• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Dr. Buni

"I can't come over to your house for another twenty, I gotta help paint Maple's bedroom."

Bullshit, you're gonna spend that time walking in circles around your house.

"I'm gonna eat spicy food with X."

-actually just walks around the same general area for about an hour
Obviously, the real reason the Villagers say stuff and never actually do is because they aren't programmed to do various different things, but my headcanon is that the villagers in Animal Crossing are either mentally unstable and/or have extremely short attention spams.

A cool feature for the next AC (for Wii U?). Something so simple, but it would be so good: first-person view.

You wouldn't be able to play in that view. But similar to Mario 64, you hit a button and you get a cool first-person, free-look view of your town, villagers, etc. Especially with those high-def graphicssss

Crap, I'm getting too hyped that they're going to announce AC U at E3 ...gotta pump the brakes.

Dr. Buni

A cool feature for the next AC (for Wii U?). Something so simple, but it would be so good: first-person view.

You wouldn't be able to play in that view. But similar to Mario 64, you hit a button and you get a cool first-person, free-look view of your town, villagers, etc. Especially with those high-def graphicssss

Crap, I'm getting too hyped that they're going to announce AC U at E3 ...gotta pump the brakes.
Free camera controls would be a big deal for me. First person mode would be the icing on the cake. Although what I really want is more personality types and more diversity in the villager dialogues.

Macka

I hope that in the next AC game, villagers must alert you of their intent to move out. Either that or you'd have to really ignore them to make them want to move.

Free camera controls would be a big deal for me. First person mode would be the icing on the cake. Although what I really want is more personality types and more diversity in the villager dialogues.

Yes. I often find myself getting frustrated that I can't move the camera.

I hope that in the next AC game, villagers must alert you of their intent to move out. Either that or you'd have to really ignore them to make them want to move.

That makes sense to me. I don't like it when they just up and leave for no reason when I have taken a break.

Linius

Bought a Wii U + MK8 and the extra DLC's today. Waiting for it to install so I can finally see those AC tracks for myself
4TfeeGW.png

Grexeno

Just had a super weird glitch: I talked to one of my villagers, but nothing was in the text bubble and it never went away. Had to quit without saving.

Just bought a 3DS and a copy of Animal Crossing...again lol. Gave my last 3DS away to my little bro over a year ago now, but the itch to play Animal Crossing has never left me. I had a perfect town, fields of hybrids arranged perfectly lol....but I can't wait to jump back in!

How do the Fashion Checks work, anyway? Does she give you a chance into clothes that allow you to pass or what?

I'm not sure she tells you to do a theme and you wear what you have thats going with that theme, if you pass she gives you a clothing item and my friend told me furniture which i never seen.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
New Nintendo Zone DLC is the general's fan:
generals-fan.jpg
. You can order it though so I can get another if anyone needs it.

Niraj

Robust statue at Redd's if anyone needs it. Also have a worthy painting on hand if anyone needs that.

Megatron

I'm not sure she tells you to do a theme and you wear what you have thats going with that theme, if you pass she gives you a clothing item and my friend told me furniture which i never seen.

She gives princess furniture. I got a piece today. I was 100% covered in the theme. Maybe you need to be as much as possible dressed in the theme she gives?

Had Katrina visit again, but apparently still not enough for her PWP. Geez.

It took almost a year for me to get her four times.

I also still don't have the fortune teller after 12 months of play time.

What can you get from Katrina?

Opal the snooty elephant is moving today. Does anyone want to adopt her?

I would have taken her. I just had Margie leave. I just had some weird Bear move in. Bearald, but. Have room for one more. Too bad I missed it.

She gives princess furniture. I got a piece today. I was 100% covered in the theme. Maybe you need to be as much as possible dressed in the theme she gives?

What can you get from Katrina?

I would have taken her. I just had Margie leave. I just had some weird Bear move in. Bearald, but. Have room for one more. Too bad I missed it.

Yeah I guess you got to perfect the theme, They have the King tut mask for sale xD

Niraj

You get a random piece of furniture she normally sells in her store for wearing a lot of items fitting the theme. If you just barely pass the theme she'll give you a piece of her clothing.

Linius

I just returned a lost item to the right owner. I picked it up near Mira and wanted to talk to her but she was busy fishing and she wouldn't talk to me, even after waiting some time she was still fishing. So I ran around town and talked to about everyone else only to end up at Mira again because it was her damn book
JzKGOjM.png

bengraven

WOW. Staying up from 11 - 12 at night on the island is lucrative. 112,000 bells for just one bag full of fish. Thank you two sharks, two saw sharks, 2 hammerheads, 1 whale shark and various emperor butterflies and such.

Niraj

So is Niraj doing the OT for the new Animal Crossing house decorator game ;P? Whenever that's out XD
I vote for him lol, ACGAF's MVP =D

I don't even know if I'll play that :x I don't mind helping out though of course. How you been man? Long time no see.

WOW. Staying up from 11 - 12 at night on the island is lucrative. 112,000 bells for just one bag full of fish. Thank you two sharks, two saw sharks, 2 hammerheads, 1 whale shark and various emperor butterflies and such.

