• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

That stupid SportsKeeda site is getting clicks saying the Cowboys drafted WWE's Xavier Woods

For reference, similarities: skin color, size
Differences: Louisiana Tech for NFL's, Furman University for WWE's. WWE's is a decade older. Everything else.

tenor.gif

As far as total package, can work like crazy, makes anyone look good, work the crowd I think he is definitely up there.

He's had matches that rival Okada's with far lesser opponents...

His match with Elgin would be the front runner for match of the year in any other year...

His match last night with Juice fucking Robinson was amazing.

And that's before we talk about his incredible charisma...

I liked to think so, but then you look in the crowd and see signs with fag and homo and slut or some racist shit and then you have to say "oh yeah"
Oh I don't care about the crowd, the audience will never change. I'm just talking about the product. Shit, most comic book movies are more morbid than the attitude era that everyone whines about not aging well.

It's like people always want to jump on wrestling for doing stuff they praise and enjoy in movies.

whether the attitude era aged well or not, it still completely shits on today's wwe

I think the good stuff aged well
What I put in the toilet is more interesting than the product today.

They should take those Hollywood writers and put them on network shows and get actual people with experience in the business as the story writers.

It's ridiculous, everything is so basic and you can see right through it.

Ffs, when was the last time we had a swerve we weren't expecting? I don't even count Seth turning on the shield.

They should take those Hollywood writers and put them on network shows and get actual people with experience in the business as the story writers.

Ffs, when was the last time we had a swerve we weren't expecting? I don't even count Seth turning on the shield.

Sting replacing the statue when the cover went up was the closest I can think of in literally 6 years

Hex

Banned

You can blame the swerve thing on the internet too, it is a whole different world than it was

You can blame the swerve thing on the internet too, it is a whole different world than it was

Yeah we generally know so much more now. I felt like I onew about Orton winning the rumble to face Bray at Mania months before the rumble.

Also, I cant nderstand the Okada hate here. He has had so many great matches. There might be silly stuff sometimes like in Suzuki match but overall he is incredible.

Yeah we generally know so much more now. I felt like I onew about Orton winning the rumble to face Bray at Mania months before the rumble.

Also, I cant nderstand the Okada hate here. He has had so many great matches. There might be silly stuff sometimes like in Suzuki match but overall he is incredible.

Okada is absolutely fantastic....

I just prefer Naito

Or maybe they can stop telling everyone the damn plans.

Like it's not even just the leaks, it's that everything is one dimensional. Remember when we got something unexpected at the end of a lot of ppvs? Or Raw for that matter? Now Raw just ends, either the heel beats up the face or face beats up the heel. No turning, no expected newness, just the same bullshit.

The only thing I remember from wm 31 due to it being a piece of shit is seth cashing in because no one saw it.

Oh shit mitb last year, Roman losing, no one saw that. But I did know but didn't know dean would cash in. Two great moments in a row.

Anyway, how hard is it to swerve your dirty sheet writers too? Just keep the final results until right before the match

Like it's not even just the leaks, it's that everything is one dimensional. Remember when we got something unexpected at the end of a lot of ppvs? Or Raw for that matter? Now Raw just ends, either the heel beats up the face or face beats up the heel. No turning, no expected newness, just the same bullshit.

The only thing I remember from wm 31 due to it being a piece of shit is seth cashing in because no one saw it.

Oh shit mitb last year, Roman losing, no one saw that. But I did know but didn't know dean would cash in. Two great moments in a row.

The end to Reigns vs Owens at the Rumble was a surpirse

Hex

Banned

Anyway, how hard is it to swerve your dirty sheet writers too? Just keep the final results until right before the match

That mechanic has changed also.
A) Back then there was direct competition.
B) These days Raw and Smackdown are fillers between PPVs and very little more.
Everything is now to shill the channel, which I have to believe is easier than getting people to bite in for 60 bucks a show.

That mechanic has changed also.
A) Back then there was direct competition.
B) These days Raw and Smackdown are fillers between PPVs and very little more.
Everything is now to shill the channel, which I have to believe is easier than getting people to bite in for 60 bucks a show.
They should make these events feel special. The sd ppvs felt pretty good whereas the raw events all just felt like raw.

Idk, just get these Hollywood writers out of my booking rooms.

ElRenoRaven

To watch a d rated wcw ppv or not. 98 superbrawl

I'm watching Fall Brawl 95 right now myself. Kind of sad though. Watching DDP vs The Renegade. I decided to look up what ever happened to that guy. Now I'm sad. Warrior apparently did interviews making a point to point out that the guy wasn't The Ultimate Warrior. You'd think this was obvious since they were calling him The Renegade and not The ultimate warrior. This apparently killed his momentum leading to him becoming a jobber. Finally after he was fired after a few years of being a jobber he killed himself at Age 33 of a self inflicted gunshot wound.

I had no clue he had killed himself.

I'm watching Fall Brawl 95 right now myself. Kind of sad though. Watching DDP vs The Renegade. I decided to look up what ever happened to that guy. Now I'm sad. Warrior apparently did interviews making a point to point out that the guy wasn't The Ultimate Warrior. You'd think this was obvious since they were calling him The Renegade and not The ultimate warrior. This apparently killed his momentum leading to him becoming a jobber. Finally after he was fired after a few years of being a jobber he killed himself at Age 33 of a self inflicted gunshot wound.

Damn that's sad. RIP. Never heard of him.

Damn, apparently he was depressed after being released by wcw.
Did you review ppv's or something?
No. But I'm sure my excitement is more interesting than that lol.

ElRenoRaven

Damn that's sad. RIP. Never heard of him.

Yea. He was clearly a warrior knockoff. Even his unveiling was done in a way you thought it was The Ultimate Warrior. He was shown as a silhouette with tassels etc. His mannerisms were very Ultimate Warrior like too. Then when he was unveiled it was like a bad Ultimate Warrior knock off.

This was the PPV he lost his title to DDP and from here he became a jobber for a few years before well.

ElRenoRaven

Ok I'm cheered up. I can't help but laugh when I see Bunkhouse Buck from Bucksnort Tennessee. LMAO

Course helps this match has Booker and Stevie Ray going up against Buck and Dick Slater.

Top Bottom