• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone see Asphalt Urban GT?

MaddenNFL64

924894_20041007_screen001.jpg

It's looking good. Textures need work, but the res DS is at, it's not going be a real eyesore.

924896_20041007_screen006.jpg

Kicks Ridge Racers ass anyway. C'mon Namco, get it together!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Looks WORLDS better than Ridge Racer DS. Anyways it's not Namco who's to blame (maybe for being lazy) but it's NST who's doing the port job.

MaddenNFL64

TekunoRobby said:
Looks WORLDS better than Ridge Racer DS. Anyways it's not Namco who's to blame (maybe for being lazy) but it's NST who's doing the port job.

The same guys making Hunters did that shit? :\

Grubdog

Banned
I think Ridge Racer DS looks better, there's too much detail in Asphalt Urban GT I can hardly see whats in front of the car.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
MaddenNFL64 said:
The same guys making Hunters did that shit? :\
Well atleast according to IGN they are.

DS.IGN.COM said:
Along with Metroid Prime Hunters, Nintendo's NST development group is working on an additional Nintendo DS title, this one for Namco: A dual-screen conversion of Ridge Racer titled Ridge Racer DS.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/555/555164p1.html

It's like they are concentrating most of their work on Hunters. Apparantly the touch-screen wheel isn't intuitive.

Deg

Banned
Asphalt Urban GT is easily the better game so far. Its also better looking and runs at 60 fps unlike RR DS. No popup, animates well, good sense of speed etc. Touch screen needs bigger buttons but changing tracks is a nice idea according to gamespot who have a playable impression.

Anyway i'll likely get this. Its more of a N-Gage port this game.

Deg

Banned
seismologist said:
I need to see it in motion first. RR probably has a better framerate.

I already pointed out RR runs at 30fps and Asphalt at 60fps. Asphalt has better sense of speed.

they both look pretty much the same from what I see.

except Asphalt is better looking in every way from skies to the textures. RR has plenty of time to improve. I doubt either of these games are pushing the DS much.
Gameplay wise Aspahlt has me more interested. RR is kinda out of date nowadays.

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/driving/asphalturbangt/preview_6110034.html

The graphics in Asphalt Urban GT are looking good. The 3D environments and vehicles look sharp and manage to convey a smooth sense of speed. The textures could stand to be cleaned up a little, but otherwise the game looks solid. The different camera angles let you appreciate the locales you're sailing through and don't bog down the action.

Wow. If Asphalt runs in 60fps then it will look better than RRDS. But just judging screens, I prefer RRDS. It has crisp clean visuals and more interesting style.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Falch said:
I want to see both games in motion.
Asphalt in motion. This is the Ngage version. Should be a perfect port, given that it has the same dev and 'same' hardware as DS.

Edit: Wrong video. The N-Gage site with the ingame video is down. :(

jarrod

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
Namco Hometek's just as much to blame for letting this abortion slip through.

Deg said:
I find that hard to believe when NFSU 2 GBA looks better than RR

Two major gaming website are saying that RRDS is impressive looking, and you still don't believe them?

They saw the game running. You didn't. They even played the game.

Deg

Banned
Littleberu said:
Two major gaming website are saying that RRDS is impressive looking, and you still don't believe them?

They saw the game running. You didn't. They even played the game.

ok. Maybe it looks more impressive in person like SMS for example.

Top Bottom