• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any interest in a Season 3 of 2k7?

Andokuky

Banned
Wow what a crock of shit game. For starters could my guys miss some more wide open jump shots please? Figures I finally take the lead with 0.9 seconds left and a full court pass to Nash results in a wide open jumper because Diop AND Dirk just sit there right next to him because apparently they think the game is over.

And no offense but that lame defense is cheese. All you did is play 100% off the man and roam the paint with Stoudemire or another big if Amare is on the bench, leaving someone on my team wide open every trip down. Only reason it was close is because no one wanted to hit a shot, I had to go inside for everything. I think I am out of this league, I can play crap like that in a lobby. GL guys :D

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

the servers are being gay

edit: wtf 2 people quit

explain yourselves

:lol He played me.

I was playing that defense because you kept going to the hole. Over 60% of your points were in the paint.

You were lucky as hell you even took the lead. You stole my inbounds pass and layed it up with .9 when I had been dominating the entire second half. The Nash shot was bound to happen. I'm good at last second shots, what can I say?

Andokuky

Banned
Phoenix.

I don't care that I lost, everyone will have games where nothing you shoot is going down but that defense was lame. I am not going to lie and say I play 100% on the ball defense (and I sure didn't in this game once I saw he had no intention of playing ANY) but if I am off the man it is only because the other guy is pass happy and I don't want someone else to come off their defender to guard. And I am always real close to the guy with the ball, not on some guy off the screen and roaming the paint or double teaming with the extra guy :lol

Andokuky

Banned
ChrisJames said:
:lol He played me.

I was playing that defense because you kept going to the hole. Over 60% of your points were in the paint.

You were lucky as hell you even took the lead. You stole my inbounds pass and layed it up with .9 when I had been dominating the entire second half. The Nash shot was bound to happen. I'm good at last second shots, what can I say?

You played that defense from the opening tip. Of course I am going to score inside when I am constantly passing out to Dirk or Stack or Terry wide open due to you playing 5 on 4 and they miss. If you were dominating the whole second half... how did I come back from 10 down in the 4th? I didn't know if stealing that inbounds pass was against the "rules" or not but it was the only inbounds pass I tried to steal and there were 4 seconds left in the game. The Nash shot should have never got off, two bigs were inches from him and just stood there. It's not hard to sink an uncontested shot with Nash. Oh well.

jobber

Andokuky said:
You played that defense from the opening tip. Of course I am going to score inside when I am constantly passing out to Dirk or Stack or Terry wide open due to you playing 5 on 4 and they miss. If you were dominating the whole second half... how did I come back from 10 down in the 4th? I didn't know if stealing that inbounds pass was against the "rules" or not but it was the only inbounds pass I tried to steal and there were 4 seconds left in the game. The Nash shot should have never got off, two bigs were inches from him and just stood there. It's not hard to sink an uncontested shot with Nash. Oh well.

oh come on

I beat up the Suns the whole game. The key is to play the team's style of play. For the Spurs, I turn down the tempo. It actually works in this game. I would imagine the Mavs style would be near uptempo but not all the way. You just didn't know how to handle the team.

Cloudy

Banned
o_O

We'll finish the season with the folks we have. Kems quit cos she felt we were going too slow and she joined another league. The limit is 4 and she had to drop 1 (2K7 is the only game she owns)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
**** this quitting shit is annoying. It really messes it up for everyone else. You guys really need to start putting the foot down on quitting unless its for a real valid reason

Andokuky

Banned
jobber said:
oh come on

I beat up the Suns the whole game. The key is to play the team's style of play. For the Spurs, I turn down the tempo. It actually works in this game. I would imagine the Mavs style would be near uptempo but not all the way. You just didn't know how to handle the team.

I lost by one point. I'd simply rather not be subjected to what is plain cheese. Sorry for quitting guys but some rules would be great.

Don't quit in outrage. When I struck out in MLB with at least 10 batters all I did was throw at one of your guys in annoyance. Shit..can one person actually make you want to leave?

I also don't know what's going on with my xbl. my laptop stays connected to my router, yet my xbox disconnects itself at the worst times.

jobber

Cloudy said:
o_O

We'll finish the season with the folks we have. Kems quit cos she felt we were going too slow and she joined another league. The limit is 4 and she had to drop 1 (2K7 is the only game she owns)

we are going slow

it was only 10 people and 3-4 days to play a game.

simply put

if you're going to join then you've got to play the whole season and play your games in time or get banned from playing in all GAF online leagues for a year or some crap like that unless it's a legit reason. Not because you felt like someone was playing unfair.

Personally I've played CJ a few time and he's been playing within the rules.

You've also go to realize that posting up in the pain every trip down the court and dunking or running around just to dunk is not cool. Not saying you did that but it's just fair play. If you're bricking open shots, try driving then a stop and pop or use a head fake.
I have one of the best big men in the game I just use him as a decoy and if you were around for season 2, you know I can score 45 points with JAX shooting over 50%.

This board needs a mod for stuff like this. I nominate

not me!

JuanMR2

jobber said:

I've played CJ many times in the nba and other gaf leagues and I have zero complaints. In fact I've praised his style of play on the boards before. I've played you once Andokuky and I'm not gonna call it cheap but you tried to steal the ball from my PG as I would take the ball up the court probably about 80% of the time.

I've always been afraid of being called out because of how I can use Shaq. What do you guys think? I think that as long as you play with intelligence, it's fine. I only use the hop step when needed, and if you guys are single covering me, I will give him the ball all day long. Jobber knows this! That's why you doubled!

I don't have complaints against either Ando or CJ. One complaint though is my game against Chicago; DID YOU HACK? I missed all these god damn layups!

