• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Fox318

Jimmy+Garvin+stunner+to+Johnny+B+Badd.gif

Mah gah, Jimmy Garvin with the Stunner in '94!
STONE COLD JIMMY IS HERE

WHAT

Its worth keeping in mind NJPW haven't made a statement on Shibata as far as I can tell. The stuff we know from Meltzer is based on stuff Shibata's friends have said.

Shibata, 37, who remains hospitalized after his 4/9 IWGP title match with Kazuchika Okada at Tokyo Sumo Hall, is said by friends of his to be unlikely to ever be cleared to wrestle again after surgery due to a subdural hematoma from a sick skull-on-skull head-butt spot as a counter to being hit with the rainmaker.

The combination of the length of the match, dehydration and the trauma from the head-butt led to doctors advising New Japan that they would likely never be able to clear him to wrestle in good conscience.

New Japan has not announced this publicly, nor has anything been said publicly about Shibata’s situation after some brief statements in the days after the match.

Pikma

Banned
If Shibata's condition wasn't as severe as reported they would have talked about it publicly by now, so who knows why they haven't addressed it, probably waiting to have more concrete info

Watching Punk vs. Undertaker from Mania 29. I listened to Punk's podcast with Colt Cabana today for the first time today and felt like I should watch this.

Rimfya

Banned
I've not watched LU but what do people think of the 'season' format?

Perhaps WWE could do this with 205 / UK / Women's etc Network-only shows, putting on one after the other? If they keep going the way they're going they'll be producing far too many hours of weekly grappling.

Perhaps WWE could do this with 205 / UK / Women's etc Network-only shows, putting on one after the other? If they keep going the way they're going they'll be producing far too many hours of weekly grappling.

That won't happen; Vince won't do it. In his mind, there is no such thing as a season.

I agree with you, but the way the ship is running, settling down on programing is not an option.

Adree

It's fine except they film the seasons so far in advance that it locks in wrestlers for a long time. IIRC a lot of wrestlers were surprised they split the one they have filmed into two making it even longer for people like Ricochet to leave if they wanted.

If Shibata's condition wasn't as severe as reported they would have talked about it publicly by now, so who knows why they haven't addressed it, probably waiting to have more concrete info

I dont doubt the severity of Shibata's condition. There is no way you can put your body through that type of thing constantly and be fine, in any case. Just worth keeping in mind Meltzer's sources.

Meltzer theorizes NJPW are being quiet and cautious about it remembering the Fukuda incident.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so the next SD ppv...

RKO v Jinder
AJ v KO
Nak v Ziggler

anything else planned that we know of?

Bizazedo

Watching House of Hardcore....how many matches do you think Dreamer has lost over the years? What do you think his winning percentage is?

Top Bottom