• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Event | It's Glowtime | iPhone 16 models, Apple Watch and AirPods refresh

Erebus

Apple will hold its annual fall iPhone-centric event on Monday, September 9 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

What is expected:
  • iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus
iphone-16-colors-dummies.jpg

• iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max
sonny-iphone-16-pro-colors.jpg

• Apple Watch series 10 and SE3
  • Apple Watch Ultra 3 possibly absent from event, Ultra 2 color update possible
  • AirPods 4 and Improved AirPods Max with USB-C port
I'm still using an iPhone 13 Pro and I'm curious to see if they will convince me to upgrade with the 16 Pro.
So who is watching?

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
there is no innovation anymore

I think the problem is they nailed the form, everything else is software now.

I'm not sure there's much they can do that's really exciting now. Older people (like me) will know the excitement of mobile phones changing, my first phone didn't even have a camera. Colour screens were new.

I don't see how anything will be as exciting again.

Last edited:

Rockondevil

I really want to update my Series 5 Apple Watch but the rumors/leaks haven't been amazing considering it's the 10th anniversary.

If it doesn't do an iPhone X I might try to hold out another year with it on life support.

Erebus

Same, and I'm not switching. Don't care, phone works perfectly fine still.
Judging from the leaks, I'll probably wait out another year. iPhone 17 series will probably have more substantial changes even on the design.
I really want to update my Series 5 Apple Watch but the rumors/leaks haven't been amazing considering it's the 10th anniversary.

If it doesn't do an iPhone X I might try to hold out another year with it on life support.
I'm on Series 4 and the battery has degraded significantly after all these years. Also, I think they're dropping support with the new WatchOS.

near

Gold Member
Loving my iPhone 15 Pro and have no plans to upgrade for some time, but I'm interested to see what they announce. I'll have to catch the highlights on this tonight, I'll be on the road when it starts.

Rockondevil

I'm on Series 4 and the battery has degraded significantly after all these years. Also, I think they're dropping support with the new WatchOS.
yeah they are indeed. My battery is horrible, I can’t imagine yours.

If I do a 30-40 minute run with music it’s near dead. Thankfully it charges up again quite fast.

SJRB

Gold Member
Fun drinking game:

- Take a shot every time someone says "Apple Intelligence"
- Take a shot every time Tim Cook says a sentence in the exact same intonation as the previous one
- Take two shots when there's a bizarre transition, like someone breakdancing or doing parkour

TVexperto

I think the problem is they nailed the form, everything else is software now.

I'm not sure there's much they can do that's really exciting now. Older people (like me) will know the excitement of mobile phones changing, my first phone didn't even have a camera. Colour screens were new.

I don't see how anything will be as exciting again.
There is so much they could do, different phone formats, phone with display outside, flip phones etc., phone with physical keyboard

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
There is so much they could do, different phone formats, phone with display outside, flip phones etc., phone with physical keyboard

Yeah, I guess. You sort of have to wonder why there hasn't been a popular phone with a physical keyboard for over a decade though.

But either way, it's not going to be exciting. Not like when screens went colour and you could take pictures on your phone. Those things were a big deal, I just can't imagine something like that coming along now. I think it's just iterations from now on.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Do people still look forward to these things? Phones leveled out a long time ago. We will get a slightly faster CPU and GPU, a couple imperceptible design tweaks, a camera that they claim is way better but will produce pictures that look identical, and that's about it.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Do people still look forward to these things? Phones leveled out a long time ago. We will get a slightly faster CPU and GPU, a couple imperceptible design tweaks, a camera that they claim is way better but will produce pictures that look identical, and that's about it.
I used to but now I’ll just look to tomorrow at the prices and the pre-ordering system.

Synless

The deep blue is a fantastic color on iPhone 15pro… but this brown color? Who the fuck EVER asked for that? Worse is they replaced the deep ocean blue with this shit color?

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I want to hear for once, "this is the worst iPhone we've ever created" or at least "this iPhone isn't the best we could've done"

but really looking forward to new Macbooks. And really hope to see iMac 27" pro.

dem

I still keep buying 2nd gen Airpods. Pretty much yearly.

I have Pro's and 3rd gens.. but 2nd gen are just the best. imo.

I hate that "squeeze the stem" shit.

That said.. for some reason the Mic on the 2nd gen always dies on me. ALWAYS. I don't know what i do to them.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
That watch looks sick.

The tech on display here is insane.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
My favourite moment during every Apple Watch Ultra segment is when they randomly start mentioning sports you can do with the watch.

“Omg I can play golf with this thing??”

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
They basically always go back to the same script just change the chip names and that's it. It's the same presentation.

Top Bottom