• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

In January I stated, that he will never be as hot as he was then, and that this was a mistake. I stand by this thought. How ever bad WWE might have used him, he will not be hotter not even if he wins at the next WK.

I wasn't there, so I don't know what the offer was, the only way I would have turned the WWE down is if the offer was an insult. You are not getting any younger homeboy.

So can anyone tell me he made the right decision to stay?
You say this like Vince, or lolhhh, would have capitalized

Notable times WWE has looked at a hot talent, and what they immediately did after:

Fandango chant: run it into the ground in a month
Finally pushing Bryan: agreeing to let him jump off a forklift to headbutt Kane for the benefit of a C-PPV
Sign Styles: have him feud with, and lose at Mania to, a then-part time Jericho calling him a young kid
Call up Nakamura: have him feud with Dolph because he's calling him a poor man's Japanese Michael Jackson

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NJPW does not hotshot book like WWE.
Omega will not be in the title picture again until later in the year to build to a WK rematch

20160918-00000100-spnavi-000-view.jpg

EVIL.jpg

????

NJPW does not hotshot book like WWE.
Omega will not be in the title picture again until later in the year to build to a WK rematch

Ehhh I think with Okada beating Fale and him beating Ishii this sets up a natural faceoff between Omega and Okada possibly as soon as the G1 specials in LA...

Good knows if I wanted to do something big I'd put the belt on Omega in the US

Notable times WWE has looked at a hot talent, and what they immediately did after:

Finally pushing Bryan: agreeing to let him jump off a forklift to headbutt Kane for the benefit of a C-PPV
Sign Styles: have him feud with, and lose at Mania to, a then-part time Jericho calling him a young kid
Call up Nakamura: have him feud with Dolph because he's calling him a poor man's Japanese Michael Jackson

Everything you said is true. I cannot argue. I just see Omega as 2017 Brian Pillman. Something WWE needs so badly, someone to throw people off their heels.

No no no Dolph didn't call him a poor man's Japanese Micheal Jackson... he accused him of actually being Micheal Jackson :p

Everything you said is true. I cannot argue. I just see Omega as 2017 Brian Pillman. Something WWE needs so badly, someone to throw people off their heels.

Wow, I think you just nailed how he could fit in WWE. Except there is literally no one in the fed to use that kind of unhinged antics on.

I feel like they tried this with Dean but he hardly ever was 'lunatic' and was more of 'guy who goofs off'.

Tagyhag

People forget that with Shibata out of the picture, that's one less person in the main event that needs to be filled. I can totally see Omega getting a rematch next WK.

Pikma

Banned
People forget that with Shibata out of the picture, that's one less person in the main event that needs to be filled. I can totally see Omega getting a rematch next WK.
But he was never in the main event, he probably was about to be but who knows what the plans were

Heroman

Banned
Okada run has made the IWGP belt one of most coveted things in Wrestling right and when Omega beats it will cement Omega as the greatest gajin in modern Japanese pro wrestling.

Okada run has made the IWGP belt one of most coveted things in Wrestling right and when Omega beats it will cement Omega as the greatest gajin in modern Japanese pro wrestling.

This is actually true, I'm looking forward to Okada losing but that's part of the effectiveness of the storyline

According to Dave Meltzer on the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the likely reason why WWE is turning Charlotte face is because they want to make her the “women’s face of the Smackdown brand” moving forward. WWE feels that with Charlotte’s name value and ring presence, that she can be a huge star and fan favorite for years to come.

tumblr_n7wdu5wWbm1qheak7o1_500.gif

Charlotte is better than Becky...

Now if that translates as a face who knows...
Becky's a much better babyface (she's probably the best babyface on the main roster) then Charlotte. Charlotte is one of my favorites right but Charlotte's face run was terrible. They had to resort to getting Paige to insult her dead brother to try and get Paige some heat.

WWE have two completely natural faces and heels in Becky and Charlotte respectively. Charlotte's one of the few heels to get actual heat. Turning her face seems like such a bad idea. Maybe it'll be better given that Charlotte has increased in ability so much since late 2015 but she's such a good heel.

