• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Oppo

Well props to the guy doing the video then - I can't see how he faked it so well.

edit: of course there's always CGI :)

but you see, how its a shallow tray, and how they just sat with almost no movement.

but this doesn't tell you the phone is waterproof or even water resistant. it only says it didn't short out this time. it only takes one time then you've got a dead phone. like i said, you could do this with a lot of things. water resistance is different. if he had plugged in headphones or touched a button underwater it probably would have fried immediately. a rain test is more realistic.

anyways if the thing was water resistant Apple would have been screaming about it in their marketing and i cant believe this keeps coming up every year. and i am one that really hopes they do add some real water resistance. but this ain't it.

edit - and of course you can see the reflection. screen seems off. so there you go. kid is an asshole.

YXTUyig.jpg

Spinifex

The video is not fake, but on the same token, the phone is not waterproof. It will probably eventually fail.

The point the video is making is that the regular 6 failed within a minute, The 6S was still going for 30+ minutes

the whole point of Bluetooth is you leave it on 24/7 so you can connect easily to it. Especially with low power it shouldn't kill the battery. Likewise with wifi. And they wouldn't enable 'hey siri' if it was a battery hog.

Hey Siri was only usable when you were connected to a power source until the 6s, so it literally is a battery hog.

Ok. I'm getting fucking annoyed. Can someone tell me if any of this makes sense?

I tried getting my iPhone again last night. But I was already in the process of dissolving my family plan so I went to the Verizon store first to get my own plan.

I roll up in the Apple Store with my own plan, everything is going okay, Verizon randomly calls me for verification while my sales rep was talking to someone else on the phone. The Verizon rep approves me and I already get the iPhone loan charge on my card.

Then all of a sudden my rep grabs the iPhone and leaves for a while.

Like a long while.

He finally comes back and tells me he can't give me the iPhones because theres a three day hold on my account since it's technically a 'new account'.

Even though the line has been with Verizon for...6 years.

Is this right? I was so annoyed that I was gonna blow up on the Verizon rep in the store but he was just an old dude. I spent like 4 hours at the Apple store.... :(

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Quick question. When you do the Apple Upgrade program, when do you pay tax? Is it charged to your card in the store along with the first payment?

Enco

Didn't you say you were using it for multiple hours browsing and then Netflix while on 3G?
1 Netflix tv show episode and some gaf yes.

Is that normal? I'm sure my 5S had similar battery on release.

Scroll up and show the top used apps, the 1%ers aren't very helpful.
Lol I was showing my hours. Not really accurate since I charged it over night and the usage includes the apps before that.

Mookee

On either of the official Apple cases could you fit an ID or one credit card smooshed between the case and the back of the phone?

giga

1 Netflix tv show episode and some gaf yes.

Is that normal? I'm sure my 5S had similar battery on release.

Lol I was showing my hours. Not really accurate since I charged it over night and the usage includes the apps before that.
Mobile usage is a huge battery killer.

ZeroX03

Banned

Safari and music/video streaming kill the battery hard so seeing those usage numbers is probably the most important thing. Not as bad as 3D games (and poorly optimized third party apps) but still pretty bad. Especially on network.

Enco

Mobile usage is a huge battery killer.

Safari and music/video streaming kill the battery hard so seeing those usage numbers is probably the most important thing. Not as bad as 3D games (and poorly optimized third party apps) but still pretty bad. Especially on network.
Ah ok. So it's standard for the plus? I was expecting more but maybe with more moderate use it'll be good.

Muzy72

Banned
Cheers. It's available here (SATX). This might justify the upgrade, I get no signal inside my workplace and have to rely on WiFi.
You're in San Antonio? I got the 6S, and the improvement is VERY noticeable. In my house, everyone else gets 2 bars of Edge, whereas my iPhone 6S it's 3 bars of LTE. The difference is insane.

MRSA

Banned
Anyone ever unlocked an iPhone on T-Mobile? Made the switch to VZW, her phone won't work, and she's pissed. :(

Is the phone paid off? They'll unlock it if it's paid off, if it isn't they'll unlock it and put you on a payment plan to pay it off per John Legere.

Sapiens

but you see, how its a shallow tray, and how they just sat with almost no movement.

but this doesn't tell you the phone is waterproof or even water resistant. it only says it didn't short out this time. it only takes one time then you've got a dead phone. like i said, you could do this with a lot of things. water resistance is different. if he had plugged in headphones or touched a button underwater it probably would have fried immediately. a rain test is more realistic.

anyways if the thing was water resistant Apple would have been screaming about it in their marketing and i cant believe this keeps coming up every year. and i am one that really hopes they do add some real water resistance. but this ain't it.

edit - and of course you can see the reflection. screen seems off. so there you go. kid is an asshole.

YXTUyig.jpg

But he didn't forget to do the reflection at the top?

JaseMath

Is the phone paid off? They'll unlock it if it's paid off, if it isn't they'll unlock it and put you on a payment plan to pay it off per John Legere.
It's paid off and I put the request in through customer service; STILL haven't received authorization. Refreshing my email like crazy in the meantime.

the 6s and the 6splus has quick charge? is that the same as Samsung's fast charge?

It's different - Samsung and other Android makers utilize tech that allows it to charge to a specified percentage really quickly, then top the rest off slower. Like 50% in 15 minutes or whatever. The 6 and 6 Plus just have the ability to accept a 2.0 A charger (iPad charger or many third party chargers) and generally charge nearly as quickly to a full charge.

It's really very quick, imo. Just make sure to get a 2 A charger.

Aurizen

It's different - Samsung and other Android makers utilize tech that allows it to charge to a specified percentage really quickly, then top the rest off slower. Like 50% in 15 minutes or whatever. The 6 and 6 Plus just have the ability to accept a 2.0 A charger (iPad charger or many third party chargers) and generally charge nearly as quickly to a full charge.

It's really very quick, imo. Just make sure to get a 2 A charger.

Ah I see I have this would this work

Quick question. When you do the Apple Upgrade program, when do you pay tax? Is it charged to your card in the store along with the first payment?

You pay tax on your first payment, which is billed 3 days AFTER you receive the phone.

So my initial payment on my 64gb 6s was about 95$ (35.68 first month + 7% NJ Sales Tax).

Top Bottom