• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

Working on my winter standee...

tumblr_mxefaofrPT1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Grouchy Snowman. :p
tumblr_mxeozb79UW1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Came along alright. Will probably fiddle with it a little more later or if I get any other ideas for it.

Sober

Reposting because it was at the bottom of last page:

Anyone selling Turnips at a decent price? I'm never usually up early enough on Sundays to buy them but I did and now I need to get rid of them soon.

FC: 4441-9399-3746

Never really went online with ACNL, I just need a FC to connect?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Reposting because it was at the bottom of last page:

In terms of getting online, yeah. You just have to add a person and have them add you back. Then you can visit via the train station once they open their town (or invite people in yourself).

In relation to turnips, looks like you might want to give eudaemonic a PM. That turnip thread isn't too active anymore I guess, but still seems like people post somewhat regularly.

zigg

Anyone want balloons? I have lots of balloons.

(Not the furniture.)

Also an overabundance of some of the less-rare hybrids.

Frogstep

I think once I get a good decent amount of bells in my savings I might try and get into the turnip game.

I just hope that there's still people around with good turnip prices by the time that happens. :X

milkham

I think once I get a good decent amount of bells in my savings I might try and get into the turnip game.

how are you going to do that without already being in the turnip game?!

anyone have any art for trade? I have a scenic painting and am looking for
Wistful Painting
Warm Painting
Animal Sculpture
Beautiful Sculpture
Great Sculpture
Gallant Sculpture
Robust Sculpture

zigg

Okay, I have almost a complete hybrid collection here, but I'm missing carnations—pink and white.

Anyone have any they wouldn't mind donating to my obsession?

Niraj

Okay, I have almost a complete hybrid collection here, but I'm missing carnations—pink and white.

I can give you a pair of whites if you want.

Niraj

That works too… can you make pinks from red + white?

Yup. That's how I got the few pinks I have. If Chopper is giving you one pink, I don't mind giving you one as well so you have a pair.

Chopper

That'd be pretty awesome! I'm going to bust out the fertilizer and concentrate on carnations next, so if you'd like it returned to you later I'd be happy to do so.
I don't need it back man. Do what you like with it. I'll open my gate...

zigg

Yup. That's how I got the few pinks I have. If Chopper is giving you one, I don't mind giving you one as well.
I'm happy to grow them myself; I just can't with only reds in my inventory at the moment. 😊

EDIT: On my way to Chopperville. Or Nirajville first. Will be over shortly C.

Animekatt

Hey, thanks, guys. :) And great idea, Katt. Lots of cool toys in the game. Plus little customizable garden gnomes.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Does anyone have one so I could cat it? :D

Also I'm on the look out for the Proper painting. It's my final art piece.

That's like the Noah's Ark for flowers. :O

Niraj

I just heard a different song in the Emporium. Is it just a different nighttime song I never noticed, or is there a totally different song right before closing (I was just in there before it closed). It was way better than the normal one.

zigg

Looking good. I know you're happy about the beautiful town ordinance. :p
Haha, yes. I had the presence of mind to switch it on back when Rune Factory 4 was imminent.

BTW, Flora's Ark is now complete, thanks to Niraj and Chopper 😊 I think I will try to grow some of my own from those samples now…

I just heard a different song in the Emporium. Is it just a different nighttime song I never noticed, or is there a totally different song right before closing (I was just in there before it closed). It was way better than the normal one.
Hmm, it seems like there is a closing song, or else I'm remembering badly myself.

Zero_IYAD

I only played AC Wild World before NL & I noticed this in both games.
In the last 10 minutes before closing time they play a different night-time/sleepy-like music.
It's much much better music imo : )

Niraj

Hmm, it seems like there is a closing song, or else I'm remembering badly myself.

I only played AC Wild World before NL & I noticed this in both games.
In the last 10 minutes before closing time they play a different night-time/sleepy-like music.
It's much much better music imo : )

That's pretty neat, I don't think I had ever been there that late. And agreed, it's much better.

