• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple has rejected Epic Games' subimission of their own Epic Games Store in IoS

kikkis

this cannot be a serious post. Where have you seen anyone call for google not to have an app store in Android?

Google pays Apple billions of dollars just to keep Google Search as the default in iOS Safari, and you're here claiming they'd have no other avenue to make money off Android?
Search? Youtube? Those print money too.
Those are separate things.
This is a terrible argument, you can today ship a device with Android or even fork it without any consent or involment from Google or even include Google Play and you have big players on that front like Amazon and Huawei where no money what so ever goes to Google, per device or even for app store fees. By your logic what is already happening today, shouldn't happen.

Google and Apple can keep their app store fee, but otherwise they shouldn't be able to control what the users do outside their turf.
It's like like steam though. Nobody cares about alternative app stores since play store is dominant

Red5

I respect everyone’s opinions and it’s a good conversation to have. I want to move on and talk about things we agree on like games. However, I want to leave you with one more thought. What if future elected government leadership in the future does not align with what you think is right ? What if they decide they want to do something like make technology great again, and force companies to use horrible old technologies. Once you give government this kind of power, the good comes with the bad. I’d rather just have the choice myself.

Yeah, like when the US government eliminated net neutrality and let corporations charge any rate they want, we should all trust the invisible hand of the market. Fuck no, I elect officials so they can protect me as a consumer and as a worker from greedy ass bastards, it's their job.

kikkis

Yeah, like when the US government eliminated net neutrality and let corporations charge any rate they want, we should all trust the invisible hand of the market. Fuck no, I elect officials so they can protect me as a consumer and as a worker from greedy ass bastards, it's their job.
Government is behind pretty much every organized and large scale evil and you want to centralize everything to it and allow everyone to bow to its every whimsical rule and regulation. It's not gazprom waging war on Ukraine or tencent threatening taiwan. Profits and stupid shit drive new startups.

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
Government is behind pretty much every organized and large scale evil and you want to centralize everything to it and allow everyone to bow to its every whimsical rule and regulation. It's not gazprom waging war on Ukraine or tencent threatening taiwan. Profits and stupid shit drive new startups.
People are behind pretty much every evil.

SomeGit

Those are separate things.

It's like like steam though. Nobody cares about alternative app stores since play store is dominant
Not caring and forcing its use are 2 separate things, there is no device or operating system on earth that forces you to use Steam the way that Apple forces you to use their App Store. Not even the Steam Deck forces you to use Steam.

Apple's App Store monopoly is nothing like Steam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom