• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggychan

Animal Crossing soundtrack is £1.99 on their Nintendo UK store:
10871177-1384440808-988590.jpg

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/cd/animal-crossing-gwp/10871177.html
Think I'm gonna get it, maybe, any European/American folks want me to get an extra copy and mail it to you? Dependent on shipping though. Will be your Xmas gift =P
Tracklist

just purchased it !

Although I have a feeling I already have it ... japanese release CD...

Chopper

Aw, I missed Roto!

Happy holidays everybody! How're you all getting on building your snowmen?! I can't believe that ordeal was a year ago!

Awww yeah! It's Mich!

No snow here yet, Chopper. I'm curious how that will go in my town this year... I can't remember if snowballs kill flowers or not. :/

Anka told me today she wanted a lamp for Toy Day. I was like... holy shit - I forgot you needed to talk to them about that. So just a heads up, newer peeps. Make a list!

Edit: Oh shit, son! Tomorrow I will have a shop full of Koo's fashionable Christmas sweaters! HYPE!

Collete

Aww yeah! Only one more horse left, I got Colton the other day and forgot to tell you guys :eek:
...But Tumblr is now disabled from 3DS image share so I can't show you the awesomeness of him =_=

Frogstep

Aww yeah! Only one more horse left, I got Colton the other day and forgot to tell you guys :eek:
...But Tumblr is now disabled from 3DS image share so I can't show you the awesomeness of him =_=

You're doing it!

I think at some point I'm going to have to let one of my frogs go cause I really wanna get Jeremiah. He's just so elusive...

Frogstep

Man, this time was like the busiest I've ever seen AC Gaf get last year. I've decided to help out those that'll be new to the Bingo thing and get some numbers going in my town. This is also a great time to get your visitor and host count up for those badges. :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So, what are snowflakes for? I did like 2 days of snowmen last year. WTF am I doing lol

There are four snowpeople you can build (one per day) once the snow is down for good (the 11th if I remember correctly): a snowman, snowmam, snowboy, and snowtyke. Each are determined by the size of the snowballs you make, and each provide you with different prizes.

The snowman effectively requires you to travel to other towns to complete a bingo sheet, and you'll get an item each time you get a bingo. He'll provide you a new number each day he's there, however, and you can build multiples. Here's what you can get (aside from that paper).

The snowmam requires you to catch snowflakes with your net to trade in for pieces of the ice series. Depending on how well she's built proportionally speaking, you'll either have to trade 3 per item or 5.

The snowboy will give you pieces of the snowman series. If you make him perfectly you get a piece, otherwise you get nothing.

The snowtyke will give you a prize when you build it after the other three are present as well. Depending on how your snowpeople are built, you'll get a different prize. If all four are perfectly proportioned, you get a snowman matryoshka, if three are you get a snow bunny, if two are you get a small igloo, and if they all are, you get a sleigh.

Dak'kon

Looks like there'll be loads of new stuff to do this season, sounds fun :) Not seen any snow yet though :(

Also my Animal Crossing CD is on its way! I have all the games but don't have any other AC stuff.

I bought turnips again so will be checking prices.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys!

Me and Lucian Cat started playing this thing again, and as soon as we wanted to play together, we got Error Code 018-0512.

I already opened up my router ports (or at least I think I did, router is giving me some problems there) and set up the whole DWZ settings as well, but to no avail

I also tried to use my mobile phone's mobile hotspot setting to try a different network, but still we're getting the same error code when trying.

She doesn't really have access to the family router it seems, but she's saying she did play with others before.

Are there any ideas we can try? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Unicorn

If someone opens his town for the other players, he needs to be in game right? Or you can open your town and the turn off the 3ds?

Yeah, you have to be there. I don't recall if you can just close it and go in standby without disconnecting or not.

In the DS you could, and your player would sleep standing up for the other players in your town.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
If someone opens his town for the other players, he needs to be in game right? Or you can open your town and the turn off the 3ds?

Your 3DS has to be on, yes.

Yeah, you have to be there. I don't recall if you can just close it and go in standby without disconnecting or not.

In the DS you could, and your player would sleep standing up for the other players in your town.

You can open up your gates and close your 3DS without anything happening. There have been many times where I've opened up, only to forget to close my gates and have them stay open all day with my 3DS in my pocket lol

I think once the fossil exhibit is complete the player can then be certified in identifying fossils and just be able to dig up identified fossils from that point on.

Nah. If you want the bells, dig them up every day and check them with Blathers (Reese pays more for identified fossils vs. unidentified). If you don't need the bells, bury them all behind a building and blissfully forget about them.

Hey guys you know what I'd really like for Toy Day?

A Flowery painting!

*Shyness emotion*

The big tree looks so sad with no leaves on it, I'm glad the rest all don't go bare.

