• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone here got a XBOX Magic Box converter?

Hari

Banned
I’m thinking about buying one so I can use my PS2/DC/Saturn pads on it for games.

If you have one could you please answer some questions about it?

Do you experience any input lag with the Magic Box?

Can you use the XBL Headset? If so is there any interference?

Thanks.

robot

Hari said:
I’m thinking about buying one so I can use my PS2/DC/Saturn pads on it for games.

If you have one could you please answer some questions about it?

Do you experience any input lag with the Magic Box?

Can you use the XBL Headset? If so is there any interference?

Thanks.

I own one and havent noticed any input lag. I use it to play Guilty Gear and CvS w/ the japanese saturn controller, and it works great. Unfortunatly theres no slot for the headset, but using the saturn pad for these games more than makes up for it. It's a must-buy if you like 2d fighters (for xbox), imo. Especially w/ Third Strike coming out.

Post this question in the Shoryuken Hardware forums and I've certain that you will get trustworthy testimonies.

I don't want to say that our guys aren't saavy to the controller scene, but between you and me, there was a thread here two weeks ago about Dual Shock configurations for SF3rd. *shudder*

Vormund

I've been thinking of getting one of these so I can use my Namco Arcade stick...i'm sure when 3S comes out that'll prompt me to actually order one. :D

Hari

Banned
ArcadeStickMonk,

I did a search on the Shoryuken Hardware forums and found many threads about the Magic Box Converter. (Reading them now.)

Thank you all for the helpful replies. :)

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
My only gripe with the Magic Box is that it doesn't read all buttons on DC sticks (in my case, the beloved Agetec). It reads 4 buttons only, which is still fine for Soul Cali 2, but not so good for Capcom stuff.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
^^
Yeah, that would be nice.

Common sense should tell you though, that the buttons it doesn't read are those that are referenced as 'analog'. Read: triggers.

bob_arctor said:
My only gripe with the Magic Box is that it doesn't read all buttons on DC sticks (in my case, the beloved Agetec). It reads 4 buttons only, which is still fine for Soul Cali 2, but not so good for Capcom stuff.

That sucks, but it's good to know. I dig it's the two rightmost buttons dropped? C and Z on the Agetec?

The really strange thing is that the DC knew what the Agetec was, which is why you get a 3D model of when you config your controls in Soul Calibur. So the DC itself, knows that those buttons are not analog triggers, but I've never seen an adaptor yet that sent a non-DC controller in as an Agetec. Considering that all three current systems use analog buttons (the Dual Shock 2 is full of em) and that there are adaptors that will throw together nearly any combination of controllers and consoles, utilizing all the buttons supported by the host console, this is a very strange ommision indeed.

Top Bottom