• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

samn

Cant say for sure but below 30 I'm guessing. Only briefly but still annoying.

The hang ups are worse. Every now and then my phone locks up for a few seconds.

Have you tried turning off iCloud Photo Library? I read earlier on my twitter feed that it causes issues.

BokehKing

Banned
Anyway to set the scrolling in safari to just be one swipe and it just keeps going until it hits the bottom of the page and bounces back?

I'm not feeling this multiple swipes to get tithe bottom of the page

Owari

3 months from now, we are going to be soooo deep into 3D Touch with app integration. It's going to be amazing.
Maybe. If it's anything like the increased resolution problems literally every developer has we won't be seeing real integration for 6+ months

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
He said his 6S+ was dropping below 60FPS and having hang ups. I'm not trolling, lol.

I got a bit of this while I was first setting up the phone (doing iCloud restore). It's perfectly smooth now that everything is set up.

Red

I can't imagine the 6s+ would have any trouble. It's benching just as well as high end Android phones with quad HD displays.
No one has reported any bending yet, have they? I'm paranoid that I just bent my phone

But like super super minimally

Maybe I'm trippin
Bend tests are showing surprising strength on the 6s. Unbox Therapy didn't see bending until over 2x the pressure it took to bend the 6.

Oppo

Watch for the start of the video when the phones are placed in. You can clearly see the phone screens being distorted by the water. This effect would be too time-consuming to pull off just for a prank video.

The reflections of the screens could well appear dark at a particular angle, perhaps due to polarisation.

hm I forgot about polarization, you are right.

I retreat back to my original stance of Dumb Luck. ;)

maninthemirror said:
I'm saying the home button would now be virtual instead of physical, bottom would just have a round etch where you put your finger, rest is all force touch
It needs at least one physical button to shut down in case it hangs. Also headphones would obviously need to go wireless (or some interesting magsafe style thing maybe). And induction charging.

I can't imagine the 6s+ would have any trouble. It's benching just as well as high end Android phones with quad HD displays.

Bend tests are showing surprising strength on the 6s. Unbox Therapy didn't see bending until over 2x the pressure it took to bend the 6.

Then I'm just trippin

Magnus

Need some rockin game recommendations for this beautiful new phone. The mega threads are a bit overwhelming, but I suppose I can start there.

HUELEN10

Need some rockin game recommendations for this beautiful new phone. The mega threads are a bit overwhelming, but I suppose I can start there.
HORIZON

CHASE

You know, fuck it, I am in a huelen-tactic mood today. I will be giving away 2 copies of Horizon Chase today in gaming side later today. I'll let y'all know when.

But yeah, Horizon Chase is the Citizen Kane of iOS games.

Shun

I can't believe people are really taking the rose scented thing seriously.

It does have a sweet smell though, that's it.

Red

Don't know what best shows off the larger display, but I've been enjoying Space Team lately. Not much else like it.

Arthos

Been checking the Apples online store to see if a Rose 64gig 6s+ shows up for reservation. If it does, I'm making the switch to iPhone after being with Android since the G1.

I'm excited.

Serick

Married Member
So, new to iOS coming from android....

When you swipe your finger back and forth over the home button it pulls the screen down to only take up half of your screen... what's the point? What functionality am I not seeing?

Are there any other gesture tips you guys could give me?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

When you swipe your finger back and forth over the home button it pulls the screen down to only take up half of your screen... what's the point? What functionality am I not seeing?

That is actually a double tap, designed to mitigate the impact of the large screen on reachability.

boxter432

its so you can reach upper row of apps/address bar etc.. easily with one hand.
use it all the time on my 6+.

Samsung has a similar thing on the Note where it basically makes the screen like 4 inches (literally looks like a phone screen within a phone screen)

Enco

3D Touch seems iffy towards the edges of the screen.
Glad I'm not the only one. Keyboard touch is the most inconsistent feature though.

I got a bit of this while I was first setting up the phone (doing iCloud restore). It's perfectly smooth now that everything is set up.
I did mine fresh and 24 hours later it's still iffy. A friend had theirs completely lock and had to do a hard reboot.

