• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's sad he's concussed (see sad concussed emoji) so he's getting revenge by poorly photoshopping his own shirt on the guy who concussed him. He can't get revenge the old fashioned way because he's not cleared yet

it's not because he's not cleared

its because this is how wreslters are now. the 'old fashioned way' sounds pretty dangerous, pal. i'd rather throw a tweet at em #smarksgetthis

it's not because he's not cleared

its because this is how wreslters are now. the 'old fashioned way' sounds pretty dangerous, pal. i'd rather throw a tweet at em #smarksgetthis

You can change the world with a tweet, brother. Maybe Finn thinks Jinder will stop with a tweet.

klonere

Banned
I've honestly struggled to watch or talk about any wrestling since the Shibata story has developed.

It just scares and depresses me. And tomorrow is the OTT show with Kenny + The Bucks at the National Stadium, thinking I'll just flip my ticket.

klonere

Banned
C9ZZAlzVYAAZK3M.jpg

Paige is counting on WWE's pettiness to get her fired.

Little does she realize, their pettiness is what's gonna make them to refuse to let her out of her contract because she still makes them money.

Levels to this shit, homegirl.

Yep. They will never fire her, just keep making things slowly more miserable until she quits on her own.

The spot was extremely stupid and irresponsible, but I don't think it sucked. If Shibata hadn't injured himself I think people would be loving it.

shaowebb

Subdermal Hematoma. Usually caused by tears in there filling with blood. He suffered partial right side paralysis at one point that went away...the dude's style is headbutts, strikes and generally toughing through punishment as a legit hard ass not giving a fuck.

Shibata ...should stop. He can't do that style anymore and I doubt he could change in the ring. Its hard to lose that much but its better than losing all the rest of your life. He needs to find something to fill his life with besides testing his own toughness in the ring now. I wish him the best of luck. It wont be easy for a guy like him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i'm not being hyperbolic, i'm not being depressing, i'm being realistic when i've been saying that i think ishii will die in the next 10 years if he doesnt stop

Zach

I'm not being hyperbolic, I'm not being depressing, I'm being realistic when I've been saying that I think Vince McMahon will die in the next 10 months if he doesn't stop.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Stunnin Steve botched two lines in his promo before his match against Marcus Bagwell

Buff Daddy got Steve spooked

Syder

Subdermal Hematoma. Usually caused by tears in there filling with blood. He suffered partial right side paralysis at one point that went away...the dude's style is headbutts, strikes and generally toughing through punishment as a legit hard ass not giving a fuck.

Shibata ...should stop. He can't do that style anymore and I doubt he could change in the ring. Its hard to lose that much but its better than losing all the rest of your life. He needs to find something to fill his life with besides testing his own toughness in the ring now. I wish him the best of luck. It wont be easy for a guy like him.
If he doesn't stop, I don't think I can watch another match, to be honest.

I ecco the stiff headshots and neck stuff need to be phased out of New Japan before someone dies in the ring.

I just can't deal with that stuff much anymore. It's just not fun to watch.

They have used it to set themselves apart recently and totally leaned into it way to much. Only so many close calls and spots that feel 2 inches away from a broken neck can happen before it all comes crumbling down.

XenoRaven

No, its from an interview for the G-1 last year I think.

It's still breaking my heart.
If Shibata has to retire, this image will be burned in my brain for the rest of my life. I want you to know that.

It's super fun to see guys stiff the shit out of each other, but this is the end result. It's just not worth it. I hope Shibata can come back, and he changes his style to protect himself.

I thought after Benoit folks would be completely against using your head as a literal weapon, but folks just get desensitized to it again until...well, this happens.

After Daniel Bryan retired, the FIRST thing that came to mind was this shit. Dudes need to cut this shit out.

XenoRaven

I ecco the stiff headshots and neck stuff need to be phased out of New Japan before someone dies in the ring.

I just can't deal with that stuff much anymore. It's just not fun to watch.

They have used it to set themselves apart recently and totally leaned into it way to much. Only so many close calls and spots that feel 2 inches away from a broken neck can happen before it all comes crumbling down.
This might make me sound like a bloodthirsty monster, but I don't think stiff hits and head drops should be phased out completely. But they should be used sparingly, when a statement needs to be made. Part of Shibata's problem is that he does this shit every match. He doesn't save it for a dramatic moment.

One of my all time favorite moments from the few years I watched NJPW is when Ishii dropped the face of the company on his goddamn head with a wicked Steiner Screwdriver to beat Tanahashi during the G-1. That was a great moment and no one had to go to the hospital and no one's career was in great jeopardy. That kind of stuff can really make a match, but again, this stuff has to be saved for a special moment.

Edit: Think about the time Punk hit Cena with a piledriver on RAW because the GTS didn't put him away. It got a huge pop, because the piledriver is "banned". It was saved for a special moment, in a match that was part of a bitter feud between two top stars.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
those headbutts that Galhagher does, are they safe or what? I honestly cant tell.

tumblr_okpkjv2mRD1s05wxzo1_400.gif

those headbutts that Galhagher does, are they safe or what? I honestly cant tell.

tumblr_okpkjv2mRD1s05wxzo1_400.gif

They're safe. They're to the chest which is a much softer part of the bod and the impact's down to a slap. The idea behind a headbutt is that you connect the hard part of your skull against the nose of the other guy because you're likely to break their nose and it's soft enough to not damage yourself. If you're headbutting somebody else's forehead you're asking to get yourself concussed.

Edit: Think about the time Punk hit Cena with a piledriver on RAW because the GTS didn't put him away. It got a huge pop, because the piledriver is "banned". It was saved for a special moment, in a match that was part of a bitter feud between two top stars.

That was Punk and Cena's idea, Vince yelled at both in the back for doing it. Punk almost got suspended, instead they both got fined because Cena said it was his idea. It was a dumb idea that could have resulted in injury and luckily hasn't been attempted since

Top Bottom