• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSelf

Current retail prices make the 2DS seem like a questionable purchase. I recently went out seeking 2DS for my daughter and my girlfriend. The current sale prices of the 2DS here are $99 (Amazon and walmart frequently have this price). However, I discovered that I could buy a regular 3DS for anywhere from $79-99 sale price. At worst, assuming you don't find a deep discounted price, you can pick up a regular 3DS for $129, which is the retail price of the 2DS. As a bonus, there are still the earlier packages of the 3DS available in stores that contain the charging dock.

I feel there is no question of which to get. The 3DS is more portable (both in size and ability to protect with clamshell), has the 3D option, and has immensely superior speakers. Animal crossing in particular benefits greatly from streetpass, as you can order the fancy furniture you find in others' homes. It is also a game that you will find you often want to take with you, for a particular event or just routine maintenance on your town.

I personally play with full 3D on. It looks great in this game and, at least gives the impression that, it allows me to see "hidden" objects better (insects and such).

My daughter used the 2DS for a week after a month of having her 3DS. She plays with 3D off all the time. I expected to be selling the 3DS, but after a week, she wanted to change back. Girlfriend lasted a day on her 2DS before replacing it with a 3DS. She also plays with 3D off.

I'm pretty 50/50 - really depends on how my eyes are feeling. However, the time I bust out 3D "all the time" is when I'm bug hunting. Easier to get a feel on where I'm swinging.

On a completely unrelated point... if anyone has nips, this is how I'm looking so far.

Data: 55, 51, 43, 150
Pattern(s) detected: Large Spike, Small Spike
Best Guess Sell Time: Wednesday evening or Thursday morning

I'll keep you guys updated if anyone cares.

Thanks.

I still haven't bought it but if I manage to find a 3d for cheap I will definitely pick one up.

Velcro Fly

I think I've finally got all the Gulliver stuff. I forgot so long to check for him but now he's starting to repeat. I had Germany a couple weeks ago and it's Germany again today.

Would love to get all that stuff together in a room or two. I bet it would be cool to see.

Welp.

zlCfzSRAIpQmF8PJmZ

Ironically the 3 resident houses are fully expanded but empty.

Disclaimer: This is a dream town (7200-4355-6612). Not mine.

Marvie_3

Banned
I......think I may be done with New Leaf. :(

I barely remember to check on my town every day and even when I do, I play less than 3 minutes. I think I finally hit the point where I have nothing left to do in the game. :/

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

I barely remember to check on my town every day and even when I do, I play less than 3 minutes. I think I finally hit the point where I have nothing left to do in the game. :/

End of an era :(

I'm getting back into New Leaf myself. I got the game the very end of 2013 and played into pretty consistently for 2 months and then slowly lost interest. For whatever reason, the past 2 weeks have seen me play more more consistently and for more hours a day than I ever did.

Anyone is welcome to add me. My friend code is in my profile.

Niraj

I'm getting back into New Leaf myself. I got the game the very end of 2013 and played into pretty consistently for 2 months and then slowly lost interest. For whatever reason, the past 2 weeks have seen me play more more consistently and for more hours a day than I ever did.

Welcome back to the fold :)

Neutral painting at Redd's if anybody wants it.

MicH

Just got home from a three day vacation to Berlin (which was excellent) and I'm itching to play this game some more!

Don't forget us, shmoopy!

So Midge is moving in. I'm meh about Midge but at least her house isn't in an obnoxious spot. I was surprised to discoiver that I had needed three paintings in my museum, not two. So I still need whatever is next to the left of the Amazing painting in the second room. :/ Too lazy to look it up at the moment. *chuckles*

Niraj

You know I do. Redd hasn't stopped by this week yet for me.

Edit:
Also it looks like Hazel is moving in tomorrow. It looks like I'll finally have an Uchi villager.

Ok, let me know when you're around and I'll open up for you. I'll be around for the next 3 hours.

MicH

Don't forget us, shmoopy!

So Midge is moving in. I'm meh about Midge but at least her house isn't in an obnoxious spot. I was surprised to discoiver that I had needed three paintings in my museum, not two. So I still need whatever is next to the left of the Amazing painting in the second room. :/ Too lazy to look it up at the moment. *chuckles*
If you're interested I'm still cycling villagers on and off on my TT cart. Are you looking for a specific villager?

This offer applies for everyone else in this thread as well :)

Zing

Banned

I had the same situation. I'm playing more than ever. I'll add you. My FC is also in my profile.

I have a few people from here added, but it is just for trades, etc. I'd like to actually play regularly with someone of roughly equal experience level. It isn't as fun when the other person literally has everything they want. I enjoy keeping an eye out for particular furniture or clothes, sharing the retail bonus of the day, visiting fortune tellers, etc.

Me, my girlfriend, and our daughters all play. We frequently have at least one "faraway" gate open and would welcome others to take island trips or just visit and shop.

Niraj

I have 8 minutes before my meeting. Lets do this!
I'll be free later in the afternoon.

