• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

:)

Cool cool...

My top 5 NJPW:

1. Naito
2. Omega
3. Suzuki
4. Okada
5. Goto/Ishiii...would have been Shibata but yeah :(

Honorable mentions: Sanada, EVIL, Takahashi.

1. Naito
2. Omega
3. Ishii
4. Elgin
5. Evil

Honorables: Sanada, Taguchi, Kushida, Juice and the GOAT YANO

Seriously though, I'm pretty confident in my top 3 but I really enjoy everyone that's on the main cards.

Adree

Persona 5 is finished. Good game that likes to go on far too long at the end... seriously there's like 5 more hours once you think the game is about to wrap it up.

I think P4 might have the best confidants still and P3 has the best end-game fight.

Not even one Lotus Juice track is a real sin.

Persona 5 is finished. Good game that likes to go on far too long at the end... seriously there's like 5 more hours once you think the game is about to wrap it up.

I think P4 might have the best confidants still and P3 has the best end-game fight.

Not even one Lotus Juice track is a real sin.

Persona 5 Arena will get the mashups flowing. Cleared the 'last' dungeon but I can see things still stretching for a while based on the formula of the other games.

In Wrasslenews I am SO EXCITED to have finally got some tickets to download festival. I'm ready for a Nak Attack. Just hope it doesn't clash with any particular acts, but I think he'll take precedence (Unless it's SOAD but they shouldn't be wrestling that late)

Adree

Persona 5 Arena will get the mashups flowing. Cleared the 'last' dungeon but I can see things still stretching for a while based on the formula of the other games.

In Wrasslenews I am SO EXCITED to have finally got some tickets to download festival. I'm ready for a Nak Attack. Just hope it doesn't clash with any particular acts, but I think he'll take precedence (Unless it's SOAD but they shouldn't be wrestling that late)

Be excited for some of the stuff in the last dungeons that is such a bore/pain to fight that I made judicious use of shogi girl's confidant abilities that let you escape from any battle. I'll take them overdoing it with the dungeons a bit if it means they find so many creative things to do in them compared to the supremely boring ones in 3/4 though.

Honestly, I am on the 4th Palace and struggle to continue playing P5. It has been 40 hours and there is barely a story hook outside nebulous references to a potential antagonist.

I will finish it eventually but for now I don't want to force myself to play it.

I have always been more of a mainline SMT kinda person though so I am not so surprised this is dregging me out a bit.

Adree

Honestly, I am on the 4th Palace and struggle to continue playing P5. It has been 40 hours and there is barely a story hook outside nebulous references to a potential antagonist.

I will finish it eventually but for now I don't want to force myself to play it.

I have always been more of a mainline SMT kinda person though so I am not so surprised this is dregging me out a bit.

This is the only one I've finished without a long break mid-way through. It helps that they added so many things to make dungeons less of a pain to get through as well as giving you progress even when you choose the "wrong" conversation options.

Be excited for some of the stuff in the last dungeons that is such a bore/pain to fight that I made judicious use of shogi girl's confidant abilities that let you escape from any battle. I'll take them overdoing it with the dungeons a bit if it means they find so many creative things to do in them compared to the supremely boring ones in 3/4 though.

Shogi girl is life. End of the last boss fight I did I turned to my housemate, hollowed out in soul, and said "Yeah without Shogi Master's rank 10 I would have lost hard". So so useful.

Totally don't force yourself, I was at a similar point I think, maybe a little later where some plot stuff started annoying me, so I took a break, came back a couple days later, enjoying the game much more for that.

The opening being pretty strong doesn't help for when the middle part and routine makes the game dip. Still a great game no question.

This is the only one I've finished without a long break mid-way through. It helps that they added so many things to make dungeons less of a pain to get through as well as giving you progress even when you choose the "wrong" conversation options.

Shogi girl is life. End of the last boss fight I did I turned to my housemate, hollowed out in soul, and said "Yeah without Shogi Master's rank 10 I would have lost hard". So so useful.

Totally don't force yourself, I was at a similar point I think, maybe a little later where some plot stuff started annoying me, so I took a break, came back a couple days later, enjoying the game much more for that.

The opening being pretty strong doesn't help for when the middle part and routine makes the game dip. Still a great game no question.

I really like the game in general and the start was super strong, I just want something to really compel me to get on with it. Having a break for a few days will be for the best. I'll be in Sydney most of this week anyway so it should be fresher for next week :)

I struggle a little bit complaining though given I like SMT so much. It has even less story but for some reason I don't care as much. I can't really explain why.

NJPW top five:

Naito
Sanada
Ishii
Okada
Suzuki

Shibata would have probably been there instead of Sanada. :(

Also, Russo has been complaining that Meltz won't do his show. Meltz response:

"I have a minimum intelligence level these days for guests I want to talk with. His IQ is about 200 points lower than the minimum."

Zach

xBYBbSi.png

orioto

Good Art™
I wonder how will they deal with Owens kinda new gimmick against Jericho. Not only their feud died completly, but Owens is now different (and it's not sure is meant to wrestle the same). I'm not sure if he's meant to look strong or not if they really want him to be a fraud US champ who is just talk.

I wonder how will they deal with Owens kinda new gimmick against Jericho. Not only their feud died completly, but Owens is now different (and it's not sure is meant to wrestle the same). I'm not sure if he's meant to look strong or not if they really want him to be a fraud US champ who is just talk.

Honestly, I'm not on board with Owens' new gimmick. It feels forced and more like a character some writer came up with compared to what he has done in WWE in the past. Obviously, that was stuff people came up with or contributed to as well, but this just feels more forced and kind of 'off' to me.

Still happy to see where it leads, but it is a shame the blowoff to his feud with Jericho was not at all satisfying.

Menome

Honestly, I'm not on board with Owens' new gimmick. It feels forced and more like a character some writer came up with compared to what he has done in WWE in the past. Obviously, that was stuff people came up with or contributed to as well, but this just feels more forced and kind of 'off' to me.

Still happy to see where it leads, but it is a shame the blowoff to his feud with Jericho was not at all satisfying.

What it needs is for Owens to pull off a full voting-campaign style promo, complete with his face fading in over images of America with a politician's smile.

orioto

Good Art™

I agree but i don't mind that much if he can still be awesome in the ring. Yet what did we see since he was in SD, in the ring ? he jobbed an unknown fatty, had failed interference and bailed out from Zayn.

I hope it's this kind of situation, in WWE, where it's not coherent and cheap chicken heel in promos is still strong in ppvs

I remember Edge was like that. Booked as a piece of shit between ppvs and super strong in ring in ppvs.

korly

One of the reasons NJPW is so great to watch these days is because it's actually pretty tough to pick a Fave Five. And not WWE-style where you're kinda struggling to think of five guys that make it worth tuning in for, but there are actually like 15+ guys in NJPW that I get excited to see.

Zach

I'll watch parts of the show tonight. Bayley, Neville, Joe, maybe Bran Strongman to see if he's actually good like you guys say.

Top Bottom