• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Tall4Life

Will you stop?! Also, you asked for this;

ASfoU3M.png

0qiC34f.gif
cgj9v1V.gif
ibBbvxy.gif

THIS IS WRESTLING CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

Heroman

Banned
The IC belt still sucks compared to the NJPW belt, no matter how much folks spin it. That mentality never made much sense since i started watching NJPW. I heard folks say "Nakamura doesn't need the NJPW belt because he's a great IC champion." which...nah, still the lower belt, even if it's not WWE midcard level.
The main event of Wk 8 was a IC title match. It not as important as the IWGP belt a hell of a lot.

YI64hPT.png

Saw this last week and saw a few comments about it. Now WWE have tweeted it. I'm sure you can imagine all the people crying over this picture in the replies. "MY KAYFABE!".

2015 AJ dude wreslte Naito, Tana, Kota Okada in a few months and I think Okada run right now is better than AJ 2015run so far.

Yeah, but it is not the same if you wrestle them in the G1 or lower mid card matches than the main event. Not Okada fault, he is living his moment and doing the best he can to cement his legacy.

Heroman

Banned
Yeah, but it is not the same if you wrestle them in the G1 or lower mid card matches than the main event. Not Okada fault, he is living his moment and doing the best he can to cement his legacy.
Outside of the Naito match, which was third from the top, all those matches were main events and took place before the g1 that year. AJ main evented a lot that year, especially during the first part of that year.

Caderfix

Crying about kayfabe in 2017... Seriously, it's not hard to separate a caracter from the performer, a wrestling show from reality.

Nekofrog

Banned
legit my first wrestling memory:

my friend had wcw vs the world on the ps1 in super early 1997, and i didn't watch wrestling at all. i selected a guy named "chris ben-oyte" and he laughed at me for calling him that

fuck you, robbie

Crying about kayfabe in 2017... Seriously, it's not hard to separate a caracter from the performer, a wrestling show from reality.
Discussion of reality is not allowed in the very fake wrasslin thread according to new administration

We all fake down here, friend. Embrace it

Heroman

Banned
I wasn't following NJPW at the time but I thought that was because Tanahashi was the ACE that closed the show.
Naw, there was a fan vote for the main event of Wk that year in which tana vs Nak beat Okada vs Natio for the main event.

YI64hPT.png

Saw this last week and saw a few comments about it. Now WWE have tweeted it. I'm sure you can imagine all the people crying over this picture in the replies. "MY KAYFABE!".
I have no problem with people posting this on there personal accounts but I have a problem with WWE posting on the main Twitter page.

Tall4Life

I wasn't following NJPW at the time but I thought that was because Tanahashi was the ACE that closed the show.

If Heroman was actually talking about WK8 and not Mania 8, the IC title only main evented because people really hated face Naito and didn't want to see him in the main event

Zach

my friend had wcw vs the world on the ps1 in super early 1997, and i didn't watch wrestling at all. i selected a guy named "chris ben-oyte" and he laughed at me for calling him that

fuck you, robbie
A few years ago, I was playing SNES with my current ladyfriend. We were just playing a little bit of everything. I popped in Royal Rumble and she said "Ted D'Bias". I make fun of her for it to this day. >_>

Caderfix

Back in Brasil around 97 the commentators used to pronounce ben-oyte as well. Since sap wasn't available and, even if it was, I didn' speak english, I commited the same mistake all the way to 2004 or so.

Anth0ny

Sources tell me that Christ wasn't happy with the creative given to him, and decided to show back up on TV only 3 days after his worked death. I'm being told that this resurrection is a shoot on Christ's part and he has some heat as a result of it.

Top Bottom