• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Anth0ny

So can anyone tell me he made the right decision to stay?

New Japan doesn't just have a hot match, then do the same match 4 times in the next month so we all become sick of it.

Everyone knows the rematch is a money match, so Kenny is building himself up elsewhere and Okada is continuing to defend his title and shitting out 5 star matches like it's nothing.

When they finally do have a rematch, it'll be awesome.

Yeah I dunno, I won't lie and say I'm not curious, I love Charlotte so I'm cautiously optimistic. If they do this i kinda hope they give Becky shot at a heel run just to see what it's like

She's already getting that tweener love. She had a fairly good pop and reception this past smackdown. Her "face" turn could work similar to a rock or Austin style face.

Dean Ambrose is Disney-ified Brian Pillman. I've seen him compared to Pillman, Stone Cold, Foley and frankly it's insulting.

I agree with ya and was just using him as someone they wanted to be loose like Pillman . I've also seen dean compared to Roddy and I just didn't get it at all. He exhibits no characteristics of any of the "loose cannon" people before him.

Syder

I agree with ya and was just using him as someone they wanted to be loose like Pillman . I've also seen dean compared to Roddy and I just didn't get it at all. He exhibits no characteristics of any of the "loose cannon" people before him.
I've seen people defend Ambrose saying "he's just on the script, he's being held back" but I see nothing about Ambrose outside of WWE (that Stone Cold interview especially) where he's a good promo or has good ideas, he seems too chill to be honest. Brian Pillman lived that gimmick and the audience and people around him had no idea what he'd do next.

Nekofrog

Banned
Dean Ambrose isn't the lunatic Fringe, his Nick name should be the class clown because that's literally how he behaves, like that 13 year old kid in class who goofs around and thinks he's the funniest shit ever while disrupting class until I beat him up after fourth period behind the bleachers fuck you Josh

Syder

maxresdefault.jpg

I just remember Dean's red wagon of weapons, lunatic cringe.
He spoke of that in an interview once. Something Vince was deadset on having.

I've gotten asked to do things that, sometimes, I think, 'That's stupid.' If you do anything a hundred percent, if you commit to it, even if sucks, it'll at least suck a hundred percent. One my favorites was when Vince [McMahon, the driving force behind WWE] wanted me to carry this little red wagon full of weapons around the ring in Brooklyn, the hardest audience that we have. And I'm getting ready for a fight with Brock Lesnar. So I'm like, 'I'm about to go into a match that will be a fight to the death with the beast incarnate, who's going to probably kill me—this is not a time for laughs. If I come out there with a little red wagon, they're gonna laugh at me.' But he's like, 'No, you're not even gonna look at Brock. You're just gonna pull that wagon, put your weapons in it, walk around, go to the back.' He said, 'Because it's not a joke to you. This wagon is serious'—and in Vince's mind, he saw it a certain way, and I went, 'All right, fine, OK. I'll drag the little red wagon, and I'm gonna drag the s--- out of that little red wagon.' And I went out there, was mean-muggin' with this little red wagon, and it was so ridiculous, but I took it seriously. They loved it, and I was like, 'I cannot believe that worked.'

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is the Bate v Galhagar match worth checking out?

I want to watch NJPW Saturday but it's at the usual inconvenient time, running probably 3am to 5:30ish my time. Will probably have to just watch the few good ones when I wake up at a reasonable hour

I need that Takahashi/Ricochet

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The truth about mid 80's WWF. That's exactly what they did. Shelved Backlund, who took nearly a decade to get over it for Hogan and launched the whole thing to the moon.

Top Bottom