• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime story on National Public Radio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subitai

I heard it.

Once again it's a huge generation gap thing. People older than 40 just don't get it. They still think anything with animation is just for kids.

Anyway, they did point out some stuff about how Anime/Manga is influencing not just cartoons like the Power Puff Girls, but movies like the Matrix, and Kill Bill.

Still, most of it was about how anime has grown from a hobby of importers into a multibillion industry in the US, and is continueing to grow.

border

Just listened for the first time...

....I don't care for anime much at all and it still seemed like a bit of a fluff piece, and a wasted opportunity. It doesn't really help put the hobby's best foot forward when they play are some lame dubbed voice clips and incoherent cosplayers talking about a bunch of crap that makes no sense to the average viewer. When I caught the promo I thought that this was going to be a much longer story.....given 4 1/2 minutes I suppose that there's not much you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom