• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Anyone recall which tours would give me access to coconuts? Lemons?

I would imagine most of the diving tours, maybe shark battle for coconuts. Lemons you could likely find in any other one with trees (so no item matching or the hammer ones), just at random. You could also buy a Club Tortimer pass on the island and travel to other islands to get the fruits you're missing, but that would also be at random.

Niraj

Aha. Club Tortimer? I just acquired a membership last night, but have yet to use it.

Basically every time you go to a multiplayer island it's a new one. Nothing you do there will affect your island in any way. It's also nice sometimes if you want to hunt bugs during the day, since you can just choose international islands until you get one at the right time. There are some annoyances, like people who will beg you for money and items (and sometimes they'll disconnect), but you can also meet some nice people there so it evens out.

Does anyone ever have that urge to restart their town because the placement of their house and some of the geographic features bug them from time to time or is that just me?

MicH

Does anyone here have all the DLC available? I boned it to fill out my catalog :p I believe these are what I need:

Most of the Zodiac furniture set (not the New Years ones)
Hagoita
Kimbap Plate
Ttetok Plate
Blue Argyle Tank
Red Horned Hat
School Cap
White School Cap

Also, if someone has the following event items I would love to catalog these well:

Harvest Mirror
Resetti Model
Cool Globe
Green Pumpkin Head

I only need to catalog them and I have a lot of stuff I can put out to be catalogged as well, including the zodiac set and weeding set

Basically every time you go to a multiplayer island it's a new one. Nothing you do there will affect your island in any way. It's also nice sometimes if you want to hunt bugs during the day, since you can just choose international islands until you get one at the right time. There are some annoyances, like people who will beg you for money and items (and sometimes they'll disconnect), but you can also meet some nice people there so it evens out.

But you can go with friends and reserve the island for yourselves I hope?

Pattrikx

Neo Member
Does anyone ever have that urge to restart their town because the placement of their house and some of the geographic features bug them from time to time or is that just me?

I'm right there with you, but I'm in too deep now! It does motivate me to beautify my town though, and make the most of it.

Niraj

But you can go with friends and reserve the island for yourselves I hope?

If you go with friends, it'd be the island of the person's town you're in. If you're on a Club Tortimer island and want to stay alone, you can start a tour and you just don't sit down. Nobody else can join until you cancel the tour.

Also, harvest stuff is orderable if I remember right, so worst case I could order it for you MicH.

Does anyone here have all the DLC available? I boned it to fill out my catalog :p I believe these are what I need:

Most of the Zodiac furniture set (not the New Years ones)
Hagoita
Kimbap Plate
Ttetok Plate
Blue Argyle Tank
Red Horned Hat
School Cap
White School Cap

I've got these if you want to catalog, but Hagoita/Kimbap Plate/Ttetok Plate/Blue Argyle Tank are not re-orderable.

MicH

Also, harvest stuff is orderable if I remember right, so worst case I could order it for you MicH.
Yeah, they were sold in the Nooklings store. I just managed to completely miss it and not notice. If it's not too much trouble I would be really happy if you could order it for me :D

I've got these if you want to catalog, but Hagoita/Kimbap Plate/Ttetok Plate/Blue Argyle Tank are not re-orderable.
That would be amazing! Thank you! I just want them to fill in the catalog :D Let me know when you're available, I can pick up the egg click too when I visit if that's okay :D

Niraj

Yeah, they were sold in the Nooklings store. I just managed to completely miss it and not notice. If it's not too much trouble I would be really happy if you could order it for me :D

That would be amazing! Thank you! I just want them to fill in the catalog :D Let me know when you're available, I can pick up the egg click too when I visit if that's okay :D

Ordered, I can either get it to you in a couple hours or tomorrow, whatever works for you.

Ok gotta dig them out, look for open gates in around 5 minutes.
EDIT: egg clock you can keep, I have two.

Niraj

Thanks! It's 10 PM here, but I'll probably be up for another 2 or 3 hours

Awesome! I just added you. My FC is in my profile. Thank you so much :D

It'll be here in two hours, so if you're still up, post again and let me know. I'll keep my 3DS on hand.

Linius

I should have all the different pumpkin heads Mich. Let me check if my 3DS can communicate with the wifi here. I'm on holiday.

EDIT

I have it Mich. Let me know if you wanna come over. I'll see if it works.

MicH

I should have all the different pumpkin heads Mich. Let me check if my 3DS can communicate with the wifi here. I'm on holiday.

EDIT

I have it Mich. Let me know if you wanna come over. I'll see if it works.
That would be awesome! Thanks so much man!

Linius

I see you online in my friends list. So we should be good. Can you turn on the best buddies console to see if we can chat there?

EDIT: oh lol, no biggie haha

Linius

Hmm, I'm not seeing it. I don't think I deleted you, but let me check real quick

EDIT I had :( I feel awful

EDIT2 I keep getting a connection error when I try to enter :/ Oh well, thanks for trying man :D

Wasn't meant to be, blame Spain :p

Well if no one can supply the cataloging for you in the next two weeks you know where to find me.

Azuran

Banned
When there's rumors that a villager is planning on moving, does that mean they're going to be boxing up and leave soon, or can they still ping me so I can prevent them from leaving?

I really don't want to lose Flora :/

Chopper

When there's rumors that a villager is planning on moving, does that mean they're going to be boxing up and leave soon, or can they still ping me and tell them not to leave?

I really don't want to lose Flora :/
Talk to her, dig holes around her and then go swimming for five minutes. Go find her again, and she'll ping you, telling you she wants to move.

