• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any reviews/impressions for the new Logitech wireless PS2 controller?

I'm interested in buying it, wondering if there has been any reviews on it yet. Anyone here try it? Is it any good? I remember the old one getting a lot of flack, but the new one looks pretty spiffy.

Agent X

I finally tried it at a friend's house a few days ago (right after he traded his old-style "husky" PlayStation 2 for the new "diet" model). It's got an excellent feel and was incredibly responsive. I tried it with Katamari Damacy and the demos of Jak 3, Killzone, and Neo Contra. It worked flawlessly with all of these; I never even thought of it as a "wireless" controller while playing.

I'd recommend it!

impirius

I have both the Xbox and the PS2 editions and love them.

I like the analog sticks much better than the Dual Shock 2. The D-pad is pretty good; it has slightly too much travel and too little resistance for my tastes, but it's more than sufficient and is much better than the 'mushy' pads on most third-party controllers.

belgurdo

Banned
I had both but sold the Xbox one. The PS2 version is almost like having a real DS, but the Xbox one has a shitty D-pad and bad buttons/analog. (I could barely play fighting games with it because the controller wouldn't register double button taps and D-pad motions all the time, and when I played Vice City with it the cars would veer hard to the left/right unless I barely nudged the stick. That may all be the result of getting a skunky controller out of the batch though)

impirius

Oh yeah, I should've mentioned that my comments were in reference to the PS2 version. The Xbox controller isn't as good because of the issues belgurdo mentioned, but it's still fine for adventure games or first-person shooters.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Magic question:

Will the wireless reciever still work with/fit in the PSTwo ports??

Magic question #2:

How is the wireless PS2 pad with 2D fighting games like Street Fighter, Guilty Gear and such...-

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
When the hell is Sony going to make a first party wireless controller?
At this point, who cares. They'll make one for PS3. For PS2, just buy the one mentioned here, it pretty much looks and feels just as I've always imagined a wireless DS2 would.

impirius

Kleegamefan said:
Magic question:

Magic question #2:

How is the wireless PS2 pad with 2D fighting games like Street Fighter, Guilty Gear and such...-
#1: The receiver sticks out as much as a memory card and is roughly twice as tall. I think it would fit without a problem.

#2: The D-pad gives me fits on fighting games. I'd definitely use a Street Fighter controller or my hidden gem, the Mad Catz Dual Force 2 Pro, instead of the Logitech.

Rhindle

Kleegamefan said:
Magic question:

I would like to know this as well. Does anyone have pic of what the receiver looks like?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
IGN tacked on this very issue. There is a small problem, but it's easily solved if you put the console on the edge of the shelf, or in the vertical position:

Teh problem:
checking-out-the-pstwo-20041015062408503-000.jpg

impirius

Marconelly said:
IGN tacked on this very issue. There is a small problem, but it's easily solved if you put the console on the edge of the shelf, or in the vertical position:

Teh problem:
checking-out-the-pstwo-20041015062408503-000.jpg
HOLY CRAP. That thing really is tiny. Wow.

It's not a big deal since I don't have to have my system pushed back to acomodate the controller since I can leave it on my coffee table. So leaving the system to the edge of wall unit is fine.

Top Bottom