• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Arcade exclusive Fantasian just popped on the Steam DB

Quasicat

B3hNlEj.jpg

I played this on my Apple TV for a while, but really want to have this on a better handheld than a phone or iPad. This might be the thing that gets me to buy a SteamDeck, although I’m still holding out for a Switch release as that is usually next with the Apple Arcade exclusives.
Here’s the link:

Brock2621

This is a fantastic game for anyone who enjoys RPG's. Also the art style is ACTUAL 3D scans of hand built dioramas. Super amazing stuff

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't have any iDevices, and this game alone wasn't worth buying a new device AND a subscription service to play. I'd definitely play the game on Steam though! I really love the art style and attention to detail.

Spyxos

Yes, it's supposed to be the hardest RPG made. Which is probably more a plus than a minus given the state of RPGs.
I rather heard that it is extremely drawn out because of Apple Arcade. So that people play it longer on the platform.

Minsc

Gold Member
I rather heard that it is extremely drawn out because of Apple Arcade. So that people play it longer on the platform.

Hmm, I think to me it just sounded like the game expects you to be able to master your abilities and there is a very high difficulty from the high number of encounters that I'd imagine would really strain your resources. It is a premium game though, not a gacha game, so to me it sounds pretty interesting, and the art style and music also seem very nice, particularly the soundtrack. I'd definitely grab it for the Deck or PC.

Tried it out when I had a free Apple Arcade sub like a year ago. Didn’t want to pay for yet another subscription so stopped when it ended.
Would definitely play this on PC or console though. Terrible that it’s been double locked to iOS and Arcade this whole time

Last edited:

theHFIC

It was a lot of fun on Apple TV and to-go when the iCloud saves synced. Glad more people can enjoy it on a broader release (hopefully the price will be right).

Exentryk

That's pretty awesome! I've played, completed and enjoyed both parts of Fantasian. Be interesting to see if they package it all in one part now?

Isn't this the game that's almost unplayable because it's so extremely hard?
Yeah, it's definitely harder than usual RPGs. It's more because you don't have very many options and the fights are very much tuned pretty strictly to what you have available at that time. All beatable, and RPG veterans would probably enjoy the difficulty.

Top Bottom