• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

I'm trying to do a theme challenge to get the gold exterior, and I picked fairy tale because I already had all the mermaid stuff for the exterior of the house. For the inside, do I just need sets with a fairy tale theme, or do I need unrelated items with the theme as well?

Zing

Banned
Supposedly, fruit trees and regular trees look different, but I can't see it. All this time, I assumed saplings grew into your native fruit tree. After not seeing any fruit for a while, I decided to look into this and discovered I was mistaken. Time to chop!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm trying to do a theme challenge to get the gold exterior, and I picked fairy tale because I already had all the mermaid stuff for the exterior of the house. For the inside, do I just need sets with a fairy tale theme, or do I need unrelated items with the theme as well?

Any items from the theme will get you points. You get bonus points for having a bed, chair, table, dresser, and wardrobe, and more if they're from the same furniture series. Try to put items on tables if they will fit there, otherwise you get docked points. Same deal if you make things inaccessible, like having a closet or TV face the wall. And definitely remove anything that isn't Fairy Tale themed since that also counts against you.

Zing

Banned
I'm trying to find an 8-bit Mario pattern QR code. I found a SMB3 and Mario RPG one, but just looking for the original Mario. Anyone find one?

MicH

Mich! Man... your town is nuts. How long did it take you to get all your villagers on the west side of your town? Looks great though!
Thank you! I spent a lot of time trying to group them all together. Some took less than an hour to find a good house placement for, others took more than four hours! Some of them aren't perfectly aligned which annoys me to no end, but overall I'm really pleased :) Now I need to work on my house

Unexpectedly, I got the gold visitor badge. I thought I wasn't close. For the host badge I'm at 363, so still a long way to go.

Anyway, how rare is the petaltail dragonfly? Need to catch that and the damn scorpion. I've been seeing more tarantulas lately, I actually caught a second one.

Zing

Banned
Do the visits/visitors need to be unique for the badges? I am visiting or being visited many times a day since my whole family has the game.

Niraj

Unexpectedly, I got the gold visitor badge. I thought I wasn't close. For the host badge I'm at 363, so still a long way to go.

Anyway, how rare is the petaltail dragonfly? Need to catch that and the damn scorpion. I've been seeing more tarantulas lately, I actually caught a second one.

Nice job. I had a visitor milestone I was hoping to reach someday, but it doesn't seem like I'm going to make it. Still time though, so who knows :p Not especially bad as far as I remember, but it just depends. They tend to be near the water or cliffs from my experience.

Do the visits/visitors need to be unique for the badges? I am visiting or being visited many times a day since my whole family has the game.

No, they don't. That'd be a pain in the ass to have to visit 500 unique towns/have 500 unique visitors.

Chopper

Oh, and Chopper...
zlCfzSQJBL4GoWShNL

I found more than ten. O.O Also some peaches and a pitfall.
Oh wow. Buckland! What a lovely surprise.

Yeah, there are a load of gold roses around the plaza. 16, maybe, I think. But there are ten elsewhere, hidden. And I kept my pitfall in the top-right corner of the map, and some perfect peaches behind my house. So I guess you found everything! Good job!

Nice job. I had a visitor milestone I was hoping to reach someday, but it doesn't seem like I'm going to make it.

No, they don't. That'd be a pain in the ass to have to visit 500 unique towns/have 500 unique visitors.

Speaking of which I might just leave my gates open tomorrow and beg for visitors to come in and out all day while i am at work.

Frogstep

Got two golden badges today! One for sending mail to my froggies and the other for completing requests. It's really odd that it took me that long to get both of those. I remember sending so much mail and doing so many requests!

I think I'll work on the fishing, diving and bug catching ones next. I'm still too far from anything else. D:

Zing

Banned
I won the lovely phone, miniature car, and love tester. I was expecting the prizes to be more rare, but I won all those out of just five tickets.

On my main character, they were really rare. I got 90% dud tickets. On my alt, the luck was better, and managed to get the miniature car, Ten Billion Barrel and Ultra Hand out of 20ish cookies (lots of repeats)

Velcro Fly

Second black lily today! Just need one more black cosmos and the black flower farm can begin. I wanted a ton of black roses in front of my house when I started this hybrid growing thing and it's grown to be so much more. Only need a few more hybrids and I will have them all. It's been a fun month or two being up at 6am to see what flowers have grown in my town.

