• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any reason my Xbox would just reset in-game and go to the Live Menu?

Here I am, playing Deus Ex, one of the very few games I enjoy on this damn thing, when while the game is loading, it just goes black and flickers a bit then goes to the Live Menu screen (where it shows some little news bit about some fucking game I don't give a shit about). Also, it only did this a few times in the last week, BUT everytime I try to load it today (from the game's load sub-menu) it does the same thing. Never in my life have I had so many problems with a game system. This is just rediculous.

Actually it seems to load the file fine, but it is during the game's loading screen afterward that it resets. Before the game would just reset before it even reached the loading screen. But today it got past that and did it toward the end of the level loading bit. I've been playing it for about an hour and it started doing this (the game has a lot of autosaving and loading so it is really strange it does it now).

This is rediculous. Whenever I am in serious need of help this community, who I would expect to be experts on these matters, fails me! (ahem, recalls CPU thread in Off-Topic forum).

BuddyC

Long shot, but.

Do you have three other games? Stick 'em in the Xbox and give 'em a quick go. The Xbox keeps a cache of the last three games played in order to quicken load times on frequently played games - most notably on Ninja Gaiden.

After you play three different games, go ahead and try it again.

catfish said:
Is it modded?
Nope. Clean as whistle. Of course with all the Xbox Live updates. I really don't play it much, mostly Deus Ex, and before that Halo and a bit of MechAssault or Midtown Madness. I'll try what you mentioned. But I'm wondering when or where a similar occurance may happen in the other titles.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
BuddyChrist83 said:
If he's on Live, probably not.

*Looks at modchip switch on side of xbox*

If you don't use it much, you should mod it and make it a media centre, my xbox is pretty much a HALO and media box, and I'm so pleased with it. I'm sure it's going to be my longest lasting console for that reason.

catfish said:

If you don't use it much, you should mod it and make it a media centre, my xbox is pretty much a HALO and media box, and I'm so pleased with it. I'm sure it's going to be my longest lasting console for that reason.

I considered modding it a while ago. But never got a round to it. Really though I'm very involved in Deus Ex at this point and this glitch is really frustrating. I've been going through some Xbox titles in the past like Riddick and Ghoulies but none have really grabbed me by the balls like Deus Ex. So I'm going to try slipping in some other titles and see what happens.

BuddyC

catfish said:

I remember hearing cries about people with switches being banned from XB Live, even when they were switched off *sniff*

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
BuddyChrist83 said:
I remember hearing cries about people with switches being banned from XB Live, even when they were switched off *sniff*

bahaha. I bet every single one of them was playing a copied live aware game off their HD or just left the switch on by accident and went into their MS dashboard with auto sign in turned on.

My flatmate who wasn't in the know banned my other flatmate by accident, good times. It's pretty easy to unban yourself if you know someone with no interest in live though (edit: who owns an xbox).

Carm

Dues Ex on the xbox, is the only game that has completely shut down, as in turn off, any of my systems heh.

Top Bottom