Oh yeah!
I did this the other day when I couldn't sleep:

1_zpseba7e4e3.jpg

2_zps322adcef.jpg

3_zps900fc643.jpg

4_zps908fa858.jpg

5_zpsacae6301.jpg

6_zpscf1b251d.jpg

7_zpse9a294cf.jpg

8_zpsabb3f294.jpg

Are there any ideas we can try? Any help would be highly appreciated.
It's hard to troubleshoot if she doesn't have access. Even a simple unplug of the router, rest, and restart on her end could fix it. Maybe she can ask her family to do that for her?
I got all the fossils for the museum ages ago. Any point in digging up fossils anymore?
You can collect complete sets again and have Re-Tail make a miniature model for you. I've seen people with their whole museum mimicked in their homes.
Hey guys you know what I'd really like for Toy Day?

A Flowery painting!

*Shyness emotion*
I have Redd in my town today. He'll be open in a bit. I'll keep an eye out if he has it or not. I love the alien broadcast too, by the way. Never stayed up late enough to watch it but I watched a youtube video of it. :)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
It's hard to troubleshoot if she doesn't have access. Even a simple unplug of the router, rest, and restart on her end could fix it. Maybe she can ask her family to do that for her?

I asked, she said she _can_ change stuff, but she has no idea what and how and where and all. And I'm not good at explaining those things it seems :(

I asked, she said she _can_ change stuff, but she has no idea what and how and where and all. And I'm not good at explaining those things it seems :(

Apparently this is a pretty common error code that's been plaguing western players since day one :( I assume you've already looked it up since you've messed with DMZ but this seems to be the most comprehensive list of troubleshooting steps. (People also seemed to work on the issue with MK7.) Did you and your friend try disabling any active firewalls (temporarily) or using Google DNS? Can you visit or host other friends or is the issue just with each other? It might be helpful to figure out which connection is having the issue before you try too many different things.

If all else fails, calling Nintendo to see if they can walk you or your friend through the problem might be an option. (Assuming you have telephone support where you are.)

Guys can you tell me which sets are those?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72677361&postcount=15264

The first one in particular

The first technically isn't a set/series. They're various spotlight items like the large space console console, small space console, space console, and hologram. There's a blue customized astro chair, server, and aurora screen as well. Maybe one piece from the lab/mad scientist set.

Second one is the astro series customized red with another console and hologram.

Third is a customized robo set.

Fourth is regular astro beds.

If you look through the MoriDB link Linius posted, you can find those things. All of them are orderable if there's stuff you're missing. We can help you with that.

Edit: Okay, the space stuff is large space sonsole, small space console, space console, hologram machine, crew's monitor, space captain's seat, spherical radar, and wall-mounted monitor.

Linius

Thanks for the offer but don't worry, I'm not interested in the hat xD It's the furniture that caught my eye

Ooooh

The first screenshot is most of the space stuff. Large Space Console, Small Space Console, a server in the background, Space console and other stuff of that set. All spotlight items.

And the other screens are customised version of astro and robo furniture.

EDIT: What BPB said :p

And yes, I'm sure I have all of the furniture in those screens in my catalogue so it can be ordered.

The first technically isn't a set/series. They're various spotlight items like the large space console console, small space console, space console, and hologram. There's a blue customized astro chair, server, and aurora screen as well. Maybe one piece from the lab/mad scientist set.

Second one is the astro series customized red with another console and hologram.

Third is a customized robo set.

Fourth is regular astro beds.

If you look through the MoriDB link Linius posted, you can find those things. All of them are orderable if there's stuff you're missing. We can help you with that.

Edit: Okay, the space stuff is large space sonsole, small space console, space console, hologram machine, crew's monitor, space captain's seat, spherical radar, and wall-mounted monitor.

Ooooh

The first screenshot is most of the space stuff. Large Space Console, Small Space Console, a server in the background, Space console and other stuff of that set. All spotlight items.

And the other screens are customised version of astro and robo furniture.

And yes, I'm sure I have all of the furniture in those screens in my catalogue so it can be ordered.

thank you all guys, you're really nice. I just started the game and tomorrow my house will be ready, so I'm really at the beginning of the game and I want to explore it a little and try to buy the things by myself, but if in the future I'll need help I'll let you know! Thanks again for the help

Linius

Oh, yeah I see. It wouldn't be fun to have a complete set in your house from day two :p

Might be good to know that spotlight items only appear once you have the T.I.Y. shop upgrade. So that will take you a while.

lol :( AC-GAF Knowing Too Much About In-Game Furniture circa 2013.

thank you all guys, you're really nice. I just started the game and tomorrow my house will be ready, so I'm really at the beginning of the game and I want to explore it a little and try to buy the things by myself, but if in the future I'll need help I'll let you know! Thanks again for the help

No problem :) You'll be able to find Spotlight items in your shop a bit later on when it's been upgraded a couple times. Have fun collecting and exploring.

Unicorn

Nah. If you want the bells, dig them up every day and check them with Blathers (Reese pays more for identified fossils vs. unidentified). If you don't need the bells, bury them all behind a building and blissfully forget about them.

OOPS, I meant the player "should" as in in a future game cut out the middleman for completion.

Unicorn

Okay. booted my game up, but some fucker plopped a plot right in the middle of my carnation garden. Is it too late to turn it off and deal with Resetti?

Wasn't expecting someone to move in - there's even someone in the campsite lol

Flip the monkey (yet another jock). You're making me flip my shit, Flip. Get the Flip outta my town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom