• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

You can fix the iCloud error by temporarily disabling Wi-Fi, then enabling the iCloud Sharing.

After its enabled, flick back on your Wi-Fi and you should be able to start saving stuff offline. Just got Kiss - Destroyer saved offline after 15 minutes of testing around the settings.

I love the idea of Beats 1. I am really bad at finding new music, and I think algorithms are generally pretty bad at that sort of thing. The idea of actual humans with good music taste playing anything from any genre that they think is cool or relevant is a great idea.

Jas

Does Apple Music count against your data cap on T-Mobile?

Currently pay for Spotify, I have a iPhone 6+ so I"ll probably check out Apple Music but if it counts against my data cap I'll stick to Spotify.

ducksauce

2 for 2 on the songs choices so far. How do you add the songs they play on Beats 1 to your library without having to search for it.

spoon!

You can fix the iCloud error by temporarily disabling Wi-Fi, then enabling the iCloud Sharing.

After its enabled, flick back on your Wi-Fi and you should be able to start saving stuff offline. Just got Kiss - Destroyer saved offline after 15 minutes of testing around the settings.
You are awesome

Hoo-doo

Banned

Currently pay for Spotify, I have a iPhone 6+ so I"ll probably check out Apple Music but if it counts against my data cap I'll stick to Spotify.

Of course it does. It's still data.

Some providers struck a deal with Spotify though, but it's inevitable that some providers will start also start letting people stream Apple Music without extra charge.

Nah, it definitely doesn't. ITunes Radio and "matched" stuff streaming didn't, so this won't either.

Of course it does. It's still data.

Some providers struck a deal with Spotify though, but it's inevitable that some providers will start also start letting people stream Apple Music without extra charge.

T-Mobile USA has a (net neutrality smashing) "whitelist" of anything music related that doesn't count towards your data throttle, including Spotify, iTunes, Google Music and so on. Here's the list.

THIS IS AMAZING BEATS 1 HAS SOLD ME ON APPLE MUSIC

It's just exciting to have 1 station for the world and these songs are insane and I love the dude's voice, he has me amped.

I FEEL LIKE IM ON DRUGS

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I mean, it pretty much does all the things Spotify does. Whether you like the interface or not, is going to be subjective. I think what it comes down to is, if you are someone that is invested in a bunch of apple devices, or have something like iTunes match, then I do think it's good enough to just make the switch and use this w/ all your apple products. I think Apple has pretty much made it good enough, that you can fully go w/ Apple on all things music.

But that's just me. Wish I could give a better break down of like what it does better. Personally, I'm not as invested in some of the other features as some folks are here. I'm just messing around with it and playing music, and it does what Spotify does (not really any better). But if you are invested in all the other features that are related to this working with apple's other stuff, then yeah. Kind of is a no brainer to just make the switch.

I'm not so sure it is, if you are just looking at this as a standalone thing. Like you aren't heavily invested in apple. And are just comparing Spotify as an App to iTunes App.

I think the main difference is the uploading your own collection. In that respect it overlaps with google music. But then if you have full access to stream anything, that only benefits if you have lots of music that isn't on the service.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I actually like the fact that i'm listening to a worldwide radio channel. Never really thought about it. Feels like it's potentially a ridiculously powerful platform for bands looking for more exposure. I mean, how many iPhones are out there?

snap0212

I'll get used to the interface, I think. The Radio station is pretty good so far. I'm heading outside in a couple of minutes. It's the last day of the month and I have about a gig worth of data to burn so let's see how long this lasts for the service. :)

Is there a list of artists that are only on Apple Music?

Doesn't look like we can heart or save individual songs on live radio, just the station.

This seems too work...

P4LvsNFl.png

Kinsella

Banned
The playlist functionality stinks. If I click Add to playlist, it needs to give me a choice to create one using what I just selected.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Zane is killing it with this song selection, it's exactly what I would like my radio to play. Hella early to say of course, after only 3 songs, but I'm liking the hell out of this already.

Mononoke

Banned
I think the main difference is the uploading your own collection. In that respect it overlaps with google music. But then if you have full access to stream anything, that only benefits if you have lots of music that isn't on the service.

This live radio thing is pretty cool too. I know other stream services have like a "radio" in that, they just mix music. But this is basically like a real live radio station. Pretty rad.

Wish iTunes actually worked. I have my main music set up through my PC. Currently listening through my iPad. Bleh.

Rootbeer

Banned
It hurts not having an iPhone right now. I'll update my old 4S and play around with it though.

Why are they lagging on the desktop side?

shoplifter

I love the idea of Beats 1. I am really bad at finding new music, and I think algorithms are generally pretty bad at that sort of thing. The idea of actual humans with good music taste playing anything from any genre that they think is cool or relevant is a great idea.

This is how radio actually *used* to be.

I actually like the fact that i'm listening to a worldwide radio channel. Never really thought about it. Feels like it's potentially a ridiculously powerful platform for bands looking for more exposure. I mean, how many iPhones are out there?

Yeah it's funny, even though Internet radio has been around for decades and those are literally a "worldwide radio station", the network effect of Beats 1 makes it feel like something real.

RDreamer

Tap on the 3 dots and select "Add To My Music". You can add whole albums or single songs.

Tried that.

Seems to work, kind of spottily.

I'm not sure if I'm ok with that work around. I feel like I'll be way more anal and won't want to have multiples listed, so I'll stick to my copy in my music (iTunes match), which also will mean the artists I like will get less money. As it is now I generally stream from spotify, even though I have everything on iTunes match. The only artists I really listen to on match are just not on Spotify. So, I generally end up giving artists a lot of money (buy the album, then stream it when I play it!)

Actually most of the reason I stuck with Spotify was that Cloudscrob always was kind of spotty for me, and Spotify always scrobbled no matter what.

Top Bottom