• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Magnus

Is it true that there aren't dedicated 6S cases, and that I can and should just use cases for the 6? I found an Apple leather case for 50% off at Rogers and it seems to fit. A little snug for sure though.

samn

edit - and of course you can see the reflection. screen seems off. so there you go. kid is an asshole.

YXTUyig.jpg

Watch for the start of the video when the phones are placed in. You can clearly see the phone screens being distorted by the water. This effect would be too time-consuming to pull off just for a prank video.

The reflections of the screens could well appear dark at a particular angle, perhaps due to polarisation.

Is it true that there aren't dedicated 6S cases, and that I can and should just use cases for the 6? I found an Apple leather case for 50% off at Rogers and it seems to fit. A little snug for sure though.
My wife is using my 6 plus cover for her s plus . I would only buy dedicated s cases if they were hard covers but soft covers snug in 6s quite well

It's slightly true. I think you will only have issues with cases that had a really snug and precise fit for the iPhone 6/6+. Otherwise, most cases will fit just fine. I just put an old iPhone 6 Plus aluminum case from Spigen on my new iPhone 6s Plus and it fits it just fine.

Kama_1082

Banned
Took advantage of the local AT&T store offer of a $50 iPad mini 2 with purchase of the phone. Just picked it up this morning and it's pretty damn awesome.

Magnus

Is it not an option for you guys to get your iPhones via your carrier stores and not from Apple? I had a totally painless experience going right to Rogers, one of the major carriers in Toronto/Canada.

They've got a whole bunch at stores across the city for walk-ins too.

Owari

Yea it's jaw droppingly good.

Best phone I've used by far.

There are definitely frame drops though. It's not 100% 60fps. Hopefully they fix that. And the heat.
I haven't had a single hangup on the 6S. How much slower than 60Fps does the 6S+ do?

Enco

I haven't had a single hangup on the 6S. How much slower than 60Fps does the 6+ do?
Cant say for sure but below 30 I'm guessing. Only briefly but still annoying.

The hang ups are worse. Every now and then my phone locks up for a few seconds.

Owari

Cant say for sure but below 30 I'm guessing. Only briefly but still annoying.

The hang ups are worse. Every now and then my phone locks up for a few seconds.
That's extremely disappointing. :( I wish that screen was just a smidge smaller so the CPU could keep up.

Ninja Dom

I feel like the 6s battery is worse than my old 5c or something. In just 3 hours, I'm already down to 78%

Yeah my 6S is a little weaker with battery than I expected and I'm coming from a 6. But it'll take a while for the battery to go through some charge cycles and get to its optimum. And I can't stop playing with the phone too.

I haven't reloaded an app yet. This additional ram is sort of Amazing. I'm actually realizing I actually enjoy the additional heft to the phone, idk why but it just works for me.

Battery life is similar to the 6 I upgraded from, so whatever magic they used to make the 6S battery smaller but give the same usage is cool with me -- I routinely make it through a day without needing a charge.

BokehKing

Banned
I have not used an iPhone since the 4
Been Goog Set Droid Gang for awhile

With that said, the culture shock is so god damn refreshing

I just wish swift key was shown the same love on iOS that it gets on android...

Def not a fan of the keyboard, I want to long press for #'s and symbols not hit a different key to get to them

Nephtis

Seems to be plenty of 6s 64gb models for Verizon, but no 128. Damn.

Tmobile does have some, but I don't wanna go back to them D:

That's extremely disappointing. :( I wish that screen was just a smidge smaller so the CPU could keep up.

I know you're just trolling (and doing a terrible job), but in now way is the hardware in the 6S Plus insufficient to drive that res - it has to be a software thing at this point (if it's a thing; ie he's not indexing/has the same usage patterns you do etc)

I'd even go as far as to say the same for the 6 plus

Dougald

My display has a small grey blob that gradually fades when the display is static. Taking it in tomorrow, I may win prize for first faulty 6s at my stores Genius Bar.

Idea for iPhone 7

Remove the home button. Force touch bottom of screen to wake phone , log in , go to home screen.

I was just thinking today that I'd love for them to get rid of the thick top/bottom bezels and eliminate the Home button, but I can't think of a way for it to feasibly work. The Home button is too ingrained in the whole OS at this point. Apple Pay/Siri/App Swicher/Screenshots/Force Shut down/etc

I was just thinking today that I'd love for them to get rid of the thick top/bottom bezels and eliminate the Home button, but I can't think of a way for it to feasibly work. The Home button is too ingrained in the whole OS at this point. Apple Pay/Siri/App Swicher/Screenshots/Force Shut down/etc

I'm saying the home button would now be virtual instead of physical, bottom would just have a round etch where you put your finger, rest is all force touch

Juice

Man the 6s+ is so much faster even for web browsing. I'm pretty sure I'm not in an area that t-mobile has any of that sweet 700mhz/band 12 spectrum either, but nevertheless the radio is clearly much much faster.

subrock

Oh man I was accidentally set to Zoomed all yesterday and i couldn't figure out why everything seemed so weird. Standard is definitely my jam

riotous

Banned
Oh man I was accidentally set to Zoomed all yesterday and i couldn't figure out why everything seemed so weird. Standard is definitely my jam

Yeah; and to anyone new to the 6 line they should definitely find and adjust the text size setting.

I put it at the smallest possible and apps are still incredibly easy to read. WhatsApp looks ridiculous for instance unless you lower it.

3D Touch really is so cool, especially while browsing the web. It's especially great for reading content behind a cut tag on a blog. I can't wait for more apps to support it.

kaiiri

Mine is busted too. Followed every trick online - sans restore. Hopefully it works itself out by tomorrow night

Ya I've tried everything I've seen online too. It's really annoying that something like this isn't working. Tried what was said below as well with making sure old phone was wiped and I've tried turning the settings off and on yet no luck. I've talked to apple.. now I'm talking to AT&T.... and they can't seem to figure it out either. Pretty depressing when getting a new phone.

Owari

I know you're just trolling (and doing a terrible job), but in now way is the hardware in the 6S Plus insufficient to drive that res - it has to be a software thing at this point (if it's a thing; ie he's not indexing/has the same usage patterns you do etc)

I'd even go as far as to say the same for the 6 plus
He said his 6S+ was dropping below 60FPS and having hang ups. I'm not trolling, lol.

Top Bottom