• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody else hope more titles are delayed till 2005?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Brothers in Arms delay made me think,
would I really care if more games are delayed if it means that more obsure projects get attention so we don't have another Beyond Good and Evil Fiasco?

Yes. This fall is pure insanity. But then again, it means that many games I want to play will fail and be incredibly cheap by the time I have the time to play them. I don't know...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
6.8 said:
Yes. This fall is pure insanity. But then again, it means that many games I want to play will fail and be incredibly cheap by the time I have the time to play them. I don't know...

Yeah, I guess you could look at it that way
But if those cheap games end up being really good, the chances of a sequal are slim.

I want to know why not one developer, for example, could get one of their ps2 rpgs out this spring. Instead they are all clumped this fall.

Shellshock is another example

After EA and Halo outsell every game I am interested in, maybe gaming companies will realize that November cannot support more than a few big selllers. Unfortunately, many great series will die in process (like Beyond Good and Evil).

It's true, there was a glut of strategy RPGs just in time for me after I finished Fire Emblem, but there were no traditional RPGs until Tales of Symphonia.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I don't. More games that I'm interested in are constantly being announced. Delaying other games doesn't really help my backlog. How many games are you looking forward to that were originally delayed from last year?

Besides, let the publishers release their game now, so that by the time I'm ready to play them, the game is only $20. I just realised that I haven't payed full-price (original MSRP) for a console game since REmake was released.

Top Bottom