• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

snap0212

I think I get maybe half a dozen of radio stations (with my good old Sansa MP3 player) and most offer a decent amount of variety. Worst case you just switch to another one.
Sure, I'm not bothered by it, but this particular station (the one that sends CDs to the movie theater) constantly plays those couple of popular songs and it gets annoying really fast.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Okay. Apple Music is amazing. I've already had some things I was gonna buy last week added to my library. Everything is seamless.

I don't really see me ever dropping this, and I haven't even explored the radio stations yet.

Beats 1 isn't for me. Neither is this UI. People declaring this the best already are hilarious. This thing needs a lot of work.

Eh, it's just knowing what's important to you. If you're liking the radio station, liking the Siri integration, and liking the UI, then maybe you already know it's better for you than Spotify or Rdio. I have concluded this.

El Topo

Sure, I'm not bothered by it, but this particular station (the one that sends CDs to the movie theater) constantly plays those couple of popular songs and it gets annoying really fast.

Fair enough. Again, don't get too many radio stations where I live anyway, not counting those that play classical music all the time. Can't hear that terrible albatross song anymore though.

Mononoke

Banned
Spotify is doomed. Well not really but they're about to lose a ton of subs including mine.

Loving it so far!

My Spotify premium lapsed today. Prob wont be renewing it. Although I'm waiting for jailbreak to catch up to 8.4 So maybe I'll keep Spotify for another month.

HUELEN10

Also, the streaming quality is better than a lot of other internet Radio stations I tried, is it streaming at 256kbps AAC too?!?!?

Sounds excellent!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Siri integration with this is intense.

Not working from my watch so far though.

yeah - those of you blown away by the idea of a radio station playing good music, you should check out www.bbc.co.uk/radio1 around 7pm each day they usually play this kind of stuff, and you can tune in wherever you are - us in the UK pick up the tab ;)

I think the point of Beats 1 is to be that quality of station 24 hours a day. We'll see if the other DJs have the selection quality Zane has shown so far.

HUELEN10

Yo, can we get a separate thread on Beats 1. It's so good.

Since Apple Music is one whole thing that ties to each other with different parts to create one whole, I thought we should have one thread, all of Apple Music as a whole including Beats 1, but what do you guys think?

Mononoke

Banned
Also, the streaming quality is better than a lot of other internet Radio stations I tried, is it streaming at 256kbps AAC too?!?!?

Sounds excellent!

Is it? Listening now with my IEMs, and the quality kind of sounds bad. I was just going to post actually and ask what the quality of the live radio was streaming at. Hmmm. Might just be this specific song.

Since Apple Music is one whole thing that ties to each other with different parts to create one whole, I thought we should have one thread, but what do you guys think?

Might make sense to have it be its own thread, since people will prob want to listen to it and talk at the same time. I dunno. I can see it going either way.

spoon!

Beats 1 is far better than what I was expecting. I was expecting it to be irrelevant. But this is awesome.

Good stuff

Imagine having an opinion without hyperbole. I don't like it yet, but it's not the worst thing ever. Calling it the best 30 mins in is ridiculous. Especially given the UI.

"Best thing ever" isn't that hyperbolic when you only have a handful of competitors. Really only Rdio, Spotify, and Google Music to compare it to.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just noticed that Explicit songs are showing grey for me too. Can't play any of those.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Since Apple Music is one whole thing that ties to each other with different parts to create one whole, I thought we should have one thread, all of Apple Music as a whole including Beats 1, but what do you guys think?

Discussing Apple music while there's live new stuff and songs on Beats One going on 24/7 makes for a pretty poor mix. I'd like a thread to discuss what i'm hearing right that moment.

Luke_Wal

Is anybody else having problems adding playlists and music to My Music? I tried adding a playlist to My Music, but once I did, the playlist went empty. Same happened when I created my own playlist; I added about 80 songs to a playlist, and then it went empty.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Different people have differing opinions. Imagine that.

people are making those decisions incredibly quickly though. To me it seems mostly like Spotify crossed with google play music's uploads, along with a link to stream BBC radio 1. I don't see anything fundamental that is any kind of gamechanger. The UI and Siri integration might make it worth switching, but some of the hyperbolic comments so far seem a little premature.

Mononoke

Banned

They really need to release a new Apple TV all together. Getting ridiculous now. Sucks that Apple TV support is in the fall, and that Apple is slacking on Apple TV all around. Maybe the support will come at the same time as a new Apple TV model.

people are making those decisions incredibly quickly though. To me it seems mostly like Spotify crossed with google play music's uploads, along with a link to stream BBC radio 1. I don't see anything fundamental that is any kind of gamechanger. The UI and Siri integration might make it worth switching, but some of the hyperbolic comments so far seem a little premature.

I agree people saying that Spotify is 100% done are being pre-mature with that. But I think Apple did a great job with this (especially this Beats 1 radio). So people are just excited.

I think the point of Beats 1 is to be that quality of station 24 hours a day. We'll see if the other DJs have the selection quality Zane has shown so far.

That's what's exciting me personally. I love Radio 1 after hours but in the daytime it's trash. This will do for work, awesome.

Why did I not import my Spotify playlists yesterday when I saw the guide on Neogaf, before all the mac websites wrote about it and the site went down? I'm a moron.

I can now add music to a playlist from Beats 1, couldn't five minutes ago. Either it's a bug, or Apple heard feedback and switched some restriction off quick.

I know it's silly to be excited over radio, but I'm pretty excited about this.

I just told my coworker, Beats 1 is amazing, I know it doesn't sound like anything, but this is the coolest thing. A global radio channel with truly awesome music, it's making discovery exciting and social.

Top Bottom