• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody else bite on the Spider-Man 2 CE preorder with the statue?

Sethbacca

I was debating for the last couple weeks whether I just wanted the base version or the one with the sweet statue. Ended up getting in my order for the Collector's Edition. I figure I can always cancel the preorder if I change my mind.

Yeah, I'm a sucker I know, but whatevs.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
I wish i live in the USA so i didn't need to pay $1000 for a collector's edition.

But the statue sure does look good.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this game and that looks really cool.. but that's a price reserved for very few CEs on my end of things so I sadly pass on this one. If it was low 100 range maybe. Especially since this is one of those that doesn't even come with the real game.. just a digital voucher. Big no no for me, I'd rather it not come with a game at all then and be a collector pack so I can spend that money on a real disc to go with.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

Me too I just don't buy things that I would have when I was 10 years old...$200 for a piece of plastic. Meh.
Fair enough, it's not something I buy a lot of but I do covet a lot of the Sideshow Toys and Hot Toys sixth scale figures.

Reactions: HTK

Sleepwalker

Nah im good, not into collectors edition. I'll get a steelbook version of a game if im feeling fancy but thats about it

I used to be all over these things. I’ve since sold most of them and rarely buy them these days.

As to the question, no, I didn’t.

But enjoy, OP, because I do remember the fun of buying them. :messenger_sunglasses:

cireza

1489418694-dxvg.png

poodaddy

No.

It is a really cool looking statue tho. Venom has always been my favorite in the Spiderverse.
That's how they got me. I was planning on specifically not buying anything for months to catch up on some financial stuff but.......

Venom statues......

I mean, the way I justified it to myself, I've spent far more than that for just Venom statues before, with no game!

I'm weak, and I think my wife's gonna kick the shit out of me but all I do is goddamn work lately and I deserve to treat myself every great once in a while. Hell I didn't even have any sort of birthday anything outside of a text from a friend as I was too busy, so this is my gift to myself.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Nope, no disc no buy
The whole thing is stupid.
You got people who buy digital because they don't want the tat and case cluttering up their room and you're trying to sell them a empty Steelbook and tat.
And the people who do want it won't buy it because it doesn't come with a physical disc.
Who is this for again?
The whole thing for the lack of a better word is retarded.

What's worse is people like me that collect Steelbooks
Spider-Man
God of War
I have a Steelbook with my Deluxe Edition for those in my collection.
The sequels?
Thanks Sony my only choice in a overpriced collector's edition with a empty Steelbook & tat!

Last edited:

Crayon

I don't like statues or figurines. Some are neat. I do have a lot of chochkis on my shelves. Maybe too much. I randomly built a zoid a few weeks ago and it was sad when I finished because I know I can't keep it around for too long. It's not even that big. It's just cluttery and I don't like it THAT much.

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
That's unfortunate. Probably my favorite part of being an adult is just buying things I want.
You want a random statue and empty steel book case?

Games are already $100 after tax. Who is paying triple that for something that doesn’t even include the game???

I notice they started calling the steel books a “display case”. How insulting that they can’t include a 50 cent disc.

Last edited:
Nope. I didn't even wishlist it because I don't want to send the message to Sony that I'm happy with the graphics haha. Yes, I'm a graphics whore who thinks they could do better.

Gambit2483

Spider-Man 2 is available for preorder?? 🤔

Edit: Bestbuy.com is currently (as of 3:20PM EST) the only online retailer that has a listing, for standard. Considering the Collectors edition includes a digital copy only, I'll be skipping that option.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

You want a random statue and empty steel book case?

Games are already $100 after tax. Who is paying triple that for something that doesn’t even include the game???

I notice they started calling the steel books a “display case”. How insulting that they can’t include a 50 cent disc.
I don't know if you've looked at the cost of statues lately, but they're generally not cheap. Also, I mean it's not exactly random is it? It's Venom and Spider-Men.

Top Bottom