• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

Speaking of island stuff, does anyone have the full mermaid furniture set that I could catalog? I can let you catalog the cabana set in return (although I don't have the flooring/wallpaper).

Wolfe

It's only 150 :p I don't think I have enough, but I can purposely lose to you in some tours if you really want to go for it (so you get the bonus medals)

I only have 40 medals atm, haven't done any island tours in ages. I was on my way out the door to the gym anyway so it's no big deal :)

Speaking of island stuff, does anyone have the full mermaid furniture set that I could catalog? I can let you catalog the cabana set in return (although I don't have the flooring/wallpaper).

I'd like to get in on this as well if you find anyone willing, I don't want the set at all but wouldn't mind adding it to my catalog at least.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you end up needing it, happy to order one for you.

It's tough to miss the size discrepancy. The big one is much bigger. And we can help you out if you like.
Thanks for the offers. I need to plan a room first so I'll let you know when the time comes.

I don't know if it is just the way the Japanese see Christmas Trees but I noticed that the Christmas Tree in StreetPass Garden also has a brick based pot like the one in New Leaf.

Westraid

So after wasting about 10 Cedar Saplings, I finally learn that they don't grow on the southern part of your town.
At first I thought they died because I had too many trees, so I chopped about 25 of them, losing my perfect town status only to see them die again. -_-

If anyone has any Cedar Saplings they could miss, I'm paying 15k bells for each.

Linius

Hey Linius, you around buddy?

It was 12:45am for me when you posted this, so I was sleeping :p

Hey Linius did you still need that mush hanger? I still have it sitting in front of my station but figured you prolly picked one up elsewhere by now.

I can't even remember that you put it aside for me, I got it trough Kami I think so I'm good. Thanks for keeping it for me anyways!

I know for a fact that Kami has the complete set. But he's playing a lot of Zelda lately I think so you can best PM him if you want to get in touch I guess :p

Koomaster

Oh geez. Well that sucks. At least I'll be playing this game forever so I'll get it eventually, right? :D?
Yep, just keep playing and he'll show up with it eventually.

As I have said before since the badge is a 'town representative' badge, I truly believe time spent playing in other towns or on the island doesn't count toward getting it. So you always end up closer to 600 hours till he shows up with it. That's the only explanation I have as to why nobody gets it right at the 500 hour mark.

Linius

Yep, just keep playing and he'll show up with it eventually.

As I have said before since the badge is a 'town representative' badge, I truly believe time spent playing in other towns or on the island doesn't count toward getting it. So you always end up closer to 600 hours till he shows up with it. That's the only explanation I have as to why nobody gets it right at the 500 hour mark.

And time spent with alts.

Mecca

I thought I had the complete Santa Suit until I found Santa boots in Kicks. I didn't know it came with shoes. Now I'm ready for Xmas!

I ran into Chadder's evil twin yesterday...

fzyw8vo8ysgz.jpg

Punchy picked an awesome spot to move in. :/

tfv0ijq55bq0.jpg

Edit: I just realized one way to know when someone is going to move into your town is to look at who is visiting on main street. Cookie moved out in August and then started randomly showing up on main street last week. Suddenly yesterday, she was gone and Limburg started showing up. The next day Punchy claimed a spot to move in. So I guess the former villager on main street will change the day before someone moves in?

Marvie_3

Banned
Daisy is moving in to my town as my Pashmina replacement. :D

So after wasting about 10 Cedar Saplings, I finally learn that they don't grow on the southern part of your town.
At first I thought they died because I had too many trees, so I chopped about 25 of them, losing my perfect town status only to see them die again. -_-

If anyone has any Cedar Saplings they could miss, I'm paying 15k bells for each.

I hate that they don't grow in the southern part. I want all cedar trees in my town. :(

milkham

i got six cedar saplings you can have

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I've ordered a bunch of random items from my catalogue. Going to see how well they work together.

By the time I have a nice room for Christmas the holiday will already be over ha ha.

Koomaster

I'll try to pop by later and see what I can dig up. ;)
Yeah sure, I will leave the gate open if anyone wants to pop by. I still have the patterns everywhere so that should narrow things down. I don't think I missed any areas though so there isn't really a spot to search. :p

The only spot I didn't check is the beach areas and I don't think fossils can ever end up there in this game.

I honestly just don't think it's there or has ended up on a cliff forever out of reach like neighbors sometimes do.
tumblr_mqa995Ea8g1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Edit: FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will post pics of this soon.

Koomaster

Score! Where was it?
It was right here...
tumblr_mxg6j3M6xh1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

What? You don't see it?

tumblr_mxg6klsctZ1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

This is the most visible it ever was when you are away from it. You pretty much had to be looking right at it in this spot to even see it.

tumblr_mxg6m3YW2P1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

*breathes sigh of relief*

Planting another flower behind that one so no fossils ever end up there again.
I also want to point out that this is near Moe's house just like the one found yesterday.
I'm watching you Moe...

MicH

Real life rant time

Just got home from work. I work at a gas station while I'm studying. Don't if you might remember me taking about a storm a couple of days ago. Well, I live in a town with a little harbor and my work place is near the harbor which has been flooded the past two days because of the storm. This resulted in a power outage yesterday evening thus leaving my work place without power.

You can probably guess what happens next when the power returned today all dairy products, I've cream and EVERYTHING that needs a low temperature had to be thrown out. So much stuff into the trash. Such a mess. What a terrible day.

Thank god I can relax with some AC now

Just curious doing my first town development project of building a bridge, I noticed that neighbors donate but is there a way to make them donate more to the project?

Edit: FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will post pics of this soon.

Man, I must have chopped down more than a dozen trees (with the bee stings to prove it). Glad you found it though. Some of these fossils are just ridiculous.

Would love to.

Left it in front of my station with the gates open if you're free to drop by. If not, we can try another time. I might be afk.

You can probably guess what happens next when the power returned today all dairy products, I've cream and EVERYTHING that needs a low temperature had to be thrown out. So much stuff into the trash. Such a mess. What a terrible day.

Thank god I can relax with some AC now

We lose power a lot in the winter here so I know how frustrating it is. But it's good that you're safe. Food, at least, can be replaced. :)

Koomaster

Man, I must have chopped down more than a dozen trees (with the bee stings to prove it). Glad you found it though. Some of these fossils are just ridiculous.
God, I swear I walked past that same point like 10 times D:
Same; I have scoured my town over and over and gone past that same spot so many times. Even laying down all those patterns I didn't see it immediately. Happened to be walking past that again after I opened my gates and thought; 'Oh missed a spot, can a pattern even go there, better lay one down.' I stood on top of it even and was trying to lay down a pattern. Figured, nope, too close to the river, and was walking away when I spotted the very tip of the X spot. Man, the dirt blended it in, and it was obscured by both the flower and the leaves of the tree.

Anyway, thanks for everyone who visited my dream town and came over to help me look for this fossil! :)

Real life rant time
D: Sounds so horrible, I am sorry. Hopefully things clear up there.

no, you're pretty much on your own for everything.

Thanks bud.

Another question, I know there's a QR code for a Celtic football jersey but does anyone know if theres any other football teams that people have done, google searches have yielded nothing. Particularly looking for Chelsea FC :)

Koomaster

Thanks bud.

Another question, I know there's a QR code for a Celtic football jersey but does anyone know if theres any other football teams that people have done, google searches have yielded nothing. Particularly looking for Chelsea FC :)
If you post a pic of the jersey you want, I can give it a shot in making one for you.
Also let me know if prefer short or long sleeves for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom