• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

I was on a wikipedia deep dive today at work and learned that in addition to being a complete shit show for other reasons, the TNA Victory Road '11 poster has Kurt Angle featured on it (and only Kurt Angle) even though he's not on the show in any capacity.

I was on a wikipedia deep dive today at work and learned that in addition to being a complete shit show for other reasons, the TNA Victory Road '11 poster has Kurt Angle featured on it (and only Kurt Angle) even though he's not on the show in any capacity.
It happens a lot. Kane and Taker have had a few back in the day.

f1nWzCf.jpg

NXT Taping spoiler:

Thea Trinidad appeared in the crowd during the Almas vs Ohno match. It seems she might be pairing up with Almas to help his "focus" problem.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C90I4iZV0AEy4tt.jpg
Also from the NXT tapings, it seems like they are pairing Almas with
Thea Trinidad
unless it was a one-off.

Coincidentally this transition he's had and now this is exactly what I was suggesting to do with him some time back while his face run was flat lining.

I wasn't watching during Punk's crazy run, so the first time I saw the poster for Money in the Bank 2011 I burst out laughing

Payback last year had The Wyatts on the poster and all of them were injured by the time it was revealed

Wow the original raw is war set was supposed to have guns and tanks on the set but Vince didn't care much for them so he took them away.

This just in, WWE loves (from Observer):

In looking at the six guys, Mahal would have probably been the least likely, but none were strong since Smackdown really only had Orton, A.J. Styles, Owens, Corbin and Shinsuke Nakamura as top singles stars. Any questions regarding who they saw as the key star on the brand is has been answered since Nakamura has been the key babyface in the dark match every week at the tapings, the old position of John Cena. The guy in that spot is the one who the company believes would be the best at keeping the crowd from leaving during 205 Live.

Also more evidence that Vince is absolutely ridiculous:

Mauro was told at the time they brought him in that they wanted him to be himself, because they wanted Smackdown to have a different feel from Raw and come across more like a sport. Of course, there was the usual stuff of banned words and phrases. For a few months, everything seemed fine, until Vince McMahon wanted him to be more like Michael Cole, essentially the exact opposite thing he was hired to be.

Pikma

Banned
How about building stars for 205 instead of trying to "reward" them for putting through Alicia Fox and Brian Kendrick promos

Tall4Life

This just in, WWE loves (from Observer):

Also more evidence that Vince is absolutely ridiculous:
reminds me of Joey Styles's "shoot". He was brought in to replace Jim Ross and bring in a different feel to the commentary... but then he was pushed down and bumped from Backlash (BACKLASH? I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO CALL BACKLASH?) because he wasn't like Jim Ross.

cordy

Banned
It's a well-known story that the song ”Glorious" was not written for Roode, and that it was written for another wrestler, who turned it down. So it was sitting there and Roode was given it and it's really made his career. The identity of the wrestler who turned it down hadn't come out, but it was Nakamura. Nakamura was hands on when it came to his music, felt the song didn't fit him, and was a big part of putting together the song ”The Rising Son" which is the most played of all the current WWE themes. As it turned out, fate was good because, and maybe this is because we've seen it, but the song fits Roode better and Nakamura may not fit the song. In both cases, the music they ended up with have helped both tremendously, making them both superstars and allowing them to get over toning down their in-ring work with both nearing 40.
Be3GYsxbUkbcI.gif

Damn.

Tall4Life

Yeah I can't see Glorious working with Nakamura at all. Their respective songs fit them perfectly, good shit Naka.

BUT SUBCONSCIOUS IS STILL BETTER THAN ALL OF THEM THO

DMczaf

Meltz kicks off this week with a bang

One of the most surprising PPV main events in years looks to be the 5/21 Backlash show in Chicago where Randy Orton will defend the WWE title against Jinder “Traps Don’t Lie” Mahal.

Mahal and his freakazoid traps, which look like they need their own zip code
, won a six-way on Smackdown over Mojo Rawley, Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan and the title match was announced for the winner of the Orton vs. Bray Wyatt. Since Wyatt is being programmed on Raw for Finn Balor and Orton confronted Mahal after winning, that result seems obvious.

Ithil

I can see why they proposed Glorious for Nakamura, I assume their initial thought was to do something completely un-Japanese to avoid the usual "Japanese wrestler music" they've done for...everyone, except Asuka and to an extent Itami. It wouldn't have suited him at all, though.

cordy

Banned
Meltzer speculated that Jinder's push was originally for Rusev. Makes more sense that way tbh. Then again if Rusev lost to Orton I think we'd be more upset than anything so yeah I approve of this.

Meltzer speculated that Jinder's push was originally speculated for Rusev. Makes more sense that way tbh. Then again if Rusev lost to Orton I think we'd be more upset than anything so yeah I approve of this.
It'll be funny of Vince decides to make Jinder win unlike what would've happened with Rusev.

DMczaf

More from DaMeltz

Regarding Broken Matt

Regarding the Hardys, right now the plan is for them to go to the Broken gimmick with the idea that it’ll be a major merchandise mover. WWE is attempting to make a deal with Anthem so everything is on hold when it comes to that until the sides come to an agreement. When Matt did his interview on Raw, he was speaking like the old Matt Hardy but did a very quick tease of the accent of the character and they legally can’t stop a guy talking with an accent. So the idea is teases until they have the rights to do it. On social media, Matt is using the phrase “Torn Matt Hardy” instead of “Broken Matt Hardy,” as well as calling himself “Brother Moore,” since Anthem has no claimed ownership of Brother Moore, only Brother Nero.

Goldberg’s contract has expired but they have a longer period of agreement allowing them to sell merchandise. Since there is nowhere else he’s going to wrestle at, because nobody else can pay him anywhere close to what he made on his WWE run, and WWE has no immediate plans for him, there’s no rush to make a new deal. The one thing is that in his last program, Lesnar was his angel in the sense that Lesnar always went to bat for him to have things done to make him strong because in the end Lesnar was winning the Mania match and wanted Goldberg as strong as possible for the match. The navigation may not be as easy with another opponent, because then the writing crew and creative could get involved in the ideas and direction. Because Goldberg trusted the long-term and Lesnar, there wasn’t the issues in worrying about creative. But in another program , you’re not going to have the power of Lesnar, who pretty much is going to get what he wants because he’s Lesnar and has options to make millions elsewhere in one night should he want to, which ended up making sure Goldberg came across like the old Goldberg.

Basically we got WCW Goldberg instead of WWE Goldberg because Brock knows this damn business and knows how to work

Top Bottom