• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 5S | OT |

artist

Banned
hero_start__keyframe.jpg

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/

Can someone help me understand the advantage of 64-bit in a smart phone? I understand the benefits in a desktop... but in a smart phone???

Yeah I'm thinking I can stick with my current iPhone, and this season I upgrade my beloved iPad.

Or maybe go Mini if they do Retina, and a nice spec bump.

Boo them for not doing early preorders on the 5s. I need to get three of them and don't want to deal with the slowness of a Verizon store.

Nicktendo86

As an android die hard.... I actually like it. The fingerprint scanner could be really cool and the new a7 should be good, apple always lead the way with GPU. Still not a fan of ios7 though

asdad123

Meh. Gonna stick with my s4.

Only reason I wouldve upgraded is if they made the battery much better. My iphone 5 battery was horrible when being used. Idle was great but once I was using it, it drained so fast.

Social

It looks really good, some interesting tech innovations with that camera and the Flash and the fingerprint sensor. Really nice

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I really like that Gold, considering jumping on this as an upgrade from my 4s since it's about to be 2 years old.

Jesus that Gold is really growing on me. It's such an interesting color scheme. Is it safe to assume the battery life for the 5S is similar to the 4S?

VoxPop

So, a spec bump and a fingerprint scanner?

Not really blowing my socks off here, apple.

Would you have liked it better if they put a plastic faux metal trim around the phone and allowed you to scroll through webpages with your face instead?

When are the unlocked versions available? Would I be able to scoop one up from AT&T without a contract?

mrkgoo

The new camera features are a great step up. I haven't heard of a two tone flash before, and being able to configure it (automatically) with 1000 shades means pictures with flash are going to look a lot more natural.

10 fps burst mode? Awesome.

And slo-mo video is going to be FUN AS HELL.

Too bad I like the 5c design more.

TommyT

Would you have liked it better if they put a plastic faux metal trim around the phone and allowed you to scroll through webpages with your face instead?

Even with the current iteration you can stick the phone to your face and swipe through pages or scroll them. The same skin that is on your finger is on your face.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Err, no?

To clarify, I have owned nothing but iPhones over the last 5 years. Love them!
This modest upgrade does nothing to awaken my gadget-lust like apple products usually do. That is all.

Ghazi

I have been using a 3G (that i bought for $50 as it was completely broken) since the year it came out, maybe I should upgrade one day. I don't know $500 is a lot of money and I doubt it's that much faster than the 3G, I haven't tried anything beyond a 3GS though.

mr stroke

I have been using a 3G (that i bought for $50 as it was completely broken) since the year it came out, maybe I should upgrade one day. I don't know $500 is a lot of money and I doubt it's that much faster than the 3G, I haven't tried anything beyond a 3GS though.

a 5s should be light years faster than a 3 or 3Gs

Top Bottom