Easier than that is to do the bug trick. You cut down all of the trees in the middle (or leave one or two if you'd like to also go for giant and rainbow stags) and cut all on the beach down except for 2-3 on each side near the top. That reduces the amount of trees that the bugs can spawn on, so you can just run down the beach and back to get them to appear. If you skip goliath beetles, you'll be getting at least 8k per bug (goliaths are 6k a piece). Make sure to scare away the hermit crabs and wharf roaches as they appear so as to make the tree bugs spawn.

I don't even know if I'll play that :x I don't mind helping out though of course. How you been man? Long time no see.
The destruction of Figure GAF has made me a vagabond lol, even BGBW was perma banned until it was overturned to 1 month. Other than that I've been fine =), catching up on backlog etc, getting hyped for Splatoon. Are you getting it man? Would love to play it with you, actually had a lot of fun on the demo, especially when playing shooters online isn't my thing/I don't tend to find fun =D

And yeah hopefully that AC game is better fleshed out but doubt it XD

Niraj

The destruction of Figure GAF has made me a vagabond lol, even BGBW was perma banned until it was overturned to 1 month. Other than that I've been fine =), catching up on backlog etc, getting hyped for Splatoon. Are you getting it man? Would love to play it with you, actually had a lot of fun on the demo, especially when playing shooters online isn't my thing/I don't tend to find fun =D

And yeah hopefully that AC game is better fleshed out but doubt it XD

Whoa, really? What happened? :/ And yeah I'm going to get it, I'm the same way as you. We'll have to try to actually play this one together :p

Whoa, really? What happened? :/ And yeah I'm going to get it, I'm the same way as you. We'll have to try to actually play this one together :p
TL;DR version was that basically they already gave a warning before, (I wasn't around for that lol, and spent less time on GAF and its thread cause we had a Line group lol). Mods closed it upon someone posting a link to a NSFW image and banned one member permanently, 2 temporarily then closed the thread. BGBW did a silent protest via his avatar, got perma, mods discussed and it was changed to a month.

And lol sorry I haven't played anything with you X'D I really do wanna lol, but kind of dropped of Smash for a while cause of my friend complaining too much. And don't think you'll play Monster Hunter lol, I will definitely play Splatoon with you and Xenoblade Chronicles X but gonna want to find an easier way to find you other than posting on GAF lol. You got a Twitter/Skype you can PM me? Or you can join Line ;D

Also just noticed you got a tag lol, what did you post =P?

Linius

Damn, figure Gaf is hardcore lol. You lot share the same faith as Footy Gaf. Our three month ban is soon over. Though it's not very likely Footy Gaf will return in it's full glory given we found a new home.

That being said, I'm getting Splatoon too. We should get a party some time once it's out. Got it for 40 euros with the Inkling Amiibo, that was too good of a price not to do it.

Niraj

TL;DR version was that basically they already gave a warning before, (I wasn't around for that lol, and spent less time on GAF and its thread cause we had a Line group lol). Mods closed it upon someone posting a link to a NSFW image and banned one member permanently, 2 temporarily then closed the thread. BGBW did a silent protest via his avatar, got perma, mods discussed and it was changed to a month.

And lol sorry I haven't played anything with you X'D I really do wanna lol, but kind of dropped of Smash for a while cause of my friend complaining too much. And don't think you'll play Monster Hunter lol, I will definitely play Splatoon with you and Xenoblade Chronicles X but gonna want to find an easier way to find you other than posting on GAF lol. You got a Twitter/Skype you can PM me? Or you can join Line ;D

Also just noticed you got a tag lol, what did you post =P?

Damn, I see. Glad he didn't get permanently banned. Yeah I'll PM you my Skype info. It's a quote from the TV show Justified, I posted a lot in the show's threads and linked articles and stuff when Cornballer was busy. It's pretty sweet, not going to lie. Much better than something that's embarrassing.

Damn, figure Gaf is hardcore lol. You lot share the same faith as Footy Gaf. Our three month ban is soon over. Though it's not very likely Footy Gaf will return in it's full glory given we found a new home.

That being said, I'm getting Splatoon too. We should get a party some time once it's out. Got it for 40 euros with the Inkling Amiibo, that was too good of a price not to do it.

That's basically what the NBA group did as well when they got shut down. And sounds good, we should all play sometime. I wish it was budget priced here, I think you guys have it at the same price as Captain Toad and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, right? Still buying it anyway, but :p

Linius

Yeah, just the game without amiibo can be bought from around 37 euros. Compared to around 50 for Smash and MK8.

And yeah, I know about NBA Gaf. That's our new home, basketball and football live in harmony now :p

Yeah it'll probably be the same for us (the former glory part) but I think we're more or less outright not allowed to return =(, and yes we should get a Splatoon party going on. Would say we'll try doing it on the 2nd test fire test but there's no way to play together on the demo XD
Damn, I see. Glad he didn't get permanently banned. Yeah I'll PM you my Skype info. It's a quote from the TV show Justified, I posted a lot in the show's threads and linked articles and stuff when Cornballer was busy. It's pretty sweet, not going to lie. Much better than something that's embarrassing.

That's basically what the NBA group did as well when they got shut down. And sounds good, we should all play sometime. I wish it was budget priced here, I think you guys have it at the same price as Captain Toad and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, right? Still buying it anyway, but :p
Added you on Skype now =) and it's weird Europe get it budget priced but you guys get charged more. Most Figure GAFers have migrated to a new forum as well lol, one got outright told to get lost by a mod, sigh, =/

Chopper

Holy shit. I'm so pleased he wasn't perm'd.

Top Bottom