Guess I should've refreshed :p my bad, have a contractor here so I was talking to him. I'm going to be leaving at around 3 central, and won't be back until...maybe 10 central? If you're free before then, let me know, I'll definitely keep a closer eye.

1. Niraj - Posts: 965
  2. bluepolicebox - Posts: 854
  3. Chopper - Posts: 767
  4. Elija2 - Posts: 758
  5. Linius - Posts: 700
  6. milkham - Posts: 646
  7. BGBW - Posts: 606
  8. eudaemonic - Posts: 600
  9. Collete - Posts: 462
  10. Koomaster - Posts: 451
  11. MicH - Posts: 450
  12. Roto13 - Posts: 385
  13. 789shadow - Posts: 350
  14. kamikazekoala - Posts: 313
  15. Samurai_Heart - Posts: 296
Quite a number are no longer regularly here =(

Niraj

Those numbers are a bit off. Mobile?

Niraj 1,772
Frogstep 965
bluepolicebox 854
Chopper 767
Elija2 758
Linius 700
milkham 646
BGBW 606
eudaemonic 600
Collete 462
Koomaster 451
MicH 450
Roto13 385
Wolfe 366
789shadow 350

Those numbers are a bit off. Mobile?

Niraj 1,772
Frogstep 965
bluepolicebox 854
Chopper 767
Elija2 758
Linius 700
milkham 646
BGBW 606
eudaemonic 600
Collete 462
Koomaster 451
MicH 450
Roto13 385
Wolfe 366
789shadow 350
Huh weird, yeah mobile...hmmm Damnit mobile GAF you've left me down XD was already annoyed you couldn't look at members past post on it >=(

Edit: D= My God it wiped off Frogstep as well =(

Niraj

Niraj knew those mobile numbers were wrong because there's no way he made less than 1000 posts. :p

lol nah, I knew Frogstep was missing. It's kind of weird because it has his post count and my name. Maybe there's an issue with displaying a member's name if they have over 1000? Wolfe's name and post count being removed is weird too. Wonder if there are always discrepancies.

Niraj

=S checked it again still you on top but you've still usurped Frogstep's post count XD

I checked a few more threads and I think I've confirmed my suspicion. If a person has 1000+ posts in a thread, when you check top posters on mobile the top person's name will display next to the 2nd person's post count, and the 2nd poster just disappears entirely lol.

Do some of those members even play anymore? I haven't seen quite a few of them so I've taken the liberty of removing people in order to prep up for Fantasy Life buddy lists.

Think they do but like Marvie_3 slowly you just don't have much to do, I need to clean my 3DS list think I've probably not friend with some anymore; annoying as hell 3DS doesn't just delete them off or inform you. I'll probably add everyone regularly on here that I may not already have.

My list was filled up before ACNL released and most of the people who were most excited on the hype thread just fell off the AC rail =/

Edit: Also need to figure out how I'm making a friendlist for Fantay Life, cause after a while like ACNL the list just gets too big etc that is not too useful. Think I may copy ACNL spreadsheet though, don't think as much people will play Fantasy Life like ACNL.

Think they do but like Marvie_3 slowly you just don't have much to do, I need to clean my 3DS list think I've probably not friend with some anymore; annoying as hell 3DS doesn't just delete them off or inform you. I'll probably add everyone regularly on here that I may not already have.

My list was filled up before ACNL released and most of the people who were most excited on the hype thread just fell off the AC rail =/

Yeah I know what you mean. I think it'll become even crazier towards the fall when Fantasy Life moves into the picture.

Haha fall will be crazy for me and guessing most of us lol, with Smash, Fantasy Life, Europe finally getting SMT4, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy and probably Pokémon ORAS. For you guys replace SMT4 with Layton vs Wright XD. And then not forgetting console/PC releases XD

Definitely hoping for some overlap between the online games =P

But man I miss Swapnote/Letter Box, made it the easiest way to tell who unfriended you on the 3DS =/

MicH

Haha fall will be crazy for me and guessing most of us lol, with Smash, Fantasy Life, Europe finally getting SMT4, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy and probably Pokémon ORAS. For you guys replace SMT4 with Layton vs Wright XD. And then not forgetting console/PC releases XD

Definitely hoping for some overlap between the online games =P

But man I miss Swapnote/Letter Box, made it the easiest way to tell who unfriended you on the 3DS =/
My wallet can't handle this. Nor can my life :( Looking forward to Fantasy Life, but Pokemon will once again swipe me away with ORAS. Argh!

Frogstep

Niraj continues to reign supreme! :p

Boy, Lily sure has been sick for a long time. I've never seem a villager be sick for this long. Those Nooklings are cutting corners with their medicine or something.

Couple of pictures for trading of other villager pics:

Katie
Groucho x2
Whitney
Kitt
Prince
Zipper
Sylvia
Gala

Statues and Paintings for trading of various villager pictures:

Ancient statue
Beautiful statue