It was inevitable that even Creative would turn on Becky

I mean they did have her flat out lose her feud with Alexa and give her top babyface spot to Naomi, which was surprising to be honest but now you can see that they lost confidence in her a while ago I guess... weird, betya Vince hates her accent :p

Becky's a much better babyface (she's probably the best babyface on the main roster) then Charlotte. Charlotte is one of my favorites right but Charlotte's face run was terrible. They had to resort to getting Paige to insult her dead brother to try and get Paige some heat.

WWE have two completely natural faces and heels in Becky and Charlotte respectively. Charlotte's one of the few heels to get actual heat. Turning her face seems like such a bad idea. Maybe it'll be better given that Charlotte has increased in ability so much since late 2015 but she's such a good heel.

Yeah I dunno, I won't lie and say I'm not curious, I love Charlotte so I'm cautiously optimistic. If they do this i kinda hope they give Becky shot at a heel run just to see what it's like

I mean they did have her flat out lose her feud with Alexa and give her top babyface spot to Naomi, which was surprising to be honest but now you can see that they lost confidence in her a while ago I guess... weird, betya Vince hates her accent :p
There was the rumor a while back that Dunn hated the accent and was cutting her promo time as a result. Vince loves his Irish so I doubt he hates the accent.

It's kind of ridiculous how bad her booking is. She's hugely over but constantly gets booked like an idiot. Just this week Smackdown literally ended with We Want Becky chants happening in a segment containing every woman on the roster but her. That's prime babyface material. Her booking is some of the worst in the company yet she still remains over.

There was the rumor a while back that Dunn hated the accent and was cutting her promo time as a result. Vince loves his Irish so I doubt he hates the accent.

It's kind of ridiculous how bad her booking is. She's hugely over but constantly gets booked like an idiot. Just this week Smackdown literally ended with We Want Becky chants happening in a segment containing every woman on the roster but her. That's prime babyface material. Her booking is some of the worst in the company yet she still remains over.

She's in Bray Country...

Yeah for the record turning her heel is probably dumb, but I'm just really curious to see it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
orton v bray is non-title... lol.

wtf is going on in that company. At least that means that Bray could / should win I guess.
They could preface it by saying management won't allow the title to be on the line. Which is both true and sensible.

She's in Bray Country...

Yeah for the record turning her heel is probably dumb, but I'm just really curious to see it.
I doubt they'll turn her heel (but who knows). I think the plan is maybe to shift the top heel role to Natalya. Also I think Meltzer might be reading way too much into why Natalya isn't over as a heel.

Natalya has been pushed as the leader of the new heel group and is the best wrestler on the Smackdown women’s roster. She and Charlotte have done programs before. Their NXT stuff really helped change the face of the women and put Charlotte on the map in many ways. Their Raw stuff was a disappointment due to some bad finishes and cut times of the big bouts. Now the roles are reversed, which is okay. But the problem with Natalya is still the people who watch Total Divas like her. It comes across that she’s this nice pretty woman always struggling with her position in the company and hoping for a break. That makes her someone people can relate to, and is being told to play bad guy in an attempt to do something with her and is struggling with getting over in that role. That’s not exactly a heat getting heel role.

He's making it sound like it's because of Total Divas showing her to be too nice which isn't true because even as a babyface Natalya wasn't getting much reaction.

I doubt they'll turn her heel (but who knows). I think the plan is maybe to shift the top heel role to Natalya. Also I think Meltzer might be reading way too much into why Natalya isn't over as a heel.

He's making it sound like it's because of Total Divas showing her to be too nice which isn't true because even as a babyface Natalya wasn't getting much reaction.

I just think 4 on 2 is better than 3 on 3 in a babyface vs heel fight...

Then again they should stay both face so that Charlotte can pull a Ric on Becky and Sting the fuck out of her in some big angle lol

Syder

Wow, I think you just nailed how he could fit in WWE. Except there is literally no one in the fed to use that kind of unhinged antics on.

I feel like they tried this with Dean but he hardly ever was 'lunatic' and was more of 'guy who goofs off'.
Dean Ambrose is Disney-ified Brian Pillman. I've seen him compared to Pillman, Stone Cold, Foley and frankly it's insulting.

Top Bottom