• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another major winter storm begins Monday across midwest and northeast. AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
650x366_02151840_nextstorm.jpg

650x366_02151726_monsnow.jpg

There will be no rest for the snow weary from the Midwest to East Coast as yet another quick moving system threatens to lay down a swath of several inches of snow from Minnesota to Massachusetts Sunday night through Tuesday.

An onslaught of winter storms has buried much of the Northeast over the past few weeks. While this upcoming storm is not expected to be a historic event, it can snarl travel, resulting in more flight delays in a winter full of them already.

A disturbance riding along the U.S./Canadian border is expected to first bring snow to Minnesota and Wisconsin Sunday night, with a wintry mix across Iowa and Illinois.

By Monday, winter weather should extend through the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley. A surge of milder air should allow precipitation to remain mainly rain south of the Ohio River.

The heaviest snow from this storm is expected to fall in Wisconsin, northern Illinois and Michigan where some locations may receive a half foot. Chicago, Ill. should be hit hard by snow on during Monday.Travel across the region Monday will be slowed by snow including I-39, I-75, I-90, and I-96.

The Northeast will feel the impacts of the storm Monday night and Tuesday. Shovels and plows will be needed again in many areas.

Flight delays are anticipated for many major hubs including Chicago, Ill., Detroit, Mich., and the three major airports around New York City.
I've had it with these monkey fightin snow in this monday-friday place. Hopefully it will result in the last snow day of the season.

Red Comet

SON OF A BITCH. I've probably spent 6 hours or more shoveling over the past 3 days and I'm fucking sick of it. Plus if classes are canceled again they'll probably make us make it up on a Saturday.

Welp. Went to buy some walkway salt at Sam's Club and they were all out, so I bought an 8 pack of kosher table salt.

Michigan has been annihilated by this shit.

Socreges

Banned
Meanwhile the West Coast (at least, BC) has been unusually dry over the last few months, apart from the last couple weeks...

I_Am_CC

This winter has been the reason everyone thought I was crazy for moving from California to Michigan.

Aw, at least in begins on the evening so I can enjoy president's day free of work and the office may close on tuesday. Win/Win, probably.

Edit: Wait, it actually begins on sunday? Week ruined "(

kick51

Banned
we're getting a few pre-inches tonight in chicago

at least it's not as cold as before. could actually take a nice long walk today

terrisus

Yay snow!

All of you people complaining - it's winter! Enjoy it!
And if you don't enjoy it, well, tough. Deal with it.

Neo Samus

I'm so tired of snow. Living in the Chicagoland area it is expected, but it has just been brutal this year. Spring can't came soon enough.

Sick. Of. SNOW.

Yay snow!

Some of us have jobs to get to, and snow seriously impedes that. Especially if you live a ways away from work, or in the country side. :/

terrisus

Sick. Of. SNOW.

Some of us have jobs to get to, and snow seriously impedes that. Especially if you live a ways away from work, or in the country side. :/

If you live in the northeast, it should be expected.

Seriously, when I was in college, I had to walk 10 minutes to the bus stop, 30 minute bus ride, and then walk another 10 minutes across campus.
And now, I get to deal with shoveling out a huge hill of a driveway.

I still love snow.

Loxley

Well shit. Look, mother nature, I don't know what Cleveland did to piss you off, but let it go. We've sufferered enough :(

I'm so glad I graduated from school in Ohio in December. Southern California is treating me so much better right now.

Bah, I graduated over a year ago and I'm still stuck here.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Aw hell fucking nawww. Send that shit to the West Coast, you god damn snow demons. My body still aches a bit from 4+ hours of shoveling snow a couple of days ago.

This is got to be the weirdest school semester I've ever had...we've had at least a week's worth of cancelled classes, if not more. Now I can't even follow my syllabuses anymore. :/

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm pleased with the notion of wintry mix for my area. It will piss off the drivers, no doubt, but it falling on all this powder will make things much more walkable.

But it must end after this.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Another major winter storm begins Monday across midwest and northeast. AGAIN.
The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

There will be no rest for the snow weary from the Midwest to East Coast as yet another quick moving system threatens to lay down a swath of several inches of snow from Minnesota to Massachusetts Sunday night through Tuesday.
140hymc.gif~original

The heaviest snow from this storm is expected to fall in Wisconsin, northern Illinois and Michigan where some locations may receive a half foot.
962.gif

I love how the map looks like a fat cock ready to be forced up someones pooper. But ya know what though, that's pretty much what it is.

FTF

No, please no more snow. This winter needs to die already. And I'm flying out to Vegas from JFK Wednesday morning...so help me god if it's snowing again that morning I'm going to lose it!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yay snow!

Do you even have a job? Well I do. It sucks having to drive through this shit. Especially when you have to be on the lookout for the crazies who think they have cars that are impervious to the laws of physics and have a fundamental misunderstanding about how the basics of friction works. Oh and I now have to get up an extra hour earlier than usual. Fucking Nice.

Screw. The. Winter.

If you live in the northeast, it should be expected.

Seriously, when I was in college, I had to walk 10 minutes to the bus stop, 30 minute bus ride, and then walk another 10 minutes across campus.
And now, I get to deal with shoveling out a huge hill of a driveway.

I still love snow.
Back when I was your age I used to walk uphill both ways to school, chest deep in snow, and I didn't complain one bit, consarnit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom