• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apology to Bloober Team Thread

Killer8

Never doubted them since I saw the initial reveal.

Bloober’s weakness has been original storytelling, Konami basically took over that role here.

Pretty much this. Their original stories haven't been great but they are working from a solid script this time and have original Team Silent members of staff assisting them (who, in fact, wanted to make more changes while Bloober wanted to keep it faithful).

They have always been strong on a technical level. Anyone who played The Medium and who wasn't being completely uncharitable could see the potential of a Silent Hill game by them with some guidance.

There is also something to say about giving developers a chance. Bloober have always said they are open to feedback to improve, even including a message about that at the end of their games. Developers don't just pump out AAA classics right out of the gate - look at From Software's history.

Pejo

Wait a minute, what happened that suddenly people think this is going to be good? Last news I saw was the comparison thread from yesterday.

Pejo

If the same journalists gave it bad scores people would be using that to confirm their biases.
Shrugs GIF

Dunno, I was just genuinely curious if there was something that changed today like an announced rework of character models or something of that nature. I haven't followed the game particularly closely. Game still looks like dookie to me.

MDSLKTR

No apologies from me, The Medium is decent and the forest sequence screamed let us do a Silent Hill. They only needed more focus and bam, best horror franchise is back.

Three

Some people are dumb and a meaningless review score by some random dudes changes their mind.
They are incapable of making their own opinion on something.
And how exactly are they going to do that when they can't play the game yet? People look for general concensus on a game before buying and trying it themselves. That's perfectly normal. That's what reviews are for and I'm sure you've done the same whether it's movies, games or the airfryer you might be looking to buy. People are influenced by other people's experiences when they need to put down money or time to experience it too.

DrDryRub

Apologize for what exactly? If it wasn't for the constant criticism from what they shown the game might have never been fixed. Ever apologize for criticism because that's what makes a creator strive to do better. If it sucks tell them what sucks, how it sucks and how to make it better. If they can't accept the criticism then they don't deserve your money.

Also, they were remaking an already great game. The hard part was already done for them. All they had to do was pretty it up and bring it to a modern platform. They had an easy job.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Gold Member
All joking aside, you know many of the dev team stayed up late last night on pins and needles. They've been eating shit from the gaming community for 2 years now. I'm sure that leaked Gamepressure 6.5/10 review didn't help either. I can't imagine the overwhelming sense of relief and validation they felt when the reviews started dropping.

So good on them.

John Marston John Marston thanks for the gold!

Last edited:

Bernardougf

It's pretty obvious that if this game ended up being a fail for most of the reasons being feared, it would not be docked any points by the media. The opposite maybe.
I just dont care.. I dont even follow what they are saying ... I pick up info from here and other places like youtubers I mostly agree and try to form my opinion, cant remember the last time I watched any site review or awards. These for me are for big publishers and mainstream media circle jerking and fart sniffing. You have to be consistent, or their opinions matter or dont ... or their grades matter or not.... choosing to care based on the games you support is highly hypocritical. And I see this here a LOT, I guess is just human nature, who knows.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Hold firm Never Bloober's I am here with reinforcements.
Lik9oJ2.png
8mjCpJ0.png

Come At Me Lets Go GIF by A24

Monty Python Reaction GIF

Considering the source material I'm sure it's going to be great.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Is 87 from video game "journalists" a score good enough worth apologizing over now? I get that this is a meme thread but I was curious if I missed some actual big news about the game. Guess not.
No.. this week metacritic score from game journos do matter, check again next week for the new hating/liking journos schedule

Last edited:

Zacfoldor

Shrugs GIF

Dunno, I was just genuinely curious if there was something that changed today like an announced rework of character models or something of that nature. I haven't followed the game particularly closely. Game still looks like dookie to me.
Let me be honest here.

When I played Silent Hill 2 originally I didn't understand what was going on.

Years later I read about it online and was like "that's a decent episode of the twilight zone" and that's about it.

What's to fuck up? It's a zombie game that swaps between worlds and they are copying it basically 1 to 1. The small changes to a narrative I never cherished are not why I game and honestly rather arbitrary anyway. Let's do this. Day 1. I'm sure the "fans" won't be here on day 1 for this but I sure fucking will. I'll keep the light on for the rest of yall, come on in whenever you get tired of making a stand.

New silent hill baby, woohoo!! New MGS coming next year!!! Is that toxic positivity or has everyone just lost the plot?

Last edited:
No.. this week metacritic score from game journos do matter, check again next week for the new hating/liking journos schedule

It's fanboy behaviour that has been near identical for the last 15 years or so on GAF and other forums. If the reviews for your hype toy are lower than expected, the outcry is big, lots of "I never cared for reviews anyway hurhur, trust your own opinion". Yet it never happens when something gets overly good scores. The idea that something could be overrated doesn't work with the hype brigade. Since we're talking about console-exclusive Konami remakes here, a reminder that Twin Snakes originally got glowing reviews. That didn't age well, did it now.

Last edited:

Pejo

Let me be honest here.

When I played Silent Hill 2 originally I didn't understand what was going on.

Years later I read about it online and was like "that's a decent episode of the twilight zone" and that's about it.

What's to fuck up? It's a zombie game that swaps between worlds and they are copying it basically 1 to 1. The small changes to a narrative I never cherished are not why I game and honestly rather arbitrary anyway. Let's do this. Day 1. I'm sure the "fans" won't be here on day 1 for this but I sure fucking will. I'll keep the light on for the rest of yall, come on in whenever you get tired of making a stand.

New silent hill baby, woohoo!! New MGS coming next year!!! Is that toxic positivity or has everyone just lost the plot?
So your points are basically, summed up:
  • You already played and didn't really care about the original.
  • The story is unimpressive/unimportant in your opinion, but despite that you're ultra hyped for it and will be buying it day 1.
  • You're calling the changes "small" despite not having played the game and a whole thread of examples to the contrary.
I dunno man. I just don't know.

Fbh

I'll admit I didn't expect the game to review so well.
But I'll have to play it at some point in the future to see if it's actually good
FFXVI had everyone hyped up with a 87 metascore and that game is a 7 at best.

Top Bottom