Woke up today and Touch ID was failing over and over. Had to re-register my thumb again. Looks like my prints are still a corner case Apple hasn't solved. Frustrating.

kaskade

At my "appointment" to pick up my 6s+ and I'm in a line with an estimated 2 hour wait...

Wow, I really hope I don't have to wait that long. I made my appointment a little later one so hopefully that helps a bit since it's Saturday. I think a lot of people might've went more mid day to get it. I'll probably show up a little earlier anyway incase I do have to wait.

NYR

Anyone's iPhone 6S back really hot? Was surprised how hot mine was this morning. It was installing a lot of app updates though. I'm careless right now, waiting to find a good case for my 6S Plus.

Glad I'm not the only one. Keyboard touch is the most inconsistent feature though.

I was thinking about using it without a case so that I could do the multitask 3d touch easier, but I still think it feels way too fragile without a case to use comfortably. I think what makes keyboard touch feel off is that there's no physical feedback (no vibration) when it triggers, and very little visual feedback (the keyboard just switches to the trackpad mode, it doesn't have the gradual transition that most of the other 3d touches have).

dedhead54

Excited to pick one up when my contract is up in December but I am not sure what direction to go with my plan. Currently on Verizon on 2 year plan. I would like to switch over to something where I can upgrade phones every year. That seems to be the new trend.

Anyone experiencing some, unresponsiveness with your iPhone 6S Plus? From time to time I'll press on the lock screen to make the betta image animate, but sometimes it won't do anything. Other times I'll try to swipe or even hit the home or power button and it'll just hand there for a few seconds and then respond to my actions all late.

It's not lagginess, none of the animations are lagging, more like it freezes and then reacts to anything I do on the screen later. It's so weird.

I hope at some point they make it so that live photos can autoplay when selected (similar to how vines on twitter work). Would make feature a lot more appealing.

TimFL

I hope at some point they make it so that live photos can autoplay when selected (similar to how vines on twitter work). Would make feature a lot more appealing.

I hope they do. Selecting a live photo as lock screen background is such a waste really. I totally expected the live photo to automatically play once when turning on the screen.

Anyone experiencing some, unresponsiveness with your iPhone 6S Plus? From time to time I'll press on the lock screen to make the betta image animate, but sometimes it won't do anything. Other times I'll try to swipe or even hit the home or power button and it'll just hand there for a few seconds and then respond to my actions all late.

It's not lagginess, none of the animations are lagging, more like it freezes and then reacts to anything I do on the screen later. It's so weird.

Wait a day or reset your phone , it goes awY with indexing

Meh3D

I've had this happen a couple of times. When unlocking the phone via Touch ID the phone paused a few frames into the zoom out animation for 3 or so seconds then finishes the animation.

Anyone had it happen? Next time I see it I'll screen shot it.

Wow, I really hope I don't have to wait that long. I made my appointment a little later one so hopefully that helps a bit since it's Saturday. I think a lot of people might've went more mid day to get it. I'll probably show up a little earlier anyway incase I do have to wait.

All said and done it took 45 minutes. My appointment window was 11:30-12:00 and I was out at like 12:20. It also helped that I was paying for the device in full out of pocket so I was able to walk out of the store without having to activate it.

Sapiens

Are there any controversies yet (i.e., 4 antenna, 5 soft aluminum, 6 bendgate) or are those reserved for the "tick" models?

In setting up iCloud Keychain yesterday, I got a text with a verification code. Where exactly am I supposed to enter this code? It seems like everything's working smoothly and as it should, and I have no need for it.

S models tend to be solid since they fix the flaws of the previous phone and then only add a few new features instead of being a total revision.

Except Apple's ad tagline for the 6S/6S+ seems to be true, "The only thing we changed is everything". They really did; not just a myriad of internal improvements, but also the body material and the glass. The only thing that's the same as the 6 is the shape.

kaskade

Except Apple's ad tagline for the 6S/6S+ seems to be true, "The only thing we changed is everything". They really did; not just a myriad of internal improvements, but also the body material and the glass. The only thing that's the same as the 6 is the shape.

That was such a good tagline. People are always saying how it's not that big of an upgrade on the S years.

Top Bottom