• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any DnB fans on neogaf?

Bartski

Gold Member
100%. Thanks for the thoughtful response. What you're saying is more what I meant by "process". I don't care if they use Fruity Loops when I use Ableton or whatever because those skills translate. I want to watch the decision-making process. I want to see them experiment and then train my ears to pick up on what they pick up on when they're experimenting and decide to move forward in a certain direction.

Sorry if I come off like treating this thread like a Google search, but I've been trying to take my music to the next level for a while and am stuck. And I ain't going to let lack of talent be an issue lol. I want to see what MY upper limit is. So If anyone knows of any videos where an electronic musician goes through that process, I'd very much be interested!
check https://sample-genie.com/

I think Noisia has a Patreon now where they post a lot of their real production sessions for workflow and such, doesn't get much better than that.

Best of luck!

INC

Have you ever happened to run across a music production stream/recording of any of those guys' actual processes? Where they record their DAWs and talk through what they're doing as they make a track? I'd love to see how the pros go about it.

I seem to recall you dabble in music production as well, so thought you mightve run across something like that before

Best advice I'll give you for music production, is learn basic music theory, above all other things. Then ita basically learn how to arrange a track, (listen to your favourite DnB producer, load their track up, and break down what is happening every 8 bars, the rest is time, lots of time.
Artfx is good for more experienced music production
Stanjah is great for beginners

There's shit loads to take into account, like how to mix a track, how to do synthesis and sound design, pre mastering, making tune to sound legit, isn't easy.

Malachai

I used to go regularly when I was younger, mainly to all-nighters but i'm 46 this year and a bit past it now. I actually had a ticket for a Metalheadz night last year but decided not to go due to the risk of covid and I think that's probably it for me now.
There's nothing like the atmosphere of a good dnb night though and hearing the music on a massive sound system how its meant to be heard.

INC

Just wondering if anyone who posts in this thread goes to dnb nights?
Just done 4 days of it lol
SZLUzOE.jpg

INC

I used to go regularly when I was younger, mainly to all-nighters but i'm 46 this year and a bit past it now. I actually had a ticket for a Metalheadz night last year but decided not to go due to the risk of covid and I think that's probably it for me now.
There's nothing like the atmosphere of a good dnb night though and hearing the music on a massive sound system how its meant to be heard.
Do festivals then, since youre gonna get such a mix of people, far older and younger than you, it doesn't matter the age, you do you tbh

Malachai

Do festivals then, since youre gonna get such a mix of people, far older and younger than you, it doesn't matter the age, you do you tbh
I've been wanting to do a festival for awhile now tbh. Would love to go to Sun and Bass in Sardinia just getting the mrs onboard is the problem 😄

Curious how you all got into DnB?

For me, it was playing GTA 3 in middle school and hearing the MSX radio station. I'd never heard anything like DnB before: 10-minute songs with ragga MC vocals on top and the energy NEVER LETS UP.

I must've heard that archetypal drum pattern a million times (kick. snare...kicksnare) by now and it never gets old. Stimulants in music form.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Curious how you all got into DnB?
I was on a multifloor party with all kinds of music genres. On a quiet moment at the electro stage i heard an incredible bass sound and some adrenaline fueled drums from the room next door. I looked at my friend, we both smiled and ran over to the other side. I immediately fell in love with the sound.

Malachai

Listen to NC-17 PROMO MIX (08.23.22) by NC-17 Audio on #SoundCloud

Listen to Cranium Session S2 - 05 by Amoss on #SoundCloud

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Final trailer for Billains movie is out and the movie is available now. I will watch it at the weekend. Can't wait for all the soundscapes and i hope it ties heavily into his latest album.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Edit: Wow this was taken down quite fast. Here is a beatport link if anyone ist still interested.

The whole "Optive Stories" series seems to feature some cool tracks. Origins is out, Evolution to be released soon and Legacy a bit further out.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: INC

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

I watched Fugitive on Saturday and it sure was an audio / visual feast. Incredible sounddesign with bits and pieces of Drum & Bass here and there. Quite the cryptic story even if you follow everything Adis has released or written down over the years. I expected nothing less. :messenger_grinning: I would have liked a deeper connection to his latest album but it was cool nonetheless.

And my name is featured in the credits! :messenger_sunglasses: How cool is that. I'm a part of it. Literally.

• Fire
Reactions: INC

INC

So was thinking of doing monthly neogaf mix for everyone, from tunes posted in this thread, in that month.

People be interested in that?

Thrn maybe end of year "best of" mix

Top Bottom