Heropon

After a lot of time without an useful internet connection I can finally share how Velma's expulsion from my village went. The day after she moved out someone visited my campsite and for my surprise it was Ankha. I obviously had to invite her for my town and she had the decency of building her house a couple of squares north of where Velma was living so the layout of my village didn't change too much. Ankha is pretty nice and she already talks as if she had lived in Alcamoth for all her life Velma was also nice but I couldn't stand her ugly face.

Monty gave me two pictures of him and Aurora has given me hers too. I like them a lot but I'm going to tell them to move out when they ask me because I want to befriend more animals and get more pictures.
I want Tangy...

Niraj

After a lot of time without an useful internet connection I can finally share how Velma's expulsion from my village went. The day after she moved out someone visited my campsite and for my surprise it was Ankha. I obviously had to invite her for my town and she had the decency of building her house a couple of squares north of where Velma was living so the layout of my village didn't change too much. Ankha is pretty nice and she already talks as if she had lived in Alcamoth for all her life Velma was also nice but I couldn't stand her ugly face.

Monty gave me two pictures of him and Aurora has given me hers too. I like them a lot but I'm going to tell them to move out when they ask me because I want to befriend more animals and get more pictures.
I want Tangy...

Ankha is great, glad you got a good replacement :)

Anyone available for signatures?

Some of them might still be sleeping. Just a FYI...

Oh, and I've discovered Bob is leaving today. :/ I missed any and all warnings that he might have gave that he'd be taking off. :( I guess if anyone wants him, let me know. I'd like to see him go to a nice home.

Niraj

Some of them might still be sleeping. Just a FYI...

Oh, and I've discovered Bob is leaving today. :/ I missed any and all warnings that he might have gave that he'd be taking off. :( I guess if anyone wants him, let me know. I'd like to see him go to a nice home.

Thankfully enough woke up while I was there :p thanks again

Heropon

Ankha is great, glad you got a good replacement :)

Thanks. The campsite is a great addition to this game thanks to the ability to control who gets into the village. The first villager I got that way was Static the squirrel so I'm pretty happy with it. No more Velmas!

Too bad I can't get him. He's one of the villagers I had in Wild World, so he's in my group of legendary villagers with Tangy, Goldie and Patches.

Too bad I can't get him. He's one of the villagers I had in Wild World, so he's in my group of legendary villagers with Tangy, Goldie and Patches.
Yeah, I'm actually sad to let him go. Had I caught he was moving, I wouldn't have let him. Now though, I think the only two left I really want to keep in town is Papi and Moe. New blood is nice.

He's still available, by the way. If anyone wants a Bob.

Still smh on Nintendo's decision to not let you stop the villagers from moving when they are packing their boxes. At least let you the ability to stop them, if you are persistent =/ hopefully they'll implement it in their next game.

BOB?!

EDIT: BOB GET
Doh! Sorry about not saying a proper good-bye there! Glad you got Bob!!

Also... that's nuts. If you are still in the house when the person leaves, the villager is no longer there. Just empty with boxes. Never did that before.

6ZzK41c.jpg

Took a moment to drown in my Bob sorrows. I know Zigg will make sure he's taken care of though.

zigg

No worries, thank you again 😊

Also... that's nuts. If you are still in the house when the person leaves, the villager is no longer there. Just empty with boxes. Never did that before.
Wow 😮

P.S. Gates are open for all friends for a bit while I do daily maintenance. I think I still have some perfect peaches if my kids didn't strip all the trees yesterday 😄

6ZzK41c.jpg

Took a moment to drown in my Bob sorrows. I know Zigg will make sure he's taken care of though.
Awwwwww 😢

Elija2

6ZzK41c.jpg

Bob left without his stuff because he didn't feel like carrying them. Classic lazy Bob.

Niraj

Pretty rough.

Zing

Banned
I have some Asian rabbit in my campsite. I didn't invite her to move in because I already have two rabbits (Mira, Bunnie).

Checked the poster, the camper is "Genji".

MicH

6ZzK41c.jpg

Aw man that's sad :( I hope you get a good replacement!

I almost lost Bob and Marshal as well. If I hadn't made a new character to check they would both have been gone!

Niraj

Nice lol.

Anyone need a wild painting? Or a moving painting? Just got those from a villager.

NotSelf

Hi everyone i'm currently deciding which DS system to buy but I i'm unsure which to get I only want to play new leaf.

Question do you guys play in 3d or 2d?

Thanks for any help and recommendations:)

Hi everyone i'm currently deciding which DS system to buy but I i'm unsure which to get I only want to play new leaf.

I primarily play the game in 3D, works well. If you could choose between a 3DS or 2DS I will say go for a 3DS, unless money is a concern, and you could always turn off the 3D entirely in the game setting. And the screens etc will probably be more protected with the clamshell design than what the 2DS has going. But I've heard 2DS may be comfortable than the OG 3DS if that's the one you're getting.

Is there any other factors into which one you are buying that we should also know?

Elija2

I mostly play in 2D. If you're only interested in getting New Leaf then I'd recommend you just go with the cheaper option and get a 2DS.

I tend to play in 2D mainly for AC, but I turn up 3D for my other games on the system. If you don't plan on playing other games aside from using the system casually, 2D might be better for you.

NotSelf

I primarily play the game in 3D, works well. If you could choose between a 3DS or 2DS I will say go for a 3DS, unless money is a concern, and you could always turn off the 3D entirely in the game setting. And the screens etc will probably be more protected with the clamshell design than what the 2DS has going. But I've heard 2DS may be comfortable than the OG 3DS if that's the one you're getting.

Is there any other factors into which one you are buying that we should also know?

I mostly play in 2D. If you're only interested in getting New Leaf then I'd recommend you just go with the cheaper option and get a 2DS.

I tend to play in 2D mainly for AC, but I turn up 3D for my other games on the system. If you don't plan on playing other games aside from using the system casually, 2D might be better for you.

Thanks guys appreciate the help!

Yep I think 2d console is probably best for me I don't plan on playing other games on it and I don't play on the go. I already have a 400 steam backlog so i'm already pushing it with this purchase what can I say I love the AC series:)

If you're around later, let me know. I'm going to be heading out in about 30-40 min but will stay open until I leave. If not, no worries.

Hey sorry I was in, and will be in again, a meeting. I'll message you when I am available to see if you are too. Thanks!

Zing

Banned
Thanks guys appreciate the help!

Yep I think 2d console is probably best for me I don't plan on playing other games on it and I don't play on the go. I already have a 400 steam backlog so i'm already pushing it with this purchase what can I say I love the AC series:)
Current retail prices make the 2DS seem like a questionable purchase. I recently went out seeking 2DS for my daughter and my girlfriend. The current sale prices of the 2DS here are $99 (Amazon and walmart frequently have this price). However, I discovered that I could buy a regular 3DS for anywhere from $79-99 sale price. At worst, assuming you don't find a deep discounted price, you can pick up a regular 3DS for $129, which is the retail price of the 2DS. As a bonus, there are still the earlier packages of the 3DS available in stores that contain the charging dock.

I feel there is no question of which to get. The 3DS is more portable (both in size and ability to protect with clamshell), has the 3D option, and has immensely superior speakers. Animal crossing in particular benefits greatly from streetpass, as you can order the fancy furniture you find in others' homes. It is also a game that you will find you often want to take with you, for a particular event or just routine maintenance on your town.

I personally play with full 3D on. It looks great in this game and, at least gives the impression that, it allows me to see "hidden" objects better (insects and such).

My daughter used the 2DS for a week after a month of having her 3DS. She plays with 3D off all the time. I expected to be selling the 3DS, but after a week, she wanted to change back. Girlfriend lasted a day on her 2DS before replacing it with a 3DS. She also plays with 3D off.

I'm pretty 50/50 - really depends on how my eyes are feeling. However, the time I bust out 3D "all the time" is when I'm bug hunting. Easier to get a feel on where I'm swinging.

On a completely unrelated point... if anyone has nips, this is how I'm looking so far.

Data: 55, 51, 43, 150
Pattern(s) detected: Large Spike, Small Spike
Best Guess Sell Time: Wednesday evening or Thursday morning

I'll keep you guys updated if anyone cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom