• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

kudoboi

you might have to subscribe, but tap the radio button in the middle of the tab bar, then tap listen

I must be blind because i don't see it anywhere here. Every explicit track is also missing from the service

pNmFk1N.jpg

snap0212

They're using the first couple of minutes to establish that this radio station will basically play everything, it seems. Amazing.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I actually like the fact that i'm listening to a worldwide radio channel. Never really thought about it. Feels like it's potentially a ridiculously powerful platform for bands looking for more exposure. I mean, how many iPhones are out there?

But you could have listened to Zane on Radio 1 playing this music anywhere in the world for free before he joined Beats 1.

I kind of get that it being global from the start - rather than allowing people anywhere to tune into a local station - can maybe make it feel more of a connected community though?

HUELEN10

Okay guys, Beats 1 is incredibly awesome. I am gonna do an overhaul to the OP later today a few hours after the iTunes update rolls out.

Today is a great day for music, and Beats 1 is gonna be a major focus of this thread.

Just killed my Spotify sub. The end, Apple Music wins.

It does need to let you create a playlist based off a song you're selecting..you need to create an empty playlist first. Booooo

Doesn't look like we can heart or save individual songs on live radio, just the station.

This sucks I keep searching for song names to save a Beats 1 playlist, this is annoying.

Hoo-doo

Banned
This are some wild-ass tunes for such a mainstream radio channel.
Every country in the world is bumping this grimey shit right now. Rad.

I feel Beats One might actually deserve it's own OT in a way.

snap0212

Rather than Clear Channel playing the same 10 manufactured 'hits' every hour?
This is so annoying. I work at a movie theater and we get our music CDs from a local radio station. They have like 15 songs that play over and over again. At first I thought they were simply giving us only a couple of songs, but it turns out that they actually repeat those songs on the regular radio all the time.

El Topo

They have like 15 songs that play over and over again. At first I thought they were simply giving us only a couple of songs, but it turns out that they actually repeat those songs on the regular radio all the time.

Really? Sounds completely different from German stations, which offer a lot of variety (and still have quite some audience). I'm a bit baffled at how bad radio supposedly is in the US.

P.S. make sure to go look at your profile with the little silhouette icon in the top left and secure your handle before someone else does

RDreamer

Interesting, when you add something to your library on the phone, it adds it as an album on iTunes (kind of like iTunes Match if you didn't have the local file).

That's so odd... are you in the US?

You can only do it with some songs. I think it's only songs that are available for streaming, because hitting the heart button adds it to your "library".

No I'm in the UK all the other stations seem to work fine just beats 1 that isn't working right

Enco

iTunes music library can't be enabled.

Really annoying error.

I prefer the spotify app. Way simpler and more attractive.

Mafro

Is anyone else having trouble enabling iCloud Music Library? I toggle it on and no matter whether I select merge or replace it just says it can't be enabled and doesn't bother telling me why.

MercuryLS

Banned
Apple music is amazing. Just amazing.

I'm loving the song choices so far on Beata 1, Zane is so entertaining and his love for music is infectious.

El Topo

I'm in Germany. :D

I think I get maybe half a dozen of radio stations (with my good old Sansa MP3 player) and most offer a decent amount of variety. Worst case you just switch to another one.
Stations like SWR seem to do a pretty decent job. Don't get me wrong, there's certainly some songs that appear more often than others, but overall it's okay.

For the iCloud error - the only known solution for now is toggling off wifi, and enabling the iCloud Music setting over and over again until it works. It worked for me on the 15th attempt.

Beats 1 is continuing to give me life.

Partition

Banned
now the only thing left for Apple Music to do is to kill Last.FM and allow us to follow our friends / see what they are listening to

Kinsella

Banned
Beats 1 isn't for me. Neither is this UI. People declaring this the best already are hilarious. This thing needs a lot of work.

Installation went pretty smoothly on both my iPhone and iPad Mini. Gonna install on my Macbook Air l8er.

So far so good. I'm just pressing ALL the buttons to see what they do.

Top Bottom