• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

bengraven

3DS died.

Got it dirt cheap from a pawn shop ($30 "AS IS") because the top hinge was broken. I noticed the camera didn't work, but I didn't realize it was because the camera cord had snapped inthe hinge. Well, I learned this when the system dropped (do not put it on a box fan for a couple seconds while you're reaching into your sock drawer - vibrations are a bitch) and the top screen popped out of the final hinge, snapping all the cords. No top screen. :(

And I had fucking thousands of turnips to sell. That are all waste now.

Thankfully I found one that slipped by people on ebay and could replace for a low price - and the new one works like it's brand new. Up and running and now transferring data.

My turnips are waste, though. But thankfully I had the island box loaded with sharks and other top dollar fish, I'm not hurt. >:)

Easier than that is to do the bug trick. You cut down all of the trees in the middle (or leave one or two if you'd like to also go for giant and rainbow stags) and cut all on the beach down except for 2-3 on each side near the top. That reduces the amount of trees that the bugs can spawn on, so you can just run down the beach and back to get them to appear. If you skip goliath beetles, you'll be getting at least 8k per bug (goliaths are 6k a piece). Make sure to scare away the hermit crabs and wharf roaches as they appear so as to make the tree bugs spawn.

I'm totally doing this after I get done with this system transfer.

Megatron

3DS died.

Got it dirt cheap from a pawn shop ($30 "AS IS") because the top hinge was broken. I noticed the camera didn't work, but I didn't realize it was because the camera cord had snapped inthe hinge. Well, I learned this when the system dropped (do not put it on a box fan for a couple seconds while you're reaching into your sock drawer - vibrations are a bitch) and the top screen popped out of the final hinge, snapping all the cords. No top screen. :(

And I had fucking thousands of turnips to sell. That are all waste now.

Thankfully I found one that slipped by people on ebay and could replace for a low price - and the new one works like it's brand new. Up and running and now transferring data.

My turnips are waste, though. But thankfully I had the island box loaded with sharks and other top dollar fish, I'm not hurt. >:)

Why didn't you just adjust your clock to when it broke to sell your turnips?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
zlCfzTXWisURKIy_ON

Zing

Banned
I don't think thats right. How would the game know as long as the game is closed when you do it and you don't go back in time to before your last session?
I am fairly certain he is incorrect. You can adjust your time to anything after the last time you closed the game.

Niraj

Whore. :)

Oh man, that reminds me... I still need to stop by HD and pick up the new items. I love that I have the paper hat now like yours, Niraj. I've always been jelly of it.

Is it scorpion season yet? *sigh*

You know, I had an extra one all this time, and I intended to give it away here at some point. Kind of forgot. Don't recall if I did end up giving it to somebody or not.

And a couple months until your favorite time of year :p

New Nintendo Zone item for Europe is a whirlpool bath.

The home wifi item hasn't changed yet.

That's actually a pretty good one since it's a rare island item. I think it's around 70 medals or so too.

I bought a painting from Redd on Wednesday. Should I be concerned that I haven't received it yet?

Did you forget to empty your mailbox?

I can't even open my mailbox. Its not blinking but shouldnt i be able to open it anyway?

No, if the flag isn't up you can't open it. You can look in your mail slot in your own pocket at any time though.

So yea. This morning my wife checked my pocket and it was there, among other things. I must have grabbed it at some point and forgot to follow up. Then haven't received any mail since.

MicH

I think I'm gonna start up a new town on my second cartridge. I'm just done with my main town, but I don't want to delete all those accomplishments!

Elija2

Turnips are selling in my town for 518 bells if anyone wants to sell their stash. I'll only be around for 2 more hours though.

I knew I should have bought turnips this week!

Niraj

By the way, the mole cricket, loach, and oarfish will not be available after this month. Mole cricket will be back in November, loach in March, and oarfish in December.

Niraj

Any tips for the Mole Cricket, for some reason I always have trouble digging one up.

If you can get a villager near the sounds, they'll look at the ground where the mole cricket is (much like how they look at other bugs). But yeah, just digging everywhere is easiest if there's nobody around. Make sure you have your net in your inventory so you can quickly switch. Try to fill in the holes as you dig them too so you have room to maneuver.

Zing

Banned
My girlfriend is looking to sell turnips. Missed that great price last night. Anyone else have a spike?

Actually, the stalk market wizard is predicting a spike for me tomorrow. I've went from 51 to 152 to 191 in the last day. Guess we will find out!

Niraj

The new Nintendo Zone item for North America is the tokonoma:
tokonoma.jpg

It can be ordered, so if anyone needs it, let me know.

MicH

I am still trying to get Apple out of my town. I swear to god she'll never leave. Everyone else have wanted to leave except her :( I want Maple!

NotSelf

Does anyone have a slingshot for sale in there shop?

EDIT:

I'm ok found someone with a slingshot.

I am missing some fruit if anyone is willing to share I currently have peach apple coconut cherrie lychee.

Thanks!

Wolfe

I am still trying to get Apple out of my town. I swear to god she'll never leave. Everyone else have wanted to leave except her :( I want Maple!

I opened my game a few days ago after talking to a friend that just picked up the game and Wendy, the first villager I wanted to leave and took so long to get rid of... is back! T_T

MicH

I opened my game a few days ago after talking to a friend that just picked up the game and Wendy, the first villager I wanted to leave and took so long to get rid of... is back! T_T
Oh god Wendy. She haunted my town in the beginning too. She planted get house right behind mine. It was a joyous day when I was finally able to kick her out. She is now stalking me at Main Street

Any of you guys gonna be getting stuck into Splatoon?
Yes! Getting it tomorrow :)

woopWOOP

Oh nice, GAF still has a semi-active community! Started playing around with this game again after a year+ hiatus, tho I turned my ingame clock back to march 2014 stop it from turning it into a weed hellhole :p

So anyway, I'm in need of some bell moolah. Any non-cherry towns I can sell my perfect cherry stash at? I'll give you a 20% cut for going through the trouble with me :) My 3DS code's in my profile.

By the way NotSelf, if you're still looking for certain fruits I can help you out.

Zing

Banned
I'm just about to play and can open my gates. My friend code is in profile here.

I'll add you and open gates in a few minutes (10:30 EST).

NotSelf

Oh nice, GAF still has a semi-active community! Started playing around with this game again after a year+ hiatus, tho I turned my ingame clock back to march 2014 stop it from turning it into a weed hellhole :p

So anyway, I'm in need of some bell moolah. Any non-cherry towns I can sell my perfect cherry stash at? I'll give you a 20% cut for going through the trouble with me :) My 3DS code's in my profile.

By the way NotSelf, if you're still looking for certain fruits I can help you out.

Yes just added my code on my profile thank you!

Would be cute if they had a special QR code line for the Splatoon shirts. Suppose could make our own but it's more fun when it's something from them. Squid hat would be pimp too. Then you could have people running around bonking other people with their hammers.

---
In other Nagrand news... did I mention Moe left me? I miss him terribly. I did what I could to fill in his spot with flowers and bushes. He was replaced by someone's Goose. Third time I've had that chap. He's funny. Just not as awesome as Moe.

I've been popping in off and on. Mostly to make sure stuff hasn't gotten too wild and usually when I stop by Home Depot for my item.

Megatron

I just got Marshal to agree to move in. I have never had a squirrel villager before. Now if only I can get Frita and Barrold to move out!

Top Bottom