is in close proximity to her friend? Or is it updating via an Internet connection? Is there any way to use this information to track her 3DS down?

i think that has to be streetpass, which means they were near each other. i don't think there's any way to track it z :(

Linius

If your daughters streetpass house has updated in her friends HHA Showcase it must have happened trough streetpass. In any case your daughters friend should have seen your daughters Mii showing up in the streetpass app.

Would be an incredibely stupid thief btw. Stealing a 3DS and then carrying that 3DS with you using streetpass with the previous owners Mii in the same neighbourhood. I hope you can track him down, though it will still be hard if that friend doesn't know when or where she streetpassed your daughters 3DS.

Reminds me of that story about a guy who tracked down his Xbox by looking for it with his wireless controller. Turned out a guy two floors up in his building had stolen his Xbox :p

i think that has to be streetpass, which means they were near each other. i don't think there's any way to track it z :(
If your daughters streetpass house has updated in her friends HHA Showcase it must have happened trough streetpass. In any case your daughters friend should have seen your daughters Mii showing up in the streetpass app.

Would be an incredibely stupid thief btw. Stealing a 3DS and then carrying that 3DS with you using streetpass with the previous owners Mii in the same neighbourhood. I hope you can track him down, though it will still be hard if that friend doesn't know when or where she streetpassed your daughters 3DS.

Reminds me of that story about a guy who tracked down his Xbox by looking for it with his wireless controller. Turned out a guy two floors up in his building had stolen his Xbox :p

The craziest part about this is that my daughter's 3DS was taken from a plane. That the thief would turn out to be from the same neighborhood is mind-boggling (not impossible though; once, a seatmate on a plane turned out to live a couple of houses down from me).

Is there any way to contact her missing 3DS? Do I need to worry about them buying things? I honestly can't remember if I set up an account for her. I'm filing a police report tomorrow.

Chopper

Got myself a Snow Bunny in the post today. I guess Snowtyke's mum was ugly enough to qualify.

Pleased to be back in the bingo game today!

Oxx

I hope I'm getting close to the gold Streetpass badge.

I think I did a rough calculation that I could get it before the end of the year if I retained the same pace.

AC GAF's slowing down D= then again probs Xmas shopping and work, possibly...

Sorry, way too much games I have to play, This game, Bravely Default (well, at least my village shops are maxed out), GTAV (oh, man, would have to start over, forgot about the story, haven't played it since September) and from yesterday GT6 (but that's easy, national B licence acquired in about an hour)

Oh, well, my holiday starts from today, so we'll see how far we'll get. (Family visits and life ofcourse aside)

Still trying to do the snowman stuff every day at least...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maybe I should go back to Snowmen but the big surge of activity happens while I'm a sleep and I feel like I'm doing something for the community by collecting all the Snowboy bits for others to catalogue. But if I do the bingo stuff later there may be no more available numbers to collect.

jtkauff

Picked up New Leaf a few weeks ago, so I'm really just getting started, but I do have 3 snowmen up right now for whoever needs them: 35, 49, and 09 (all three are at town square). It's 9am here right now so the numbers should be available for a while still. I personally need 19 - that'll net me a horizontal and vertical bingo at the same time.

I just added myself to the spreadsheet, or quote for friend code & town info.

Picked up New Leaf a few weeks ago, so I'm really just getting started, but I do have 3 snowmen up right now for whoever needs them: 35, 49, and 09 (all three are at town square). It's 9am here right now so the numbers should be available for a while still. I personally need 19 - that'll net me a horizontal and vertical bingo at the same time.

I just added myself to the spreadsheet, or quote for friend code & town info.

I got 19. Come on over.

3437-3068-2332

Linius

We don't really use the spreadsheet anymore. Easiest thing to do is add your FC to your profile and refer to there when you want to visit or invite people in. And welcome to the thread of course.

Will be checking my snowdude in the next hour when I get home. Praying for 43 so I can create my own bingo and build a new right away.

EDIT

Completely forgot that my snowman was already gone today. Fishfishmonkeyhat, can I come by for 16 and 19?

jtkauff

Well, it looks like I'm unable to actually connect to other towns here at work. Getting a 018-0512 error, and given the setup that I have I don't think I'll be able to resolve it given that it's a work connection. Looks like I'll have to try and catch you later on today fishmonkey. Thanks though!

Linius

This is hopeless, I need 27, 43, 47 or 40. Any of these numbers is bingo for me :p

Oh and these fertiliser bags do their work. First try got me one blue pansy. Second try got me two blue pansies. Currently set it up with some blue roses, hopefully I can get some more this way.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Let me know when that is, because 43 is bingo :D

An hour and five minutes from now.

I've got 1, 8, 15, 50.

Snowman Bingo December 19

Niraj: 1
Warrior_Keoni: 1
Roto13: 4
Niraj: 8
fishfishmonkeyhat: 8
Niraj: 15
fishfishmonkeyhat: 16
Wheelhoss1: 18
fishfishmonkeyhat: 19
Roto13: 24
Wheelhoss1: 27
Roto13: 31
Warrior_Keoni: 31
Warrior_Keoni: 32
Narras: 33
Wheelhoss1: 35
fishfishmonkeyhat: 38
Chopper: 42
Warrior_Keoni: 43
Wheelhoss1: 47
Niraj: 50

Narras

My town's number for today is 33.

I also just got a Wii U a few days ago. Looking at the different neighbors in Animal Crossing Plaza was pretty sweet. :D

An hour and five minutes from now.

I've got 1, 8, 15, 50.

Snowman Bingo December 19

Niraj: 1
Warrior_Keoni: 1
Roto13: 4
Niraj: 8
fishfishmonkeyhat: 8
Niraj: 15
fishfishmonkeyhat: 16
fishfishmonkeyhat: 19
Roto13: 24