Andokuky

Banned
jobber said:

There are no rules, that's the problem :lol Plus, he admitted above to doing exactly what I said he was doing, although he said he only started doing it because I was scoring in the paint, but I saw it from the start of the game. And even if I was scoring in the paint due to bricked shots, I wasn't forcing anything in the paint, I made sure I was using screens and pick & roll to get open. So it's ok to cheese up your defense because you can't stop someone? I won't pollute your league thread anymore now, GL the rest of the way, shouldn't be that hard to replace a 4-1 Mavs team if you want to.

I hate to say it cause you're a good guy Ando, but bluntly, but please don't be a pussy and quit because of one game. It makes things harder for everyone else.

AirBrian

Aren't the rules the same as previous seasons? SIM basketball?

So attempting to steal the ball on every inbounds pass would be cheese.
Attempting to steal/swat at the guards constantly would be cheese.
Having most of your points inside the paint would be cheese.
Shooting 50 3-pointers a game would be cheese.
Etc...

In other words, don't exploit the game's flaws.

AirBrian

pheeniks said:
I've always been afraid of being called out because of how I can use Shaq. What do you guys think? I think that as long as you play with intelligence, it's fine. I only use the hop step when needed, and if you guys are single covering me, I will give him the ball all day long. Jobber knows this! That's why you doubled!

I don't have complaints against either Ando or CJ. One complaint though is my game against Chicago; DID YOU HACK? I missed all these god damn layups!
No hacking...I think Shaq just heard the Beast's footsteps! :)

Oh, and I had no problems with your game.

Andokuky, don't quit. That would be stupid.

We can replay our game if you want. We can have it reset today and I'll show you that I can kick your ass with any defense (I'll play on man the whole time).

Believe it or not, it's actually pretty damn hard to get replacements in a league like this, so stick it out.

I'm not afraid to replay you, so if that's what you wanna do, I'm all for it. Just to show you that I'm not a cheeser and I can beat you any way necessary.

by the way, you're way overexaggerating the defense that I played. I didn't play off the ball 100% of the game and just so you know, there's no rule against playing off the ball that I know of. I played as Nash almost all the time when you were coming down the court/starting out new offensive sets. I would switch to a guy downlow becuase I knew that's where you were going. If my defense was so horrendous then you should've been able to hit some open shots with your supposedly wide open guys.

That's all the defending of myself I'm going to do. I want you to stay in the league. I'm offering to replay the game (with a more traditional defense). Just do it. Don't be a poo-say :D

I don't think there should be a "manual" D only rule. Sometimes the game isn't smooth so people can just move left to right / etc. and I can't even keep up cause of lag, so I let the computer handle the problem...I had to do that sometimes against the Bulls.

The only kind of defense I find objectional is if someone keeps doubling with one player, then switching to another defensive player to try and steal the ball from the player that was left open. Overusing that is just annoying and should be saved till the end of the game when you're down.

jobber

pheeniks said:
I don't think there should be a "manual" D only rule. Sometimes the game isn't smooth so people can just move left to right / etc. and I can't even keep up cause of lag, so I let the computer handle the problem

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE mistake. I can pump fake and cross up the CPU all day. Even if you're playing cherry picker.

BirdBomb

Banned
I'm not even in the league and i can see the league is 99% cheese. From the games i've watched, all people do is throw the ball down low and dunk it all game. I know some team had like 80% of their total points in the paint when i watched them play ando. that's not sim, or fun basketball.

BirdBomb said:
I'm not even in the league and i can see the league is 99% cheese. From the games i've watched, all people do is throw the ball down low and dunk it all game. I know some team had like 80% of their total points in the paint when i watched them play ando. that's not sim, or fun basketball.

How did you watch the games? I'm curious.

This league is not cheese. There are plenty of people I really enjoy playing these sports games against.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
pheeniks said:
How did you watch the games? I'm curious.

This league is not cheese. There are plenty of people I really enjoy playing these sports games against.

Brothers in real life I belive.

Man you guys are soft,DRAMA IS WHAT DRIVES LEAGUES!
:D

jobber

pheeniks said:
Jobber, didn't see you the rest of the night...guess you got scared of wade's midrange jumper

yep I was...got sleepy waiting for the reset. As you could tell, I was sleeping most the 2nd quarter which I is why i couldn't make a shot. I woke up at halftime and took the lead.

jobber said:
yep I was...got sleepy waiting for the reset. As you could tell, I was sleeping most the 2nd quarter which I is why i couldn't make a shot. I woke up at halftime and took the lead.

I was about to jack up another 15 footer to regain that lead

jobber

pheeniks said:
I was about to jack up another 15 footer to regain that lead

:lol I can't remember anything from the game except the fans were booing me and after a great start, I scored like 7 points in 10 minutes

jobber

you want to try 1 more time P?

Spurs have their scrubs playing tonight

9? 9:30? 10?

Cloudy said:
I couldn't play a hoops game after the Lakers debacle last night. We're getting it in tonight :p

I'm going to be studying for quite a while, so I won't have time to get the game in. You should just advance and we can get our game in tomorrow if you want.

AirBrian

jobber said:
Who's Chicago and....

when do you want me to kick your ass?
Your loses are about to double!

OK, maybe not. We can play tonight if it's early. Tomorrow doesn't work for me, but anytime Saturday does.

jobber

AirBrian said:
Your loses are about to double!

OK, maybe not. We can play tonight if it's early. Tomorrow doesn't work for me, but anytime Saturday does.

i'm home now if you want to rumble in the GRINDHOUSE

Birdman02

juan, can you play our game tonight (preferably at or before 9pm cst)? I'll be out of town all weekend, so it's either tonight or Monday night?

I'll be on xbox live a lot tonight, so you can just message me there if you're around (Birdman1702).

Top Bottom