Wolfe

Guessing it's too late in the day to hit up an EU player for the event, totally forgot about this while I was at work and could have stopped by :p

Hey Linius did you still need that mush hanger? I still have it sitting in front of my station but figured you prolly picked one up elsewhere by now.

Niraj

Perhaps a bit late, but I just noted that I have the treasure chest at my island, if anybody is interested.

Wolfe

It's 4:30 in the morning in London, Wolfe.

I know I know, I just figure there's always the chance someone has a clock that's not on the dot or something lol.

Won't know till you ask!

Speaking of which if anyone happens to have a spare stocking (from the event) and are willing to part with it let me know! If not no biggie :)

Perhaps a bit late, but I just noted that I have the treasure chest at my island, if anybody is interested.

If you happen to have the spare medals and would be willing to spot me then sure lol, otherwise I'm too broke.

I know I know, I just figure there's always the chance someone has a clock that's not on the dot or something lol.

Won't know till you ask!

Speaking of which if anyone happens to have a spare stocking (from the event) and are willing to part with it let me know! If not no biggie :)

These events usually end at midnight. :) Good luck though.

There are two. The blue one that sits on a table is sold at Nooks. The red one that hangs comically high on the wall is from the event and can't be ordered.

Frogstep

Haha what the shit. I didn't know that stocking was so high up on the wall. Good thing it comes with a present already in it.

Niraj

If you happen to have the spare medals and would be willing to spot me then sure lol, otherwise I'm too broke.

It's only 150 :p I don't think I have enough, but I can purposely lose to you in some tours if you really want to go for it (so you get the bonus medals)

Frogstep

What's the easiest tour to go on that gives the most medals? I've been picking the maze one with the fruits and I lose that one so many times. I think I'm just terrible at some of these.

I do like the balloon popping one though. I find that one to be the most enjoyable, even with it being plagued with so many pitfall traps. :p

Niraj

What's the easiest tour to go on that gives the most medals? I've been picking the maze one with the fruits and I lose that one so many times. I think I'm just terrible at some of these.

I do like the balloon popping one though. I find that one to be the most enjoyable, even with it being plagued with so many pitfall traps. :p

Probably the elite scavenger hunt, elite hammer, and elite ore-hunter. Those don't take a long amount of time and you get a decent amount of medals as well. Giant dragonfly gets you a lot of medals, but it takes too long imo.

Koomaster

I have had great success with the Giant Dragonfly solo, I can usually get the gold medal. Otherwise I would go for the Ore Hunter one, super easy to farm and get gold, hard to lose.

For no reason, he's an upclose shot of my character running up the stairs...
tumblr_mxf7834NU01swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Frogstep

Probably the elite scavenger hunt, elite hammer, and elite ore-hunter. Those don't take a long amount of time and you get a decent amount of medals as well. Giant dragonfly gets you a lot of medals, but it takes too long imo.

Thanks for the tip! The only thing I've gotten from the island is the wet suit (shameful, I know) so I kinda want to right that wrong. I'll prob start doing some Island stuff this weekend then. :)

Niraj

The Scavenger Hunt is good because you can end it early. Get a gold medal in like a minute.

Yeah, once you recognize everything, it's super simple.

Thanks for the tip! The only thing I've gotten from the island is the wet suit (shameful, I know) so I kinda want to right that wrong. I'll prob start doing some Island stuff this weekend then. :)

No problem. It's more fun with more people, so maybe grab somebody from here, or a stranger from the island to play with you ;) you can also get more medals that way in some of the games.

Finished my Santa suit and got my 500 hour badge today. (Along with Postmaster.)

The speech Phineas gives you with that badge is hilarious.

Niraj

Speaking of badges, I've noticed that I'm at over 500 hours now and haven't gotten my gold badge yet. What is this! D:

I got mine closer to 600, for what it's worth. I think others had the same issue as well.

Marvie_3

Banned

Elite scav hunt is the one I think works the best.

Haha! Thanks for the balloon, Zigg and thanks everyone who stopped by. :p I zoned out playing WoW this afternoon and didn't remember till a few minutes ago that I left it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom