• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

More Observer notes.

Hardy stuff

Regarding the Hardys, right now the plan is for them to go to the Broken gimmick with the idea that it’ll be a major merchandise mover. WWE is attempting to make a deal with Anthem so everything is on hold when it comes to that until the sides come to an agreement. When Matt did his interview on Raw, he was speaking like the old Matt Hardy but did a very quick tease of the accent of the character and they legally can’t stop a guy talking with an accent. So the idea is teases until they have the rights to do it.

Brock protected Goldberg from WWE Creative

Goldberg’s contract has expired but they have a longer period of agreement allowing them to sell merchandise. Since there is nowhere else he’s going to wrestle at, because nobody else can pay him anywhere close to what he made on his WWE run, and WWE has no immediate plans for him, there’s no rush to make a new deal. The one thing is that in his last program, Lesnar was his angel in the sense that Lesnar always went to bat for him to have things done to make him strong because in the end Lesnar was winning the Mania match and wanted Goldberg as strong as possible for the match. The navigation may not be as easy with another opponent, because then the writing crew and creative could get involved in the ideas and direction. Because Goldberg trusted the long-term and Lesnar, there wasn’t the issues in worrying about creative. But in another program , you’re not going to have the power of Lesnar, who pretty much is going to get what he wants because he’s Lesnar and has options to make millions elsewhere in one night should he want to, which ended up making sure Goldberg came across like the old Goldberg.

Paige is basically out

Paige is not figured into any plans going forward after her neck recovers from surgery unless things change. Everything that’s happened is the reason. The only thing that could save her is the Dwayne Johnson movie. And nobody knows if she wants to come back anyway, since it’ll be tough on her relationship being constantly back on the road.

Corbin is top SD heel

One of the plans coming out of the roster split is for Corbin to be pushed as the lead heel on Smackdown and to be built up as the big opponent for Orton down the line. They are looking at ways of changing him up with new music and talking over other changes.

Edit: DM stop stealing my shine.

DMczaf

The worst part about that Corbin bit is that it basically confirms that we are in for a long Orton title reign.

RIP SDLive.

Only thing you're gonna TAKE is a damn beating if you don't recognize your place.

And talking Shoot is going to be Talking Work for the next few weeks without Bryan

And your spot is already mine son

I kind of expected Orton would hold the title for a while. I dont have much interest in seeing Orton have a run, especially as a face.

I wonder who we will drip it to to then drop to Nak. I hipe they develop a more compelling heel for Nak than Corbin.

Maybe it's a good thing Rusev isn't around to get the Jinder push since Jinder is just filler for Backlash and Rusev can maybe come back from injury for something better.

Orton is probably gonna be champ until Summerslam and even then might hold it more. Of all the pals Vince decides to finally owe one to it had to be fucking Orton.

Basically we got WCW Goldberg instead of WWE Goldberg because Brock knows this damn business and knows how to work

Of course, Brock's not a geek who has been brainwashed into the "wins and losses don't matter" mantra.

Maybe it's a good thing Rusev isn't around to get the Jinder push since Jinder is just filler for Backlash and Rusev can maybe come back from injury for something better.

I mean, Cena needs somebody to go over when he comes back.

cordy

Banned
Lemme guess...Corbin/Orton at Summerslam this year? I mean it's gonna be a big push and that's 4 months away. Makes sense. If not that, Corbin wins the belt at TLC due to shenanigans or something and holds onto it until he faces Nakamura at WM next year. I read that we're getting Orton/Styles soon so I guess they'll have a 2-3 month feud where Orton waxes him and then he moves onto someone else.

Tall4Life

By posting the Observer on here that's basically piracy and an extreme criminal act

Do you really want to make Big Dave starve because less will subscribe to him? Have some ethics.

Corbin being someone they consider to be a potential top heel who they want to build up as a threat for Randy has me more convinced then ever he'll get the MITB briefcase.

Dave said:
There was an issue early. Lawler, used to calling Jim Ross “J.R.,” started calling Ranallo “M.R.,” likely an inside rib since decades earlier, when Lawler and McMahon were growing up, the term “M.R.” was considered one of the worst playground slurs, similar to gay slurs in their generation, as it was short for “mental retard.” Of course few would know that since the term went away probably by the 70s. But after a few weeks, it was dropped.

yikes

By posting the Observer on here that's basically piracy and an extreme criminal act

Do you really want to make Big Dave starve because less will subscribe to him? Have some ethics.

Big Dave himself has said he doesn't care if people repost his Newsletter stuff as long as it is credited. He says it's just news and any news stories would be spread after they are broken by someone.

What he doesn't want are the audio shows being shared.

I'm not here to get a spot, I'm here to TAKE a spot

Me and DM(inus) about to come in here and wreck shop
powerslam.gif

lariat.gif

New season of Wrassle-GAF means new gimmick, baybeh!

cordy

Banned
How do you update Corbin's character? Have him come out on a bike like Taker used to? Shave his head completely bald? What else can they do?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All these Norton powerbomb gifs...

I aprove

Another thing from the Observer is that he mentioned that Stardom put their new trios titles on Shirai's team, but he doesn't know if that says anything about her future plans.

To me it plays more as a "she's still here and still our top star for now" than it plays as any confirmation. I think we won't really know one way or the other until the tournament competitors are announced.

Me and DM built this fucking company.

Good. Now get the fuck out of the way so the real stars can take over.

Top Bottom