Or save and quit and restart until she's outside her house and she'll ping you.

Azuran

Banned
Talk to her, dig holes around her and then go swimming for five minutes. Go find her again, and she'll ping you, telling you she wants to move.

Or save and quit and restart until she's outside her house and she'll ping you.

Thanks a lot, I got her to change her mind. Took me a couple of tries since Clyde got in the way during the first try. :)

Edit: This game always bring a smile to my face. I love that this is what she said after I talked to her again.

apRv3iz.jpg

jzOIqva.jpg

CP9Bqi8.jpg

Dem feels :')

Azuran

Banned
Woah Flora, she my most recent villager and I loved her straight away.

She's great. I love how her design is completely unique from any other villager in the game. She's part of my original 5 along with Tom, Cousteau, Clyde, and Freya. I love them all so I'll probably cry for weeks if one of them ever moves away.

Yagharek

Anyone recall which tours would give me access to coconuts? Lemons?

My wife cut down all the coconut trees on my island. None of the tours had coconuts.

This is how I fixed it.

1. Went back to town.
2. Went to the island in wifi mode/multi
3. The online island has coconuts - put them in the box.
4. Go home but dont touch the box
5. Go back to the island this time in solo mode
6. Open the box - get coconuts.

Niraj

She's great. I love how her design is completely unique from any other villager in the game. She's part of my original 5 along with Tom, Cousteau, Clyde, and Freya. I love them all so I'll probably cry for weeks if one of them ever moves away.

I like the animals that are part of a certain species but are clearly a completely different animal, like how Flora is a flamingo, or a lot of the deer villagers are things like gazelles and antelopes. I've got Drago the crocodile who is clearly a dragon, and Tammi the monkey, who seems more like a kind of lemur based on the tail. Just something cool about those villagers :)

Hey Mich... let me know what you're still missing. I think some people hooked you up while I was busy but not sure with what.

I gave him a harvest mirror.

MicH

Hey Mich... let me know what you're still missing. I think some people hooked you up while I was busy but not sure with what.
These are what I still need:

Resetti Model
Cool Globe
Green Pumpkin Head

Also, if anyone has the jungle wall and museum model I would to catalog those as well. I've given up on ever completing the bug part of my museum :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Pretty sure I even have a spare green pumpkin head. If no one has one I'll make an effort to find the post I made to mark when I stopped playing so I can time travel back and continue my progress and give it to you.

EDIT: 1st of June apparently and I was behind even then. That's a lot of time to catchup on.

MicH

Pretty sure I even have a spare green pumpkin head. If no one has one I'll make an effort to find the post I made to mark when I stopped playing so I can time travel back and continue my progress and give it to you.

EDIT: 1st of June apparently and I was behind even then. That's a lot of time to catchup on.
Haha, don't worry about it, but thanks for the offer! My town is currently on the 1st of May, so I'm also really, really behind :p

So the Japanese players must've hit 500 days by now, right?
Has anybody seen the big tree?
Is it good??
I know I could just google it, but I don't think I actually wanna see it.....

I sometimes regret not hanging on to all my OG's.
I had Lobo, Nibbles, Annalise, Zell and Dizzy.
Only Lobo remains. He's staying with me. Forever.
All the rest were tough to let go, I'd agreed to let Nibbles go twice before changing my mind both times.
Second time I u-turned I got Stitches in my campsite a few days later and now didn't have space for him :(

I like the animals that are part of a certain species but are clearly a completely different animal, like how Flora is a flamingo, or a lot of the deer villagers are things like gazelles and antelopes. I've got Drago the crocodile who is clearly a dragon, and Tammi the monkey, who seems more like a kind of lemur based on the tail. Just something cool about those villagers :)

Yeah those animals are amazing, I've had a few of them. As well as Flora I have Savannah who's a horse, but she's actually a zebra.
Tucker also is an elephant but he's brown and has tusks like a mammoth.
Really cool.

Artworks needed if anyone can help out:

Dynamic Painting
Solemn Painting
Robust Statue
Mystic Statue x2

These are ones for trading:

warm painting x4
wistful painting x3
fine painting x2
moody painting x3
nice painting
scenic painting x2
graceful painting
perfect painting
serene painting x2
scary painting x2
worthy painting
moving painting
proper painting
common painting
motherly statue x3

Just helping out other people now because the job of a museum collector is never over lol.

Linius

You can pick up the Leo sculpture starting today. Looks nice.

Are the previous zodiac signs orderable? Cause I missed those.

Zing

Banned
I've bought three art so far and all fake. Apparently the museum upgrade relies on donating at least one art. Maybe someday…

How did you guys even acquire so much art? I've only seen Red four times in about two months of play.

He usually appears once a week....ish in my town.

Been over a week since I've seen him this time though.

I almost never get art from my villagers, the past many times have been fake as well even one mega troll giving me one of the last 2 I needed at the time and it was fake lol. -_- I was like omg.

I've got so many because that pile is the combination of 3 different people's spares who have been playing since launch. :p

Niraj

You can pick up the Leo sculpture starting today. Looks nice.

Are the previous zodiac signs orderable? Cause I missed those.

They are. I can order them for you at some point if you want. Would rather wait til your internet is stable though :p

I've bought three art so far and all fake. Apparently the museum upgrade relies on donating at least one art. Maybe someday…

How did you guys even acquire so much art? I've only seen Red four times in about two months of play.

Cranky, smug, and uchi villagers can sell you paintings (check the art trick in the OP). Lionel hooked me up with probably 75%+ alone (and a bunch of dupes I gave away, good times). The rest were gifts/trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom